EA Forums - Banner

Sick Springield seeking Single Cultured Springfields...

Prev1
I sent you an invite, I'm still a low level (13) but I have, imho, one of the nicer Springfields and of course I am always looking for cool and creative towns.

Replies

  • dirklance81
    72 posts
    edited December 2012
    I like your beginnings starbuxs. Nice maze. Mietze, I love love the iron gate on the prison! Couldn't figure out a good way to show a gate on mine so hence the double fence square leading to cop shop. Also dig the welcome mat Hi! Is it cool with you if I adapt that gate? Would be only the second non-original thing in my SField.

    Still seeking more single springfields ;)
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Hey all! Don't mean to be a bag of vinegar and water, but I have the best SField of anyone I've seen tho I do only have 20 friends. I've been playing for way too long but I'm at the point where I can't buy anymore land on x axis and am moving down y axis quickly. Everything vignettes out. But always fine tuning. My highlights are a Higher Learning Campus, a good jail/cop shop, kegs storage at the Duff brewery, outdoor seating at the Truffle, lots of flowers (under canvas now :( , Drive throughs, cars at the gas pumps (why don't people do this?), all the characters there are except Kang (really wish I bought the ray gun), just to name my favorites.

    Not a bragging person. Really want to see some thought out springfields, to take walks on beach with, enjoy foreign films together, and any other cliche singles ad activities. ;)

    Dirklance81

    I'll add you and not just because your username makes you sound like a pornstar :wink:
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    peruhomer wrote:
    Hey all! Don't mean to be a bag of vinegar and water, but I have the best SField of anyone I've seen tho I do only have 20 friends. I've been playing for way too long but I'm at the point where I can't buy anymore land on x axis and am moving down y axis quickly. Everything vignettes out. But always fine tuning. My highlights are a Higher Learning Campus, a good jail/cop shop, kegs storage at the Duff brewery, outdoor seating at the Truffle, lots of flowers (under canvas now :( , Drive throughs, cars at the gas pumps (why don't people do this?), all the characters there are except Kang (really wish I bought the ray gun), just to name my favorites.

    Not a bragging person. Really want to see some thought out springfields, to take walks on beach with, enjoy foreign films together, and any other cliche singles ad activities. ;)

    Dirklance81

    I'll add you and not just because your username makes you sound like a pornstar :wink:

    Here, looking at your references you do not per chance work in science? You come across all Professor Frink.
  • kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've added you. I take great pride in my town but I'm sure you'll be the judge of that :lol:
  • dirklance81
    72 posts
    edited December 2012
    Peruhomer, holy *! That Mayan pyramid is by far the best usage of the calendar I've ever seen!! Hat tip for sure for that one! I like your spacing on rest of sf too! And yes, guess I'm transperant. Study genetics. DNA is siiiick! Working at masters in immunological genetics. Def like me some Frink. Also, Dirk Lance was the original bass player for Incubus before they got all lame and took their shirts off at shows.. What's your critiques on my SField?
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I will bite and send you an invite. You peaked my curiosity.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited December 2012
    For whatever reason every time I visit your springfield I have about 15 seconds before the game crashes... all the other game behaviours are normal..

    From what I have seen, your springfield is perfectly nice, but hardly one of the best/most inventive I've seen, lol
  • gocatters
    89 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I sent you an invite

    I reckon I have a pretty good Springfield myself, I'd like to see yours ;)
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for your comments. Great job yourself by the way. As you point out you have a lot of original ideas which I guess comes from playing on your own. When you have a lot a lot of friends there is sometimes a tendency for ideas to merge to produce similar looking towns. The Mayan tower, I must admit was not my own original idea, I 'borrowed' it from another player. I would say, however, that you could do with storing away a number of your excess houses. I looked at your town twice and both times it caused my game to crash. Look on this forum for the coin trick. Once you have enough friends it can be used to net you much more income than house farming. I have now stored all of my excess housing away and used the coin trick to net a half million dollars this morning. I identified you as a scientist as in my experience you all share a particular brand of humour which is epitomised in the Simpsons quote 'Out with the old and in with nucleus'. All the best and good luck with the studies.
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited December 2012
    peruhomer wrote:
    I'll add you and not just because your username makes you sound like a pornstar :wink:


    This is the exact reason I added you, too :mrgreen:

    No I got caught by the originality of your add me thread.

    Go ahead and steal everything you like! I don´t mind at all. Have a lot of reorganizing to do with all th newly purchased land. So please excuse that my town is not as organized as it should be jet.
    Not done with spyin out your SF because my game crashed during the visit. But what I have seen looks pretty good.
    @peruhomer:
    Might I add you as well? I am more than ever intruiged to see your town!
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I have to agree with the others.

    I was surprised at how quickly your town caused my game to crash. This usually only happens with really elaborate towns (don't want to say the names because don't want them flooded with invites) but trust me, these towns are massive with tons of trees and mazes and shrubs.

    I thought your town was nice but I didn't see anything particularly innovative. Take a look at some of the things Superflot has posted to see some awesome things.

