EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• 1nbxfan
    183 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Does anyone know for sure whether or not blam is useless after getting Takei? I'd like to buy some of the non-essentials I've thus far been passing up on, but I'm afraid something that costs 25,000 blam is going to pop up.

I purchased all the buildings and still have 54,000 blam in reserve that is basically useless unless you want a lot of duplicate buildings. I agree about saving some just in case but, wouldn't worry about buying buildings you want.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Does anyone know for sure whether or not blam is useless after getting Takei? I'd like to buy some of the non-essentials I've thus far been passing up on, but I'm afraid something that costs 25,000 blam is going to pop up.

Well you'll assuredly need some for Quagmire's costume (~3,000-5,000) and I'd say smart money is on at least one more building being offered as well. So yeah, I'd wait.
    Thanks, good call, I was thinking the same thing. To 1nbxfan, I have just over 50,000 left over, but I haven't bought any of the buildings or decorations yet. I'll probably buy a few, and try to make sure I have enough left in reserve for whatever curveball they decide to throw at us next.
  • Indigofabian
    155 posts
    edited August 2014
    Ooh I like the new update. Was temporarily disgruntled that all my pesticides were now useless but TinyCo headed that one off with a pesticide conversion box!
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Fillion is only 250 clams?!?! WIN.

Edit: wow, they've added alot. Quagmire's costume is 10,000 Blam and 30 total drops. New Giant Stewie system too.
  • mtorange
    111 posts
    edited August 2014
    As of this latest update, the minion Stewies seem to be harder to catch, they go off sooner after tapping them than usual. I find it really odd that they made them harder because I've heard enough complaints on how hard it was to catch them originally.
  • HQmer
    81 posts
    edited August 2014
    Tapping a minion now only halts them for a moment instead of a few seconds. Will make it a lot harder to score high numbers of kills with a single shot. I got 6 with the two I just attempted when I was getting 10+ consistently before.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    cool. with clams you get 48 bombs. Just bought Fillion. His first quest may be the greatest thing ever.
  • Oh_hey_bryan
    10 posts
    edited August 2014
    They also added more jobs for Tricia, a 2, 12 and i think a 16 hour job. Finally.
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited August 2014
    I have 2 question.

Where are the chairs for Stan Lee, Felicia Day and Ron Perlman? In the store, before you unlock those three, they are shown standing next to a chair with their initials on the back.

Nathan Fillion and Bryan Cranston, both come with a chair with their initials on the back.

I haven't unlocked George Takei, does he come with a chair?

And I have given up on getting 10 minion Stewie's a couple days ago, they just refuse to congregate near each other and when they do, they someone magically avoid the bomb even though they clearly are in the cloud of pesticide. Best I have done on the last one was 9. Not going to even worry about it. I am at 95K blam so Takei will be mine soon
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I got Nathan Fillion but there's something bothering me:

I think my account was hacked. I logged in and found out I had more clams when I last played.

Either that or TinyCo is being REALLY generous with clams.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    Right, I've just done something I didn't expect to do...

I bought Nathan Fillion, yes, we knew I was going to do that...

BUT, because TinyCo listened and made him only 250 clams, I spent £15 on 700+ clams and bought Bryan Cranston. Yes, I repeat, because of TinyCo being much fairer with the cost of NF, I bought BC. They have been fair, I said I'd do something unexpected if they were fair, and that was it. Not spending anymore cash though, £15 is a lot of money, and luckily I had some spare cash leftover from last month.

Surprised? I know I am :shock: :lol:

• dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    Nitsujdark wrote:
    I have 2 question.

Where are the chairs for Stan Lee, Felicia Day and Ron Perlman? In the store, before you unlock those three, they are shown standing next to a chair with their initials on the back.

Nathan Fillion and Bryan Cranston, both come with a chair with their initials on the back.

I haven't unlocked George Takei, does he come with a chair?

And I have given up on getting 10 minion Stewie's a couple days ago, they just refuse to congregate near each other and when they do, they someone magically avoid the bomb even though they clearly are in the cloud of pesticide. Best I have done on the last one was 9. Not going to even worry about it. I am at 95K blam so Takei will be mine soon

First answer is their chairs are going to be given to us at the end of the event :wink:

As for minion stewies, bloody hell they have made him hard to gather in one place. I like that though, bit of a challenge to it , or faster finger tapping and coordination to the fire button
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Can anyone please explain to me how I ended up with 300 extra clams? It's not in any of my e-mails and TinyCo made no notification about free clams (and I doubt they'd give out THAT much). I was at 192 clams and shot up to over 400 when I opened to the update. I already spent 250 of them on Nathan Fillion.

I don't know if it's because I had to log back into my fb account after getting sent back into the old level two town again and the clam amounts multiplied somehow.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    Can anyone please explain to me how I ended up with 300 extra clams? It's not in any of my e-mails and TinyCo made no notification about free clams (and I doubt they'd give out THAT much). I was at 192 clams and shot up to over 400 when I opened to the update. I already spent 250 of them on Nathan Fillion.

I don't know if it's because I had to log back into my fb account after getting sent back into the old level two town again and the clam amounts multiplied somehow.

Seems unusual, however, there are rewards for completing sets, if you have BC, NF and GT it is a reward of 100 clams

As for the other 200 clams, that's a mystery to me
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited August 2014
    Had enough clams from all the free ones, dont like the fact its clams again but I got:

ON6YLkm.png

I much rather have Fillion then the other premium characters. Plus my girl is jealous since she loves Firefly.

Also unlocked the god himself today:

nWi1O2L.png
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014

they were supposed to come to me, if you could send them my way I'd appreciate it.
  • mtorange
    111 posts
    edited August 2014
    I've been having a TON of crashes since this update hit. I've reinstalled the app, nothing. What can I do to fix the crashing?
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited August 2014
    The giant stewie change looks cool but the harpoon types are a little confusing at first. I also lost 30 - 40 yellow & green spray cans. The free converter didn't give me much back... Oh well, got stan lee finally :)
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    The giant stewie change looks cool but the harpoon types are a little confusing at first. I also lost 30 - 40 yellow & green spray cans. The free converter didn't give me much back... Oh well, got stan lee finally :)

I got 12 of one kind of harpoon... better than nothing. Since I already have Takei there's no real incentive to go for Blam, but I think giant devil stewie gives item drops too. Not sure.
  • 1nbxfan
    183 posts Member
    edited August 2014

I got 12 of one kind of harpoon... better than nothing. Since I already have Takei there's no real incentive to go for Blam, but I think giant devil stewie gives item drops too. Not sure.

Agree, very irritating to have 39 orange and 34 green pesticide and have them turn into next to nothing. I also have noticed a lack of latcher stewies. I have none in my town for the first time since they started. Have lots of batteries and no use at this point. Strange as Quamire's items have a chance to drop from them. Maybe a bug that will be worked out by morning.