EA Forums - Banner

true way to get insane amounts of elixir and gold

Replies

• rogue13ea
    11 posts
    edited August 2014
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    I just don't see the merit in this idea.

If you logged in once after 12hrs, you might get say 3000 elixor and 1500 gold.

Or, you could log in 6 times during the 12hrs, and each time get 500 elixor and 300 gold... Same total after 12hrs except with the log ins every 2hrs you can earn extra from defending your town, and getting another horde of nerds to send out every 2hrs.

how are you getting that much elixir people are now getting 2 elixir and 1 gold per failed nerd attempt show me a screen shot of your payout after 6 hours

This was after 8 hours for sleep this morning, after using the one nerd per random town method all day yesterday.

HaqWnRq.jpg?1

And I've earned about 3k more gold throughout the day logging in regularly, with hoards of nerds out doing their thing ready to give me another big chunk tomorrow morning.

Very impressive - lets just do the maths here though:

130 nerds maximum (3 castles at level 20+) at 140 elixir per castle maximum reward.

That means 18200 elixir is the maximum possible reward from a single attack run.

To get just under 16k elixir means 1 nerd per castle (11 hours+ attack time) and around 80% successful (undefended) attacks. Possible? Sure, Statistically likely? Hell No. you either got extremely lucky, exploited this bug the OP seems to claim exists (not logging back in until all your attacks have cleared) or dropped a bunch of cheater 20s without going back to town to collect until your regular attacks completed.

If 1 - congrats on a lucky score, if 2 - congrats on exploiting a bug, and if 3 - congrats on your bragging.

For everyone else, play as often as you can while awake, in particular defending your town for the chance to collect cheater 20s, then try 1 nerd per house/castle/town overnight and enjoy whatever haul you get the next morning, if you can leave it until the timers clear then come back and let us know if you scored more than you expected.
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I was wondering- to the people that spread out the nerds to random towns. Do you ONLY attack one castle per town or will you attack one house as well. I'm curious to try this strategy and I'm thinking searching for castles is the better way to go, right?
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    chrisgyo wrote:
    fact: by using basic statistics you can easily see that it makes no difference whether you allocate 1 nerd to a town or 5 nerds to a town

come on you guys! maths :?

It seems you're the one needing more lessons lol. 2 nerds at 2 buildings in 1 town means 50% chance of getting lowest reward( being defended). But if you send 1 nerd to a building in town A and other nerd to town B you'll have 25 % of having lowest reward. (Them defending both). So it continues with using more nerds.

:? erm, no

let's assume that 20% of towns don't get defended
    - Option A - visit 50 towns and put 1 nerd in each town = 10 nerds successful (20% of 50 towns)
    - Option B - visit 10 towns and put 5 nerds in each town = 10 nerds successful (20% of 10 towns)

then you're just guessing about % towns being defended. That's like saying 40% of births are boys while statisticly the chance is 50%. Same thing here: the town is getting defended or not so chance is 50% is as well...

lol :lol: come back to this topic when you learn something about probability in year 6
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    chrisgyo is correct that the probabilities are equal whether sending 1 or 5 nerds per random town. The advantage to sending one is that you are likely to send more nerds to castles, which will in turn result in a higher payout.

ETA - however, by sending one nerd instead of five, you also decrease the chance of outliers, which should make the results more predictable.
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Here's what I do - I only attack random castles.. I log in regularly, defend my land and send all my nerds out (minus about 10 that I use whenever to get revenge).. Throughout the day since I am logging in every 1-2 hours I will win various amounts of elixir some have been as low as 2, other times it has been as much as ~1200.. At night when I am getting ready for bed I will send out all my nerds, again one per castle to randoms.. When I wake up I have at or above 6000 elixir to collect. All of my castles are +level 14 currently.. I am currently generating something around the 75 nerds for every 2 hours.

This method has worked extremely well for me

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    chrisgyo is correct that the probabilities are equal whether sending 1 or 5 nerds per random town. The advantage to sending one is that you are likely to send more nerds to castles, which will in turn result in a higher payout.

ETA - however, by sending one nerd instead of five, you also decrease the chance of outliers, which should make the results more predictable.

And by sending one per town you minimize things like the random town owner having the visit friend bug that clears shields/destroyed buildings or visit KL that clears shields/destroy buildings or any other thing that might prevent your payout.
  • Alexanderke4
    63 posts
    edited August 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    chrisgyo wrote:
    chrisgyo wrote:
    fact: by using basic statistics you can easily see that it makes no difference whether you allocate 1 nerd to a town or 5 nerds to a town

come on you guys! maths :?

