EA Forums - Banner

true way to get insane amounts of elixir and gold

Replies

  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited August 2014
    Anakso wrote:
    This sounds like one of those "my girlfriend's mother in law earned $250 an hour working at home" posts you see in comments sections.
    Son, if your girlfriend has a mother in law I'm afraid I have some bad news for you.

    LMFAO!
  • leeana69
    170 posts
    edited August 2014
    leeana69 wrote:
    Blogger The Wookie on tstoaddicts tells me that EA is supposedly working on a fix to this bug! If they fix it, those late to the event are going to claim foul. But then I didn't get to do stackable SQP tiles either.

    Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu. It will be completely impossible to finish all the prizes then with the reduced defence payouts and the ever increasing defence other towns are building up for attacks. No my brain is working overtime as to how I can maximize payouts from this glitch before they fix it :/

    Impossible? There are almost 6 weeks left! New people starting in the next couple weeks could make it.

    I also predict that a lot of players will not check in as often once they get all the prizes, meaning more successful attacks in certain towns as the event winds down.

    People have made it as far as they have now by taking advantage of glitches they were likely unaware of and by playing a defensive game. EA has made it impossible to get anywhere defensively with 5 he reduced payouts and with higher defended towns you'll never win an attack. So yeah, impossible to finish if you're not even close now.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Just read about this today, and I still have 30K+ gold from grinding every day the real way. I suppose I could have had near 100K by now if I let my game sit 12 hours every night earning 15K, but what are you gonna do with all that extra elixir anyway...buy more walls and haystacks you don't have room for?

    :lol: everyone is accidentally being helped by the glitch without knowing it

    if they fix this glitch you'll be waking up to about a third of the exlixir/gold that you wake up to right now with your "awesome strategy"
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:
    I also have been grinding. Every day since the event started, 12.5 hrs a day, every 2 hours.

    Really? That often?

    Yes, really. I'm retired. I thought this would be a challenging event. :roll: Because of this bug, it is not.

    I have 2 week travel plans coming up. A funeral to attend out of state. So I gave it the big push at the beginning.

  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I am 26 minutes from my first time (consciously) using this exploit. I think it's my first time really profiting from it because I've never gone more than seven or eight hours without logging in and I've never used more than one need.

    The hardest part has been not logging on automatically. I thoughtlessly clicked on the icon a few minutes ago; hopefully I closed it out before it connected to the server.

    It will be kind of nice to log on only twice a day. I've already accumulated 37,000 gold just from grinding every two hours.
  • dcveeg
    2 posts
    edited August 2014
    I am 26 minutes from my first time (consciously) using this exploit. I think it's my first time really profiting from it because I've never gone more than seven or eight hours without logging in and I've never used more than one need.

    The hardest part has been not logging on automatically. I thoughtlessly clicked on the icon a few minutes ago; hopefully I closed it out before it connected to the server.

    It will be kind of nice to log on only twice a day. I've already accumulated 37,000 gold just from grinding every two hours.

    How did it go?
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Not too bad. I got 15,000 elixir and 5,000 gold. That was from 70 nerds last night.

    One thing to note, though. I was at 37,500 gold and I reached the final prize. You get some elixir prize for every 8,000 gold you earn after that but it doesn't start counting it until you claim it. So I'm at 15/8000 even though I earned an extra 4,000 gold in excess of the 38,000 final prize. Not that it's a big deal, since I don't need any more elixir but I thought I would point it out. It's just like last Halloween where it reset the counter after 3,000 goo and you had to be careful about hitting the 3,000 mark exactly.

    Now I can relax for another 10 hours!
  • dcveeg
    2 posts
    edited August 2014
    Thanks! Would you be able to detail exactly how you hit the towns? Did you hit 70 different towns with a house or castle in each town?
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    dcveeg wrote:
    Thanks! Would you be able to detail exactly how you hit the towns? Did you hit 70 different towns with a house or castle in each town?

    Actually, I consciously avoided castles because they always have an hour or two longer wait time. I wanted to get all my attacks in at 11 hours or under. So I skipped any town with a longer wait time than that. I put five nerds in every town that had the houses available for 11 hours or under. I guess I should calculate whether it's worth it to attack a castle with more than one nerd, or to attack two low level houses. I assumed the payout for 2 houses was greater than one castle.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    leeana69 wrote:
    Blogger The Wookie on tstoaddicts tells me that EA is supposedly working on a fix to this bug! If they fix it, those late to the event are going to claim foul. But then I didn't get to do stackable SQP tiles either.

    Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu. It will be completely impossible to finish all the prizes then with the reduced defence payouts and the ever increasing defence other towns are building up for attacks. No my brain is working overtime as to how I can maximize payouts from this glitch before they fix it :/

    Impossible? There are almost 6 weeks left! New people starting in the next couple weeks could make it.

    I also predict that a lot of players will not check in as often once they get all the prizes, meaning more successful attacks in certain towns as the event winds down.

    I disagree about the part where you state that new people could make it. More and more, I'm coming across towns that have their timers set at between 18 hours and "one-day-two-hours" ... the odds that I'm going to "win" anything of ANY value from those buildings is about nil, unless I find towns with those kinds of timers that belong to people who aren't going to sign on for a whole day ... and anyone with a timer at one-day-two-hours already, is NOT a casual player.

    The lowest timers I'm spotting are at 11 hours. And the number of such towns is dwindling. Fast. The combination of (1) increasingly unrealistic timers in an increasing proportion of towns AND (2) EA's decision to cut the profits from wins (and losses) by half is going to make it very very difficult for anyone coming in this late to the party. They'll have the questline tasks, which pay out 100 elixir and I-don't-recall-how-many-gold-coins for a while, but those come to an end quickly. At that point, all we have left to earn gold coins is attacking houses, and taking the pathetically low income we get from defending our own.

    So I really disagree with your conclusion. :(
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm only 40 min away from the 12 hours(glitch), il let you know how it went.
    Annette you have quite a few feeder towns, aren't you using them for your main town? If
    So how far are you on collecting gold? (I'm planing on getting a third town)
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I have nine feeder towns which I used at the start of the event to attack my main town. 9 towns x 5 nerds x 10 gold = 450 gold per day (900 elixir). Not bad for 20 or 30 minutes of work. However, they halved the rewards, so now it's 450 elixir and 225 gold for that much work. Totally not worth it anymore for me. I haven't been back to my feeder towns since they changed the payout.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    leeana69 wrote:
    Blogger The Wookie on tstoaddicts tells me that EA is supposedly working on a fix to this bug! If they fix it, those late to the event are going to claim foul. But then I didn't get to do stackable SQP tiles either.

    Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu. It will be completely impossible to finish all the prizes then with the reduced defence payouts and the ever increasing defence other towns are building up for attacks. No my brain is working overtime as to how I can maximize payouts from this glitch before they fix it :/

    Impossible? There are almost 6 weeks left! New people starting in the next couple weeks could make it.

    I also predict that a lot of players will not check in as often once they get all the prizes, meaning more successful attacks in certain towns as the event winds down.

    I disagree about the part where you state that new people could make it. More and more, I'm coming across towns that have their timers set at between 18 hours and "one-day-two-hours" ... the odds that I'm going to "win" anything of ANY value from those buildings is about nil, unless I find towns with those kinds of timers that belong to people who aren't going to sign on for a whole day ... and anyone with a timer at one-day-two-hours already, is NOT a casual player.

    The lowest timers I'm spotting are at 11 hours. And the number of such towns is dwindling. Fast. The combination of (1) increasingly unrealistic timers in an increasing proportion of towns AND (2) EA's decision to cut the profits from wins (and losses) by half is going to make it very very difficult for anyone coming in this late to the party. They'll have the questline tasks, which pay out 100 elixir and I-don't-recall-how-many-gold-coins for a while, but those come to an end quickly. At that point, all we have left to earn gold coins is attacking houses, and taking the pathetically low income we get from defending our own.

    So I really disagree with your conclusion. :(

    Use the bug now, all.

    Let's assume that EA fixes this bug. How can we work as a community to help each other achieve whatever goals we have, and help those that were late or not benefiting from this bug?

    My intuition is the strategy that has been mentioned before. We assume that the KL bug will be fixed or people are willing to stay out of KL (both theirs and their neighbors). That people upgrade to get max nerds. And that people set up house farms that they let get destroyed. Mark it with a Hail Ants. Put Flanders house by the castles to make the landing zone go there if castles are attacked. Put house farm near castles. Attack only houses; not Flanders. Clear castles and Flanders. Attack randoms only, to maximize profits.

    You'd still get some cheaters from clearing your castles and Flanders, though not much.