    What detracted from your town for me was the house farms. It was a tad excessive and probably causing all the crashing. I have more than one of each house but I've arranged them into neighborhoods with streets and trees and they have spaces between them.

    I wasn't able to take a long look because it kept crashing but I did see a ton of potential and I disagree with PeruHomer about having friends causing sameness. Yes, I've seen some of my ideas copied into other towns but I have taken ideas from others and changed them to use in my town.

    What I can't stand is exact copies, don't do that but definitely find things you like (for instance PeruHomers Mayan tower). You like it? Then borrow it but change it so it is your own.

    I'm looking forward to watching your town change and grow as you take on more friends and more ideas.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm curious... Sent you an invite.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited December 2012
    peruhomer wrote:
    The Mayan tower

    peruhomer - I want to see your town! I added you, if you like I can delete you after I take a look :wink:
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    peruhomer wrote:
    I'll add you and not just because your username makes you sound like a pornstar :wink:


    This is the exact reason I added you, too :mrgreen:

    No I got caught by the originality of your add me thread.

    Go ahead and steal everything you like! I don´t mind at all. Have a lot of reorganizing to do with all th newly purchased land. So please excuse that my town is not as organized as it should be jet.
    Not done with spyin out your SF because my game crashed during the visit. But what I have seen looks pretty good.
    @peruhomer:
    Might I add you as well? I am more than ever intruiged to see your town!

    Yes sure, no problem.
  • flabchgirl
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    Hey all! Don't mean to be a bag of vinegar and water, but I have the best SField of anyone I've seen tho I do only have 20 friends. I've been playing for way too long but I'm at the point where I can't buy anymore land on x axis and am moving down y axis quickly. Everything vignettes out. But always fine tuning. My highlights are a Higher Learning Campus, a good jail/cop shop, kegs storage at the Duff brewery, outdoor seating at the Truffle, lots of flowers (under canvas now :( , Drive throughs, cars at the gas pumps (why don't people do this?), all the characters there are except Kang (really wish I bought the ray gun), just to name my favorites.

    Not a bragging person. Really want to see some thought out springfields, to take walks on beach with, enjoy foreign films together, and any other cliche singles ad activities. ;)

    Dirklance81

    OK, I'm game, y'all can add me :)
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    zoephoto wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:
    The Mayan tower

    peruhomer - I want to see your town! I added you, if you like I can delete you after I take a look :wink:

    I'll add you but I believe it is entirely up to you if you want to delete me. I don't really change friends unless they make my game crash too often.
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited December 2012
    Tried several times to add you, Peruhomer. Somehow it doesn´t work. Could you please send me an invite!
    Thanks a lot!!! :mrgreen:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Tried several times to add you, Peruhomer. Somehow it doesn´t work. Could you please send me an invite!
    Thanks a lot!!! :mrgreen:

    LOL I did too but I'm thinking he's full so then post some screenshots because I just wanted to see these Peruvian wonders.
  • dirklance81
    72 posts
    edited January 2013
    I hear the concerns on crashing. Thought it was just my hundreds of times dropped iPhone and * 2 bars 3G that made it crash. My personal friends that play have never had problems, so I actually feel really sorry if you experienced the amazingly frustrating torture that is TSTO's children run business plan that planned on 16 servers being enough for millions of players, ahem, fyyyuuuucck EA! So I stored 159 purple houses. Gonna keep blues (about 200, but Idk) cus I'm saving for something siiiiick. Just need 2 more y axis rows of land and it will fit. Trust me Lisa, it will be never seen before, so check back in 3 weeks, it's also gonna cost alot. Once I buy all that, I'm done with farming. I've yet to see a person with as big of land mass as me but am wondering if anyone has seen the edge of the y axis also.

    Go catters, I dig your suburbs. Like the organized feeling of culdesacs. Screams burbs. I must say, you gotta hate your parents to retire them next to a nuclear plant!!

    In the meantime. I have a game, there are two reindeer hidden in my Springfield. If you want a Waldo experience, have at it but don't tell anyone where. Promise there are two. Siiiick idea in the works still seeking siiiick SFs! Peace
  • dirklance81
    72 posts
    edited January 2013
    Oh yeah, and meant to say PeruHomer:
    I feel you on farming sucking. They are stingy with money in this game, but they are quick to increase land value. My corner lots are $114000. And though I respect up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, select, start..., and I also potion duped items back in beginning diablo stages.., I like to beat video games within the programmers intentions. So, although I have no problem with this sign in to neighbors glitch ive heard of, I'd rather earn it in the programming code, which ill exploit with best payback houses to get what I want. I paid for everything in my SF legit and proud. Although I hate EA, and since the Christmas UpDate the crashing became an issue, and ive decided to wait for 'spring' to redeploy. Don't really really need that extra income. So thanks for advice Peru and I sure dig that SF of yours! I have seen some peeps on here adapt you tower and go on all sides with bushes and it doesn't give the same height visual effect your two sides does. Siiick.

    Ps. I normally don't say sick this much just keeping in context of thread for fun
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!