EA Forums - Banner

[DISCUSS + FAQ] Clash of Clones

Replies

• DaNgerSteVe
    212 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    How you get more coins? I feel like I'm falling behind.
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2014

Play more or pay more to get more nerds and upgrade castles.

Don't spend elixir on anything but castle upgrades until the end.

If you can play every two hours or you could buy more nerds.

Use dice only on attacking random towns' castles.

Strategies I've seen are use nerds to mostly attack neighbors and hopefully they reciprocate, only attack random towns and hope for the best or a combination of both.

I'm doing pretty well using the latter strategy. I visit every neighbor attacking 2-5 building each. Most attack back and I defend their attacks. Any left over nerds I attack random towns.

See the OP's 1st post for the breakdown how each attack/defend pays out.

Sorry I don't have any easy tricks. If someone does please post it.

• Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Does anyone know what the landing zone building order is for a neighbor's or random town?

If the castles are under attack you get placed at certain house based on which types are under attack or completely destroyed. I had saw a list somewhere but can't find it.

Castle, castle, castle, something, something, etc.

I couldn't find anything either, so we might need to figure out this one by ourselves, correct me if I'm mistaken anyone, but I seem to land like this :
    Barbarian Castle
    Recycle Castle
    Cardboard Castle
    Flanders House
    Blue House
    Pink House
    White House
    Orange House
    Brown House
    Specific houses (Pumpkin etc.)

If you land on the destroyed Barbarian castle, this means there's nothing left to tap (so don't bother searching).

Every Saturday at approximately 2 PM (EST), which is 7PM (UK), 8PM (France) your nerds get replenished to their max. So try to empty your troops just before, as the rest of those nerds will otherwise go to waste.

Gold chart (source TSTO Friends) :

Simpsonsgold.jpg

EDIT : FAQ has been updated as well!

• saijake
    91 posts
    edited August 2014

Me too... I started the event immediately when it came available and I've been grinding like crazy. Still, I feel like I'm not succeeding. :?
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Did you have a look at the chart above Sajijake? I'm playing normally (not tapping like crazy) and I'm at least 2 days in advance, so it seems to me the goal should really be reachable?
  • hussey8787
    10 posts
    edited August 2014
    Can you earn extra cheaters, had 0 since last week then opened game and had one waiting for me to use and I didn't buy it.
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    hussey8787 wrote:
    Can you earn extra cheaters, had 0 since last week then opened game and had one waiting for me to use and I didn't buy it.

As you can see in the FAQ (first post of this topic) you have a 2% chance of earning one when you defend a house/castle. Otherwise you need to buy them for donuts.
  • saijake
    91 posts
    edited August 2014
    Pokelon wrote:
    Did you have a look at the chart above Sajijake? I'm playing normally (not tapping like crazy) and I'm at least 2 days in advance, so it seems to me the goal should really be reachable?

According to the chart it seems that I'm three days behind. Well, today I got some new neighbours who hopefully will be active like you and help me reach the goal :)
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    That's good news! I will continue to attack you as much as I can! :D
  • GamerPerfection
    208 posts
    edited August 2014
    According to the chart i'm 4 days ahead... woot!
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    According to the chart i'm 4 days ahead... woot!

Good Game!
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Pokelon wrote:
    Does anyone know what the landing zone building order is for a neighbor's or random town?

If the castles are under attack you get placed at certain house based on which types are under attack or completely destroyed. I had saw a list somewhere but can't find it.

Castle, castle, castle, something, something, etc.

I couldn't find anything either, so we might need to figure out this one by ourselves, correct me if I'm mistaken anyone, but I seem to land like this :
    Barbarian Castle
    Recycle Castle
    Cardboard Castle
    Flanders House
    Blue House
    Pink House
    White House
    Orange House
    Brown House
    Specific houses (Pumpkin etc.)

If you land on the destroyed Barbarian castle, this means there's nothing left to tap (so don't bother searching).

Every Saturday at approximately 2 PM (EST), which is 7PM (UK), 8PM (France) your nerds get replenished to their max. So try to empty your troops just before, as the rest of those nerds will otherwise go to waste.

EDIT : FAQ has been updated as well!