It seems you're the one needing more lessons lol. 2 nerds at 2 buildings in 1 town means 50% chance of getting lowest reward( being defended). But if you send 1 nerd to a building in town A and other nerd to town B you'll have 25 % of having lowest reward. (Them defending both). So it continues with using more nerds.

:? erm, no

let's assume that 20% of towns don't get defended
    - Option A - visit 50 towns and put 1 nerd in each town = 10 nerds successful (20% of 50 towns)
    - Option B - visit 10 towns and put 5 nerds in each town = 10 nerds successful (20% of 10 towns)

then you're just guessing about % towns being defended. That's like saying 40% of births are boys while statisticly the chance is 50%. Same thing here: the town is getting defended or not so chance is 50% is as well...

lol :lol: come back to this topic when you learn something about probability in year 6
    graduated already from university so nty. You're maths aren't wrong. Your way of thinking is.In option a 40 people are online to defend and at option b only 8 people are needed for Same results. Chance that all those 40 people come online is way smaller then just 8 so you'll gather more wins at option a.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    rolybert7 wrote:
    Quick and easy way to test this! Will only work if you have a feeder town! Send enough nerds to attack a feeder house and make it enough for 1 hour defeat. As soon as you do this go to the feeder town and defend house immediately. Wait one hour and go back to primary. If it works you will have the full payout for that house. Rinse and repeat!!
    It does work I just tried and got 18 elixer and 8 gold from a 1 hour attack that was defended right away.(feeder town) If it was a random house it would have been more.

So if you do this and just attack castles randomly every 12 hours you can get 7000 gold and 21000 elixir every day. Not as much fun as playing all the time :-) But it is a good way to catch up if you are way behind!!

For the math freaks that is 70 nerds attacking 70 random 12 hour castles. (1 nerd per attack) Higher defended castles will cost more nerds per attack!

Add to that what you will get when you defend and rebuild every 12 hours!
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks OP. And thanks to all those who verified. This explains a lot. :lol:
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    I was wondering- to the people that spread out the nerds to random towns. Do you ONLY attack one castle per town or will you attack one house as well. I'm curious to try this strategy and I'm thinking searching for castles is the better way to go, right?

I vary. Sometimes I send more than one nerd per town. I attack a mix of castles and houses. Going for castles only and only one nerd per town takes more time. I've only got two more prizes to go, so I'm not worried about maximizing.
  • tpacman97
    13 posts
    edited August 2014
    I think the biggest factor in determining how much production you get from attacking really just depends on how often you are able to log in. More nerds produced = more attacks = more gold and elixir. Don't think there's really anything else to it. I send out my nerds before going to bed and I normally get around 7500 elixir per night (probably production from 2-3 sets of nerds).

What's worked for me is the placement of my castles and Flanders house. Every time I log in (every 2-3 hours), it seems I'm being attacked like crazy. I think this is because my castles and Flanders house are placed in a nice convenient location where random attackers can hit other buildings easily without scrolling through my town. It's a real time saver. I do the same thing. I attack everything that's already on the screen. If there's only one castle to attack, that's all I do. I don't bother scrolling around looking for stuff. Time's valuable. And to show how well this has worked for me, I started this event Wednesday morning. I now have 35,000+ gold coins.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    tpacman97 wrote:
    I think the biggest factor in determining how much production you get from attacking really just depends on how often you are able to log in. More nerds produced = more attacks = more gold and elixir. Don't think there's really anything else to it. I send out my nerds before going to bed and I normally get around 7500 elixir per night (probably production from 2-3 sets of nerds).

What's worked for me is the placement of my castles and Flanders house. Every time I log in (every 2-3 hours), it seems I'm being attacked like crazy. I think this is because my castles and Flanders house are placed in a nice convenient location where random attackers can hit other buildings easily without scrolling through my town. It's a real time saver. I do the same thing. I attack everything that's already on the screen. If there's only one castle to attack, that's all I do. I don't bother scrolling around looking for stuff. Time's valuable. And to show how well this has worked for me, I started this event Wednesday morning. I now have 35,000+ gold coins.

I did exactly this with Flanders. Flanders house by the castles and plenty of houses right there too.
    Whether people are playing defense or let the building die, this makes it faster for all. Just keep Flanders house clear. The poor guy needed a break anyway. :lol:

• furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    So instead of getting small rewards notices, you get one lump sum. Yes, the longer you're away the larger the reward.

My practice, after reading in a thread, has been to send 1 nerd for each attack. This has done extremely for me.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    So instead of getting small rewards notices, you get one lump sum. Yes, the longer you're away the larger the reward.

