EA Forums - Banner

Cheaters 20

Prev1
The cheater 20 is a lot like the Halloween ghost zapper. When you want to defend your town you can tap the die and then the screen. This will clear all shields and damage done in one rap rather than individually tapping the shield clear.

When you attack, you can use the cheater to immediately destroy a building and gain max gold and elixir.

Replies

  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    cpodraza wrote:
    The cheater 20 is a lot like the Halloween ghost zapper. When you want to defend your town you can tap the die and then the screen. This will clear all shields and damage done in one rap rather than individually tapping the shield clear.

    When you attack, you can use the cheater to immediately destroy a building and gain max gold and elixir.

    How do u know when u are attacked? Do u use it when u see the people attack your building or is it when u see the shield hovering above your building?
  • heatherbea444
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I asked in another thread about this and they told me to wait until I see a shield on a building, and I did that and used a cheater and it just cleaned up my town and didn't "defend" it. I've also waited until I had someone attacking my castle and used one then and it did nothing. I can't complete the defense part of that quest and I feel so stupid, lol.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I asked in another thread about this and they told me to wait until I see a shield on a building, and I did that and used a cheater and it just cleaned up my town and didn't "defend" it. I've also waited until I had someone attacking my castle and used one then and it did nothing. I can't complete the defense part of that quest and I feel so stupid, lol.

    Lol u and me both then. This is one event I have trouble figuring out... :?
  • phi_beast
    18 posts
    edited August 2014
    Vs1976 wrote:
    I asked in another thread about this and they told me to wait until I see a shield on a building, and I did that and used a cheater and it just cleaned up my town and didn't "defend" it. I've also waited until I had someone attacking my castle and used one then and it did nothing. I can't complete the defense part of that quest and I feel so stupid, lol.

    Lol u and me both then. This is one event I have trouble figuring out... :?

    At least there's comfort knowing I'm not alone. I've pissed away 2 now trying to defend and it won't give me credit and let me pass the quest.
  • JC10001
    5 posts
    edited August 2014
    I'm in the same boat. I've used 3 of them and I've yet to get credit for defending.
  • heatherbea444
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    There's another thread here that said it's a glitch and to wait 72 hours so hopefully that helps :)
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited August 2014
    I wasted my first one. Realised after I fired it that you need enemy attacked buildings. Think I may just use them for attack...
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    As already mentioned, this seems to be a glitch for some people. I had a few buildings under attack in my town. I tapped the Cheater icon at the top corner. It then told me to tap the screen. I did and the task completed. It might be worthwhile to contact customer service to see if they'll give you your lost dice back.

    Once you've completed the quest, I wouldn't recommend using the dice for defense unless you're willing to pay for convenience. The only thing they do is save the time of tapping each separate attacked building.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm still confused. My castle was under attack (there was a shield icon also). When I go to tap my dice, the troop walks away and the dice clears the shield and gives me some small elixer plus coins. I still haven't clear the defense stage. What I'm i doing wrong?
  • philiweiss
    378 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    cpodraza wrote:
    The cheater 20 is a lot like the Halloween ghost zapper. When you want to defend your town you can tap the die and then the screen. This will clear all shields and damage done in one rap rather than individually tapping the shield clear.

    When you attack, you can use the cheater to immediately destroy a building and gain max gold and elixir.

    NOW I understand this! Thank you very much. So I can spare the dice for attacks.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Okay, I finally figure out how to defend. I couldn't figure out why some of the cheater dice was locked in the inventory box until I did this...

    When you see your building being attacked, go to your inventory and open up the cheater 20 dice. Tap the use button once. You will clear the defend task.

  • Jackenklau
    53 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Vs1976 wrote:
    Okay, I finally figure out how to defend. I couldn't figure out why some of the cheater dice was locked in the inventory box until I did this...

    When you see your building being attacked, go to your inventory and open up the cheater 20 dice. Tap the use button once. You will clear the defend task.

    Tried - did not work for me. Now all my stones are gone. :cry:
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Jackenklau wrote:
    Vs1976 wrote:
    Okay, I finally figure out how to defend. I couldn't figure out why some of the cheater dice was locked in the inventory box until I did this...

    When you see your building being attacked, go to your inventory and open up the cheater 20 dice. Tap the use button once. You will clear the defend task.

    Tried - did not work for me. Now all my stones are gone. :cry:

    From your inventory box where u have to scroll to get to cheater dice? You can't touch anything on your town or buildings. Once you see the nerds attacking your building, go directly to your inventory and touch use on the cheater dice. Your screen will flash once and it will defend and clear everything on the screen.

    I just tried it again and it works....


    You will get more dice soon

  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Vs1976 wrote:
    Jackenklau wrote:
    Vs1976 wrote:
    Okay, I finally figure out how to defend. I couldn't figure out why some of the cheater dice was locked in the inventory box until I did this...

    When you see your building being attacked, go to your inventory and open up the cheater 20 dice. Tap the use button once. You will clear the defend task.

    Tried - did not work for me. Now all my stones are gone. :cry:

    From your inventory box where u have to scroll to get to cheater dice? You can't touch anything on your town or buildings. Once you see the nerds attacking your building, go directly to your inventory and touch use on the cheater dice. Your screen will flash once and it will defend and clear everything on the screen.

    I just tried it again and it works....


    You will get more dice soon

    When/how do we get more dice? So far I only got one from a random drop by defending a house and also the 5 or so that everyone gets for free. Are there any other methods?
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I got 5-6 cheaters 20 today, from tapping my town.

    I reckon the best way to use cheaters 20 is not to waste it on defense, but to use it on random players' castles ... Since it's guaranteed win, u collect 140 elixir + 50 gold cons for each cheater used.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited August 2014
    I've dropped only one d20 in 3 days of shield cleaning, even easter baskets were more common.
  • edited August 2014
    I wasted all mine trying to finish the destroy and defend quest but the defense didnt work :(
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    so using it to defend is a total waste, right?
  • angeladevil1979
    73 posts
    edited August 2014
    Vs1976 wrote:
    I asked in another thread about this and they told me to wait until I see a shield on a building, and I did that and used a cheater and it just cleaned up my town and didn't "defend" it. I've also waited until I had someone attacking my castle and used one then and it did nothing. I can't complete the defense part of that quest and I feel so stupid, lol.

    Lol u and me both then. This is one event I have trouble figuring out... :?

    You and me also!
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited August 2014
    I've tried using the cheaters 20 from inventory and I've tried them from the in-game icon. Neither action completed the "defend town" job, so I'm simply stuck on it. Hopefully this doesn't prevent anything more critical from getting triggered.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.