EA Forums - Banner

Is there a point to upgrading your characters?

I think it's supposed to give you more, albeit not a lot more, elixer for the tasks they perform

Replies

• 0_Reddler_0
    17 posts
    edited August 2014
    I was wondering too! I don't know if spending coins to upgrade characters will take away from the total that's been adding up to receive the rewards! I can't play all the time, so I only check my town twice a day max, and coins take a while to accumulate. I don't want to spend it all on upgrades, and have to re-collect to win the prizes! But at the same time, I'm stuck on 3 different tasks that require upgrading Bart and Lisa so I don't know what to do anymore. What do you guys think??
  • CBonez89
    54 posts
    edited August 2014
    there is 0 benefit.

at the end of event, its just bragging rights. others will be able to see what level you got up to, thats it. just pixels.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    I was wondering too! I don't know if spending coins to upgrade characters will take away from the total that's been adding up to receive the rewards! I can't play all the time, so I only check my town twice a day max, and coins take a while to accumulate. I don't want to spend it all on upgrades, and have to re-collect to win the prizes! But at the same time, I'm stuck on 3 different tasks that require upgrading Bart and Lisa so I don't know what to do anymore. What do you guys think??

You don't spend the coins when you do the character upgrades, you just have to reach each increment to upgrade.

In other words, don't hesitate to upgrade characters. It won't slow down your prize progress.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    CBonez89 wrote:
    there is 0 benefit.

at the end of event, its just bragging rights. others will be able to see what level you got up to, thats it. just pixels.

Well, that's pretty much a summary of the whole game, just pixels.

The benefit to upgrading is an extremely small bonus on their elixir paying jobs, along with completing the task line.
  • avg_joe_c
    67 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    You do get a small boost in their earnings, but only for the first ten levels. After that, there is no difference.

But as has been said, you don't actually spend the gold on the upgrade. So there is no point in not upgrading if you can.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!