My practice, after reading in a thread, has been to send 1 nerd for each attack. This has done extremely for me.

It's better than that. Under very strict conditions, attack losses are counted as attack wins!
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Level 12 castles. Almost 26,000 gold. My strategy has been 5 nerds per random attack, 1 per building (sorry neighborinos). I always set a batch off before my local bed time and seems to get a good return in the morning, but I have not properly mapped it so it could be geo based, or luck of the draw.

Somebody has way too much freetime on their hands! XD
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Anybody tested this again after the update?
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    rogue13ea wrote:
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    I just don't see the merit in this idea.

If you logged in once after 12hrs, you might get say 3000 elixor and 1500 gold.

Or, you could log in 6 times during the 12hrs, and each time get 500 elixor and 300 gold... Same total after 12hrs except with the log ins every 2hrs you can earn extra from defending your town, and getting another horde of nerds to send out every 2hrs.

how are you getting that much elixir people are now getting 2 elixir and 1 gold per failed nerd attempt show me a screen shot of your payout after 6 hours

This was after 8 hours for sleep this morning, after using the one nerd per random town method all day yesterday.

HaqWnRq.jpg?1

And I've earned about 3k more gold throughout the day logging in regularly, with hoards of nerds out doing their thing ready to give me another big chunk tomorrow morning.

Very impressive - lets just do the maths here though:

130 nerds maximum (3 castles at level 20+) at 140 elixir per castle maximum reward.

That means 18200 elixir is the maximum possible reward from a single attack run.

To get just under 16k elixir means 1 nerd per castle (11 hours+ attack time) and around 80% successful (undefended) attacks. Possible? Sure, Statistically likely? Hell No. you either got extremely lucky, exploited this bug the OP seems to claim exists (not logging back in until all your attacks have cleared) or dropped a bunch of cheater 20s without going back to town to collect until your regular attacks completed.

If 1 - congrats on a lucky score, if 2 - congrats on exploiting a bug, and if 3 - congrats on your bragging.

For everyone else, play as often as you can while awake, in particular defending your town for the chance to collect cheater 20s, then try 1 nerd per house/castle/town overnight and enjoy whatever haul you get the next morning, if you can leave it until the timers clear then come back and let us know if you scored more than you expected.

Those totals aren't from one run of nerds. That's the overnight total after a day of regular pillaging followed by 8 hours of not logging in. There's no telling how many nerd results are actually included in that total. I was only getting 65/2hrs yesterday, FTR.

Also, cheater20s don't work that way. The elixir/gold is added to your total while you're still in the town you're visiting, it doesn't arrive in the fashion of a pop-up like nerd returns.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited August 2014
    This sounds like one of those "my girlfriend's mother in law earned $250 an hour working at home" posts you see in comments sections.
  • CBonez89
    54 posts
    edited August 2014
    so, to get this right and shorten it.

you send 70-100 nerds out to attack, however you want, 5 per town, castles, all of that.

then put the game away for 12-16 hours.

and when you come back all those 70-100 nerds you sent out all count as wins, castles and everything?!?!?!?

what if I sent 70 nerds at 8PM.

then sent another 70 nerds at 10PM,

then went to bed and didnt touch the game until noon. does that count as 140 wins x 70 = 9800 or so?

9800 still seems low for sending out two FULL waves and getting 100% wins... I once woke up to 10,500 elixir which means 2 things, I either did the glitch accidentally and didnt notice. OR and 4000 elixir prize got added to that 10,500 total?????
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    CBonez89 wrote:
    so, to get this right and shorten it.

you send 70-100 nerds out to attack, however you want, 5 per town, castles, all of that.

then put the game away for 12-16 hours.

and when you come back all those 70-100 nerds you sent out all count as wins, castles and everything?!?!?!?

what if I sent 70 nerds at 8PM.

then sent another 70 nerds at 10PM,

then went to bed and didnt touch the game until noon. does that count as 140 wins x 70 = 9800 or so?

9800 still seems low for sending out two FULL waves and getting 100% wins... I once woke up to 10,500 elixir which means 2 things, I either did the glitch accidentally and didnt notice. OR and 4000 elixir prize got added to that 10,500 total?????

I think the theory behind the OP's claims was/is legit (off time results in faulty successful payouts), but the strategy formulated due to that theory was incomplete.

By logging in more often to acquire and send more nerds to more towns, you can capitalize on the presumably faulty payouts substantially more.

There's no need to do one round and then quit for 12 hours. The best results are seen from checking in regularly and sending waves of nerds on attack throughout the day, and then having a down period overnight.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!