EA Forums - Banner

Am I the only one who doesn't like this update?

Replies

• NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited August 2014
    I like the event but the prizes could of been a lot better. Well there is still three unused prize spots in the files and since we have over a month of this event lets hope we can some awesome stuff :)
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited August 2014
    Adamcayce wrote:
    For those of you complaining about your short attention defects of how "bored" you are, I'd like to point you to your channel guide and see what time The Kardashians comes on. You may have more luck with that!

Great idea for the next update! Since they are just incorporating random games, as soon as the Barbarians leave Springfield the next invaders will be the Kardashians. It makes just as much sense as Clash of Clans.
  • jhojnacki248
    203 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    You get it's a free game you don't have to play right? Does anyone care if people dont like the update? Why do people think posting their opinion on the internet is anything but utterly pointless?

I've seen you post your opinion many times on this forum, and it's always whiny, you're worse than the complainers.
  • LAgator77
    73 posts
    edited August 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:
    Adamcayce wrote:
    For those of you complaining about your short attention defects of how "bored" you are, I'd like to point you to your channel guide and see what time The Kardashians comes on. You may have more luck with that!

Great idea for the next update! Since they are just incorporating random games, as soon as the Barbarians leave Springfield the next invaders will be the Kardashians. It makes just as much sense as Clash of Clans.
    Mmmm killing Kardashians... Now you've got my attention! Maybe we'd get Bart's weather balloon with the giant **** on it, at least THAT would tie into the Simpsons.
  • ottobusdude
    107 posts
    edited August 2014
    This event started of on a high, OK attacking 'friends' may not be every ones cup of tea, but after 24 hours it seems to have petered out, I can't raid cos I don't have nerds and I can't get nerds quicker because I can't raid n upgrade :?
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    This update has my stamp of approval. I like everything about it except the people who moan and groan about it :)
  • ZennGlenn
    1782 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    rwvolture wrote:
    This update brought Bender to this game, that's good enough for me
    LAgator77 wrote:
    [quote

Mmmm killing Kardashians... Now you've got my attention! Maybe we'd get Bart's weather balloon with the giant **** on it, at least THAT would tie into the Simpsons. [/quote]

...THAT'S THE SPIRIT :!: :twisted:

(...**** certainly isn't any random game though & is indeed atop game app lists, not to mention quite visible on TV ads)
  • thatdonald845
    1606 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Eco Lisa's 24h outdoor task has inspired me to go bananas on her castle design. No more playing sax for 4h for her! I'll add a pic once I'm done*. Glad I have so many spare Valentines heart balloons and Stonecutters slides! :P

* on October 8th so it isn't a spoiler.
  • vanettoonl726
    229 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm also on the fence about this event. It has some fun features but, as others have said, the prizes aren't that awesome and I'm not sure how much of this stuff will have any place in my SF once the event is over. I'm not even convinced, so far anyway, that I can cobble this stuff together to make a Renaissance Fair after it's over. I also suspect the constant attacking with nerds and defending my houses will get tedious long before October 7.

I agree with the comment that the last really great, perfect ten event was Christmas. Since then, there hasn't been a single event where the prizes offered were loaded with must-have awesome stuff that belongs in SF year-round (Stonecutters was one other true success since Christmas, except for the mediocre prizes they gave for it).

One thing EA might have thought more about: this is a SIMPSONS game. The Venn diagram of the people who love The Simpsons and the people who love Medieval war games has some overlap but not total overlap. Just something to consider for the next event.
  • Twkoenig
    246 posts
    edited August 2014
    I understand where you are coming from. I personally do play Clash, so this update is quite fun for me. But I play a variety of games and Tapped Out is not where I normally go to for wars and battles. So even though I am enjoying this update, I'm not sure what they are trying to do and understand why many players are not happy with it. There are plenty of freemium games out there for anyone to play what they want already.
  • ryandelpo
    96 posts
    edited August 2014
    It's just weird and doesn't feel too... Simpsonly...
  • prixton1
    270 posts
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for all the responses, it really is interesting to hear everyone's opinions.
    patzmcm wrote:
    @Prixton: Please post here what you'd like your friends to do. Attack your town? Ignore it? Whatever.
    Yes - would like to know also. I am not trying to complete, so will play however you want. (Feel free to attack my town, should you wander into neighbors' towns).