Big thanks!
    :thumbup:
  • dtpavey
    52 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I kept getting a message to upgrade my Barbarian Homer. It sails level two is great but level three is better. Level three is great but level four is better. I kept upgrading not realizing it was taking my gold to do it. I was close to getting Marge prize and now I'm back at 2500 gold. Is it worth upgrading Barbarian Homer or is it better to use gold for prizes?
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    dtpavey wrote:
    I kept getting a message to upgrade my Barbarian Homer. It sails level two is great but level three is better. Level three is great but level four is better. I kept upgrading not realizing it was taking my gold to do it. I was close to getting Marge prize and now I'm back at 2500 gold. Is it worth upgrading Barbarian Homer or is it better to use gold for prizes?

Don't upgrade him, Bart or Lisa if it is taking your gold.

It shouldn't be taking your gold and you must have a glitch. For most the gold amount remains the same after the upgrade. All I believe the upgrade does is add a coin or two that character's tasks.

You are not the 1st post I've seen with people complaining about the same problem. I'd contact EA and maybe they can restore your gold.
  • jessham7
    3 posts
    edited August 2014
    Could someone please explain to me why all my decorations are locked? How can I unlock them? Also getting set tasks for barbarian homer which our locked? HELP!
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    jessham7 wrote:
    Could someone please explain to me why all my decorations are locked? How can I unlock them? Also getting set tasks for barbarian homer which our locked? HELP!

Quest based. Read the FAQ in the OP's 1st post.
  • WickedProg
    12 posts
    edited August 2014
    Something wrong with my assumptions/math?

Under the assumption that I will always get caught and my attempt to raid will be foiled, the best I can hope for from a random attack house is 5 Elixir and 1 Gold - correct?

If I win a random house attack, I get 70 Elixir and 25 Gold
    Random House													
    Nerds	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9				
    Hours	9	8	7	6	5	4	3	2	1				
    Payouts:
    Elixir	5	10	15	20	25	30	35	40	45		70		
    Gold	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9		25

So if I send out 9 Nerds to one Random House, I have a 60 minute window to hope that I do not get defended or cheated and win a more than if I just sent used 1 nerd on 9 random houses.

Granted there is the risk that the Springfield will defend and I loose out on a lot.

Risk worth the reward?

Thoughts?

-wp
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    WickedProg wrote:

Under the assumption that I will always get caught and my attempt to raid will be foiled, the best I can hope for from a random attack house is 5 Elixir and 1 Gold - correct?

Random House													
    Nerds	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9				
    Hours	9	8	7	6	5	4	3	2	1				
    Payouts:

So if I send out 9 Nerds to one Random House, I have a 60 minute window to hope that I do not get defended or cheated and win a more than if I just sent used 1 nerd on 9 random houses.

Granted there is the risk that the Springfield will defend and I loose out on a lot.

Risk worth the reward?

Thoughts?

-wp

It will get harder and harder to win attacks. So I play defense, and assume my attacks will fail. I spread those nerds short and wide. I have 30 neighbors that reciprocate attacks. I have plenty of nerds to give each neighbor 5 attacks, and then I go for the random attacks.

[Edit: Typo]
  • chko87
    8 posts
    edited August 2014
    WickedProg wrote:

Random House													
    Nerds	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9				
    Hours	9	8	7	6	5	4	3	2	1				
    Payouts:

Risk worth the reward?

Thoughts?

-wp

The key is to not defend any attacks so that everyone gets 70 elixir and 25 good per attack. This is what I do:

Find stranger springfields that have tons of brown houses, pink houses, blue houses, or whatever. They are purposely there for people to attack and will not be defended. (Some are there to bait you, but 90% of the time they are not defended.) Then send one nerd only to attack houses, for a total of 5 houses per Springfield. Basically, if you have 40 nerds you will be attacking 40 houses.

I get 40 nerds every 2 hours, so every 2 hours (after the initial 10 hour wait from the first set of nerds) I receive:

70 elixir x 5 houses x 8 springfields = 2800 elixir
    25 gold x 5 houses x 8 springfields = 1000 gold

Of course I don't always check back every 2 hours, but if you play a lot you can get over 10k elixir and over 5k gold in one day. The key is to not defend attacks so that everyone gets 70 elixir and 25 gold. Don't attack castles with nerds because people will defend it in order to collect nerds. Use dice to attack castles.

• socialjoy
    19 posts
    edited August 2014
    I've tried several strategies and this one has worked the best, by far: Attack random, 1 nerd per house/castle, 3 attacks per Springfield. Use Cheater dice only on random castles. I'm getting thousands of elixir per day, I have almost 12k gold. This is not the strategy I thought would work best but it really has.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.