EA Forums - Banner

San Fran earthquake

Good luck to everyone. Hope you are all allright.

Replies

• jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Yikes! Glad to hear you're ok. Hope all of your friends and family are as well. :)
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited August 2014
    No real life friends or family here. We were vacationing. But I thought there might be some from the boards out that way.
  • annettemarc
    7745 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm way south of there ... Los Angeles county. We have earthquakes all the time, but so small we don't even feel them. (According to earthquaketrack we've had 11 in the past week, 50 in the past month, etc. Etc. And an occasional biggie ... Every few decades.

Was yours a jolt or a roll? Sometimes they start with a jolt and the roll around for a few minutes, but sometimes they're a series of jolts ... Looks like according to the site, you've had a lot of little ones since that huge wakeup call at 3:30 am.

A 6.0 is SCARY. You're about 40 miles from the epicenter, but it looks like there are some power outages up in San Francisco... Are you doing okay?

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • moelleb
    30 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm about 30-45 min from the epicenter in American Canyon (which is near Napa). There was definitely a lot of shaking, and a few decorations fell, but everything else was okay for me. I have family that lives about 10-15 min away from the center. They do have broken windows, but luckily no one was hurt.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm glad I wasn't there! Anyway, I hope everyone's fine! :mrgreen:
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited August 2014
    Ours started with jolting. Kinda scary that early. Some broken dishes and a few pics fell. No one hurt.
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope everyone are okay!

Lucky for me, I live in Finland: no volcanos, earthquakes or tsunamis. :/
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!