I'm sorry, friends, I suppose I should've addressed you directly. I'll continue to play daily and visit you regularly (probably visiting all friends on a 48-72 hour schedule, after all there are donuts to be had!). Please feel free to do whatever you want; attack me...hmm I dunno, whatever you want really. Alls fair in simpsons (for the most part). If you want me to attack you (or not) let me know. Like I said I won't be doing a lot of it, but I'll be doing a bit (just because it's here and they keep giving me 10 nerds every time I log in so why not). If you want to unfriend me because I'm not being active enough in this event I would understand. I've unfriended folks who didn't log in for several days at a time, so... Well, I'd be sad to lose friends who are forum regulars, but, I would understand.
  • shelton540
    173 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    You get it's a free game you don't have to play right? Does anyone care if people dont like the update? Why do people think posting their opinion on the internet is anything but utterly pointless?

I care. I thought it was a totally reasonable approach. That's the purpose of a forum. According to the "it's free!" Line of thinking, no one could ever intelligently exchange ideas. I happen to like the event more than he does, but I certainly am not prepared to shout him down.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited August 2014
    ZennGlenn wrote:

(...**** certainly isn't any random game though & is indeed atop game app lists, not to mention quite visible on TV ads)

Well it's random in that it really has nothing to do with the Simpsons
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I like the event. It's something a bit different. I don't tend to watch the show so I don't mind if they ad stuff unrelated to the show.

The downside is that to properly build out the castles, I'm going to need to get more land. I like to keep my Springfield as small as I can. I keep a lot of stuff in storage to facilitate that, but I'll probably keep the castles out.
  • Shiatan1978
    5 posts
    edited August 2014
    The thing i dont like about it is that you cant use your normal friendship visits on houses. they should have it set where when you go to a town, it lets you use your friend visits first, then switches to attack mode or a button that switches between the two.
  • mikepellerin60
    492 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I like the event. I could have sworn that in at least one episode, or maybe more, the Simpsons attended a Renaissance Faire.

I also like that, with friends, you have the ability to attack, just tap, or both. I just wish it were easier to get those D20's though! :)
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I guess the easiest way to say it is that no matter what you do, you can't make everyone happy. Maybe you'll like the next one better. :)
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    While I can see that it has not much to do with the show, and that it can be a grind, there is practically nothing that requires donuts, which is a nice break from being constantly gouged every event. And if you don't find the prizes appealing, then there is really no reason to grind so hard, now is there?

Personally I am looking for ways to incorporate the castle stuff into aspects of the show. I've come up with some pretty good ideas if I do say so myself. I will elaborate on those in my SF guide thread in the beginning of September.
  • prixton1
    270 posts
    edited August 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    And if you don't find the prizes appealing, then there is really no reason to grind so hard, now is there?

I guess a point I didn't really make in my original post is that it feels like, since the Stonecutters event, I've just been waiting for something worth playing this game for. The krustyland update was a let down, for me. I don't even know who that princess character is (although apparently she was in the actual show). And krustyland itself is...sigh, I feel like it had potential to be good but there's not enough rides, and no visual tasks. Anyway, I'm veering from my point too much: Many people had been complaining over the last several weeks about the lack of new content. I think (for the most part at least) I "held my tongue" on that issue. I had faith that my loyal patience and day to day grinding would be rewarded with something relevant, something worthwhile, something maybe even worth spending donuts on. This event, for me, is not what I was waiting for.

I am glad some people are enjoying it. I don't want the whole game to just fall apart, and it's important that people continue to play for ea to continue adding new content. I just really hope that the next update/event/whatever is something that I, and other loyal simpsons fans who are not enthused with this event, can enjoy.

Edit to add:
    I like the event. I could have sworn that in at least one episode, or maybe more, the Simpsons attended a Renaissance Faire.

Yes, I remember the episode where Lisa's fortune is told quite well (by a fortune teller who specializes in revealing the relationships where you get jerked around). It was a funny episode, and I would've gladly welcomed it's content, such as the fortune teller herself, or a wiggum skin (he had on funny period garb I believe), and skins for Lisa (as future Lisa), or the character Hugh (and his parents!), a "modern" airplane (with five wings was it?), even an esquilax would've been nice. This isn't really a renaissance fair type event, it is just a mash up between simpsons and clash of clans.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.