    [Edit: Strategy fix.]
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I tried it and gave it about 14 hours. I got 8115 elixir and 2899 gold.
    That is only 45 nerds I had and probably a few more from the previous 2 hour cycle.
    I feel that's a pretty good haul for me at least. I'll try it again tonight with 70 nerds.
  • leeana69
    170 posts
    edited August 2014
    I hate to say it but I warned everyone last week to 'act fast now' and was largely ignored and/ or dismissed.
  • Staffiez
    37 posts
    edited August 2014
    What's better/earns more using the nerds to attack strangers buildings and waiting or using the gem things that destroys building straight away
  • CBonez89
    54 posts
    edited August 2014
    wait, what did they halve?

    so now we only get 35 elixir from defeating a house???
  • leeana69
    170 posts
    edited August 2014

    :([/quote]

    Use the bug now, all.

    Let's assume that EA fixes this bug. How can we work as a community to help each other achieve whatever goals we have, and help those that were late or not benefiting from this bug?

    My intuition is the strategy that has been mentioned before. We assume that the KL bug will be fixed or people are willing to stay out of KL (both theirs and their neighbors). That people upgrade to get max nerds. And that people set up house farms that they let get destroyed. Mark it with a Hail Ants. Put Flanders house by the castles to make the landing zone go there if castles are attacked. Put house farm near castles. Attack only houses; not Flanders. Clear castles and Flanders. Attack randoms only, to maximize profits.

    You'd still get some cheaters from clearing your castles and Flanders, though not much.

    [Edit: Strategy fix.][/quote]

    Another idea is to strongly encourage people NOT to upgrade their town defences. This will benefit both players. If you have a lower defence, people are more likely to attack. If you attack a lower defence town, you'll have to use less nerds to have any chance of winning. With the lower defence payouts, the strategy to win prizes based on defending your town will be incredibly tedious. Addon the fact that you can't force people to attack you. My a town very rarely gets attacked, even though I've tried to encourage my friends by attacking them. This event, with all the glitches and changes midway is frustrating as all hell to say the least.
  • joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited August 2014
    leeana69 wrote:
    Blogger The Wookie on tstoaddicts tells me that EA is supposedly working on a fix to this bug! If they fix it, those late to the event are going to claim foul. But then I didn't get to do stackable SQP tiles either.

    Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu. It will be completely impossible to finish all the prizes then with the reduced defence payouts and the ever increasing defence other towns are building up for attacks. No my brain is working overtime as to how I can maximize payouts from this glitch before they fix it :/

    Impossible? There are almost 6 weeks left! New people starting in the next couple weeks could make it.

    I also predict that a lot of players will not check in as often once they get all the prizes, meaning more successful attacks in certain towns as the event winds down.

    I disagree about the part where you state that new people could make it. More and more, I'm coming across towns that have their timers set at between 18 hours and "one-day-two-hours" ... the odds that I'm going to "win" anything of ANY value from those buildings is about nil, unless I find towns with those kinds of timers that belong to people who aren't going to sign on for a whole day ... and anyone with a timer at one-day-two-hours already, is NOT a casual player.

    The lowest timers I'm spotting are at 11 hours. And the number of such towns is dwindling. Fast. The combination of (1) increasingly unrealistic timers in an increasing proportion of towns AND (2) EA's decision to cut the profits from wins (and losses) by half is going to make it very very difficult for anyone coming in this late to the party. They'll have the questline tasks, which pay out 100 elixir and I-don't-recall-how-many-gold-coins for a while, but those come to an end quickly. At that point, all we have left to earn gold coins is attacking houses, and taking the pathetically low income we get from defending our own.

    So I really disagree with your conclusion. :(

    Fair enough Anette. My comment about new people was more of a throwaway, not deeply thought out. However, my position is based on two things that I still believe to be true.

    1) it's only a rumor that they are going to "fix" or change this, so we'll see whether it lasts. EA might not care, though the reduced payout update suggests that they are watching the progression of the event. I agree that it makes sense to take advantage of it now. I haven't consciously pursued it, but probably have gotten *some* benefit since I had a few days of only being able to check in once or twice. But it's still a rumor, probably unconfirmable until it actually changes. Or not.
    2) Doing randoms, my experience is that upwards of 80% of the towns with houses available right now are at 12 hours attack time or less. I don't recall seeing a single one at 18 or greater. If it takes more than 1 nerd to get 12 hours or less, I just go to the next town. I did 35 + 70 last night, all 12 hours or less attacks, and it only took me about 25 minutes.

    I guess we'll find out! :-)
  • joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited August 2014
    leeana69 wrote:
    Another idea is to strongly encourage people NOT to upgrade their town defences.

    You are forced to upgrade if you want to continue adding to your max nerds per town and the number generated every two hours. So you can't make that decision independently; you also have to forgo those other updates, and I think it unlikely that people will consciously choose not to have more nerds.

    The idea is sound on the surface, but just won't happen I'm afraid.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!