EA Forums - Banner

So basically, you need to visit your town every 2hrs

Prev1
seems that way if you want to maximize your nerds.

Visit friends instead of random... you want your friends to visit you right?
Playing since Aug 2011

Replies

• Deadshot_DCU
    6261 posts Moderator
    edited August 2014
    ogre-nerds_zps14a5544c.gif
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't know, does it make a difference if we have this random option? Altho its a lot quicker to go to friends than randoms.
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • mlc19821975
    63 posts
    edited August 2014
    ogre-nerds_zps14a5544c.gif

LOL! Love this!! Perfect for this event! ;)
  • badbutttuesday
    109 posts
    edited August 2014
    I don't know, does it make a difference if we have this random option? Altho its a lot quicker to go to friends than randoms.

you can earn a lot if friends visit as well as the occasional random. I don't think any knows yet how many random visits we get. if you win with a random attack you get a lot more elixir and gold but the loss is the same either way.

its not as if most of your friends are going to know if you visit or not but i would just assume help my friends.
  • psideresider
    218 posts Member
    edited August 2014

you can earn a lot if friends visit as well as the occasional random. I don't think any knows yet how many random visits we get. if you win with a random attack you get a lot more elixir and gold but the loss is the same either way.

its not as if most of your friends are going to know if you visit or not but i would just assume help my friends.

They should be able to tell if you attacked. I had a few friends attack me and when I defended, it showed their name.
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    But it seems the random town is still one of your friends towns no?
    It looked exactly like the town one of my friends has?
  • SirLance_Elot
    2148 posts Member
    edited August 2014

You get more elixir and gold from randoms.
  • annettemarc
    7722 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I thought it was 10 nerds generated every 2 hours, with a maximum of 40 nerds allowed in the town ... So that means I don't max out for eight hours. (Not 2 hours)

I improved/whatchamacallit my castle a little while ago and it said i will now get more than that, but not sure how many more, but my maximum also increased to compensate. So it would STILL have EIGHT hours before I max out.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • badbutttuesday
    109 posts
    edited August 2014
    I thought it was 10 nerds generated every 2 hours, with a maximum of 40 nerds allowed in the town ... So that means I don't max out for eight hours. (Not 2 hours)

I improved/whatchamacallit my castle a little while ago and it said i will now get more than that, but not sure how many more, but my maximum also increased to compensate. So it would STILL have EIGHT hours before I max out.

10 generate every 2 hrs and i believe you have to click on them when the timer is up to start the next 2 hr timer.

has anyone tested this?
  • psideresider
    218 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Pokelon wrote:

Not 100% sure, but I believe random towns are random and not your neighbors. I know a few of the randoms I attacked weren't any of my neighbors. Plus when I get attacked by a friend it mentions them by name. When it's a random, it says an invader attacked.
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Pokelon wrote:

Not 100% sure, but I believe random towns are random and not your neighbors. I know a few of the randoms I attacked weren't any of my neighbors. Plus when I get attacked by a friend it mentions them by name. When it's a random, it says an invader attacked.

Ok, maybe it was just a coincidence then? :?
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited August 2014

I thought I would wake up to 40 nerds today but no, you have to click on the castle to get each set of 10 nerds, thats why i say, it looks like you have to log into the game very 2hrs to get your 10 nerds and start a new batch of nerds...

NERD BAKING!
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • badbutttuesday
    109 posts
    edited August 2014
    just tested it and yes the time restarts when you click on your nerds.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited August 2014

10 generate every 2 hrs and i believe you have to click on them when the timer is up to start the next 2 hr timer.

has anyone tested this?

Yes you have to tap on it. There's a nerd head over each castle. So you need to login every 2 hours to collect them, else it sits there like any other rent.

WHen you upgrade the castles it increases. Mine is 15 every 2 hours now, plus 3 castles, so 45 every 2 hours.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited August 2014
    I found you can do the random as many times as you want. Of course you need nerds. I only have 6 friends ( don't want more) & I've visited lots of random
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited August 2014

has anyone tested this?

Thats what it seems, I thought id wake up to 40 nerds this morning but it looks like you have to collect 10 nerds at a time :(
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • badbutttuesday
    109 posts
    edited August 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:

has anyone tested this?

Yes you have to tap on it. There's a nerd head over each castle. So you need to login every 2 hours to collect them, else it sits there like any other rent.

WHen you upgrade the castles it increases. Mine is 15 every 2 hours now, plus 3 castles, so 45 every 2 hours.

[/quote

Nice! I didn't know you received more for the other castles.

• richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited August 2014
    But bear in mind weve got 47 days. Ive already got prize four without using donuts. It kinda seems like theyve given us WAY more time than is needed.
  • mamalettejen
    206 posts
    edited August 2014
    While visiting neighbors, I've been able to click on the nerd icon above people's castles if they have nerds ready.

Does anyone know if it resets the timer on producing nerds. If so, we need to watch our neighbor's castles!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited August 2014
    But bear in mind weve got 47 days. Ive already got prize four without using donuts. It kinda seems like theyve given us WAY more time than is needed.

To be fair, the first 5 prizes is only 5000 gold. the final prize is 38000. So it jumps up significantly. So perhaps when the hype resides, the gold will come slower.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!