EA Forums - Banner

I'm sorry, this update is awful

2Next

Replies

• jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited August 2014
    jmcwaffles wrote:
    I have to admit I am enjoying this update. I kind of liked not knowing what was going on at first and having to figure stuff out. Also its great to not have to spend donuts just to enjoy the event. I want to save all I have for Halloween :)

When did we have to spend donuts on other events?
  • anonSimpson
    363 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    crosby357 wrote:
    Now we have a update whitout spending donuts and yet people dont like it... :roll:
    Literally every single event besides Easter could be easily completed without using donuts if you worked hard enough.

I interpreted this as there not really being any buildings/characters that you can only get during the event by spending donuts (like the Abandoned Store or All Seeing Eye during Stonecutters or George Washington/Abe Lincoln during 4th of July).

Besides the chicken coop, everything premium can be gotten for free. It's just stuff to either speed up the game (like buying cheaters or elixir) or to expand beyond the free stuff given (more castle walls, etc).

EDIT: Just noticed L_B_123XD said basically the same thing two posts above
  • ZennGlenn
    1781 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    rolybert7 wrote:
    Bart and Lisa did actually build a cardboard castle in one episode!!

Yup yup, albeit small, there are at least a couple episode / specials / Halloween skit references you can actually draw from...

I continue to find it quite fun & continued addictive... dig seeing Simpson characters playing out medieval mayhem, which plays nicely into Fall flavor & ultimately October Halloween festivities 8)
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm enjoying the event so far. Wish there were more ways to earn gold. I like the random neighbor element also. It's fun seeing what others are doing in their towns.
  • oikledavid783
    76 posts
    edited August 2014
    I'm enjoying this event quite a bit. It's fun and keeping me busy. I love all of the events. As long as the events keep coming I'm going to love them.
  • Twkoenig
    246 posts
    edited August 2014
    This event is definitely different than others, but I like it. It gives us a ton to do while we wait for future updates even if you don't like it. But I guess you can't make everyone happy all the time.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited August 2014
    It's beginning to grow on me just because I'm happy to have something to do and the quest dialogue is pretty funny. But for me the prizes are pretty unexciting. 2 of the 10 aren't even real prizes, they are just tools to use during the quest. I guess I'll see how I feel in another week, since this thing is going to be around for a long time.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm really sorry you don't like this update. Maybe if you play it more it will grow on you. Maybe it won't. I dint know you. Happy tapping.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Now we have a update whitout spending donuts and yet people dont like it... :roll:

Why should people like the event because it's free?

Not the point bro, and i like all updates exept eas*** :evil:
    Just happy i can save up till next event.

@jraffa50

There are people that on perpise understand or just love to misunderstand what others say, i dont say have to spend donuts i only speak fore myself caus i was not so lucky in eas***

Chill i was comparing between events nothing more :wink:
  • megpag
    24 posts
    edited August 2014
    I'll be honest, I don't love it. I've been watching the FXX EverySimpsonsEver marathon non-stop and there are so many things and characters that are actually show related that I would enjoy more. My town is maxed out basically and these huge castles just don't fit in. It's seems unnecessarily complicated too.

I am playing though, because I can't help myself. I started a second Springfield about a week ago for funsies and it's a tough event for someone who is also brand new.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited August 2014

@jraffa50

There are people that on perpise understand or just love to misunderstand what others say, i dont say have to spend donuts i only speak fore myself caus i was not so lucky in eas***

Chill i was comparing between events nothing more :wink:

I wasn't quoting you. The person I quoted said it was nice to not have to spend donuts. I guess I don't understand what anyone had to spend donuts on. Maybe people are happy because this event doesn't have anything to spend them on? I'm not sure if that's a good thing because that means there aren't any cool items.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    the update is fun but i dunno what will happen with these castles and junk...they might just end up in storage after the event
  • avg_joe_c
    67 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    jmcwaffles wrote:
    I have to admit I am enjoying this update. I kind of liked not knowing what was going on at first and having to figure stuff out. Also its great to not have to spend donuts just to enjoy the event. I want to save all I have for Halloween :)

I concur. It has been fun trying to figure out and strategize.

Honestly, there isn't that much to the update when you look at all the items and prizes. It is one new character, a set of skins for the Simpsons family, and three castles and some related accessories. But I am still having fun playing it.

The great thing about this game is that there can be lots of different events and there never has to be a point where they are just done. I don't mind them taking chances on something different. As long as there is no repeat of Easter boxes. :lol:
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Can't please everyone I guess...there are those that didn't like the Stonecutter event and I'd venture to say the general consensus was that it was fun.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I do sympathize with the amount this game crashes on android. Whenever it gets frustrating, I switch to my old itouch. I've only recently switched to android, and I can't say that this has been a problem with any other game I've played. I can't even sugarcoat it. It is pretty ridiculous.... Unacceptable, really. :?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.