EA Forums - Banner

How Do I Use The Cheaters 20 To Defend?

Prev1
A few people like myself are having this issue, there seems to be a glitch (in the Matrix) where the defend side doesnt work...for some of us.

The attacking side worked just fine for me no problem, task completed but for whatever reason i cannot get the defend part to complete :(

Replies

• EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited August 2014
    I got the defend side to work just fine first time, though I was a little confused by it.

Come time to try it in my second town, it said I had nobody attacking so it wouldn't work. If nobody's attacked my second town by lunchtime I guess I'll have to wait for the timer to tick over so I can go at it from my main town.
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I have tried nothing and I am all out of ideas......hahaha.
    Kidding.

So I guess we hope that they fix the glitch and reimburse the missing dice.

OY!

w6qbo8.jpg
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited August 2014
    Is it worth using them to defend in the long run though?

I think the best strategy is to save them up to hit the castles in random towns, since they have huge payoffs compared to anything else.
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes this is annoying me too. It's either a glitch or I am missing something.
  • cornjob32
    12 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    when i use one in my own town, it makes all the neighboring invaders disappear.
  • Kig72
    41 posts
    edited August 2014
    I'm having that issue too. I wonder if it needs to be used while someone is actually attacking? I've tried twice and it just cleared out all of my shields and repaired a building, but it doesn't show that I used it to defend my own town. I don't want to burn through the couple I have left.
  • iain51269522
    778 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I think I have this issue to. I've not tried on a destroyed building yet so I am waiting for a destroyed building to try on then I am giving up on the defend task. EA will prob never fix it.
  • Philter42
    7 posts
    edited August 2014
    I am having the same issue and i can seem to progress in the quest past part 8 because my barbarian homer and muscle homer are locked
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited August 2014
    I could only use it after a shield is present already
  • cripnite
    382 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I also cannot get it to work for defense. Wasted one and left it alone ask figured I was doing something wrong. Hope it's fixed soon.
  • HappyGamer73
    2403 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    The cheater's dice can only be used for defense while you are being attacked or if one or more of your buildings has been destroyed. To use it, tap on the shield with the red die in the upper right corner of the screen. If you are not being attacked, it will tell you so. Otherwise, it will tell you to tap on the screen to use the cheater's die. Tap on the screen, but NOT on a shield - tapping on a shield will just defend the single building as usual. Tapping anywhere else should give a little flash and all of the shields should disappear, along with any invaders. Any buildings that have been destroyed should be rebuilt (although I haven't tested this feature myself). Basically, it's just a way to clear all the attacks at once. Not really worth it IMO, but you need to do it once to clear the quest.

Many people have said that they have used the dice for defense, but it didn't clear the quest. I tried a few times before I realized that I shouldn't be tapping on a shield and then it worked fine.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    The cheater's dice can only be used for defense while you are being attacked or if one or more of your buildings has been destroyed. To use it, tap on the shield with the red die in the upper right corner of the screen. If you are not being attacked, it will tell you so. Otherwise, it will tell you to tap on the screen to use the cheater's die. Tap on the screen, but NOT on a shield - tapping on a shield will just defend the single building as usual. Tapping anywhere else should give a little flash and all of the shields should disappear, along with any invaders. Any buildings that have been destroyed should be rebuilt (although I haven't tested this feature myself). Basically, it's just a way to clear all the attacks at once. Not really worth it IMO, but you need to do it once to clear the quest.

Many people have said that they have used the dice for defense, but it didn't clear the quest. I tried a few times before I realized that I shouldn't be tapping on a shield and then it worked fine.

Thank you!! I'll have to try this.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited August 2014

Thanks for the info!! :thumbup:
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited August 2014
    I've tried it a few times and it's cleared all my shields and fixed my buildings but the quest won't clear, the attack was fine and says done on the quest summary thing but the defend you town thing won't clear for me, and I have the latest update
  • HerrTriggerrz
    166 posts
    edited August 2014
    fluffling wrote:
    I've tried it a few times and it's cleared all my shields and fixed my buildings but the quest won't clear, the attack was fine and says done on the quest summary thing but the defend you town thing won't clear for me, and I have the latest update

~This >

yes I figured out how to use the cheaters die , to defend a attack , and the quest is clearly bugged , on the other hand EA gave me 15 donuts for being one of the early adopters of the new event , so that's my fix , no complaints !
  • tkprae
    248 posts
    edited August 2014
    Is it worth using them to defend in the long run though?

I think the best strategy is to save them up to hit the castles in random towns, since they have huge payoffs compared to anything else.

You're correct but these people need to clear the task to progress in the quest.

HappyGamer73 is right. That's exactly what I did and it cleared it for me. I just tapped on a random spot on the screen and it cleared all the invaders. I thought that's what everyone's been doing, though. If the quest doesn't clear then it's worth reporting.

If they have been clicking on the die then incorrectly on a shield, does it still use up the die? I can see where the confusion comes from, in that case. Sometimes I just tap it because it lets me know if I need to defend. If it says there are no buildings, I know I don't have to go looking for the houses.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I hate this glitch I really hope they fix it soon. No matter how many times I successfully defend my town with the dice it doesn't clear from my task book. Stupid dice! :evil:
  • bortcurlin
    13 posts
    edited August 2014
    fluffling wrote:

~This >

yes I figured out how to use the cheaters die , to defend a attack , and the quest is clearly bugged , on the other hand EA gave me 15 donuts for being one of the early adopters of the new event , so that's my fix , no complaints !

Yup - I see the screen flash and everything is cleared, but I can't clear the task.
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited August 2014
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10150310.page

Also, I have already contacted support, after confirming that it is a known bug, this is what they told me:
    Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts and your understanding.

Please wait for 72 hours for now until our engineer role our a patch in the game.

Please stay tuned and enjoy the game. Thank you again for playing our games and for your ongoing support.

I appreciate your understanding and co-operation in this matter.
  • jeni16
    28 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm having the same issue as well. Hopefully they will fix it soon. I won't waste any more cheaters trying to defend since it's not just me having the problem. I thought maybe I just wasn't doing it right.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.