EA Forums - Banner

true way to get insane amounts of elixir and gold

Replies

• Lancemountain37
    258 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I do not log in. I send them all out and close the app and return 12 hours later
  • jackmack010
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I do not log in. I send them all out and close the app and return 12 hours later

How many nerds are you sending out at a time?
    Keep track….

How many structures are you attacking at a time?
    Keep track….

Shoot for attacking structures that require less than 12 hours to demolish..

See if you're getting between 22 and 25 gold coins per structure attacked.

Using fewer nerds per structure maximizes your return per nerd!

Good luck to you…...
  • Alexanderke4
    63 posts
    edited August 2014
    People making the effort for looking sub 12 hr castles should be Able to get 25k elixer by this. Without much effort i already got this. 35F5D253-5F2E-475A-8465-C531E2EBA7CD_zpstp4rwumx.png
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Actually I probably only had 75 nerds at the time last night, not 90- so it would have been more like 77 elixir earned per attack which would mean it still works, but I just didn't tap a lot of castles.

Just spent 20 minutes attacking- I got 70 castles and 5 houses at 12 hour times so that should equal exactly 10150 elixir. I'll check in tonight and see how close it comes.

Yep, ended up getting 10780/3850, so it was pretty close but I'm not sure where the extra came from..

It's hard to keep track of everything. Maybe you had some on a really long job from before. Seems you got close enough to your estimate. Congrats!
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    People making the effort for looking sub 12 hr castles should be Able to get 25k elixer by this. Without much effort i already got this. 35F5D253-5F2E-475A-8465-C531E2EBA7CD_zpstp4rwumx.png

That's fantastic, neighbor. Time to throw a party with all that elixir. :)

• Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Please keep posting totals. I need a vicarious fix in the morning as I stay away from my town.

My total yesterday was 4791/1817. I know that seems paltry, but I visited only neighbors and the total is actually higher than makes any mathematical sense to me.

@Lancemountain37: I won't repeat the good advice others have given, but I'll add that some people have reported no luck with the glitch. Clearly, we don't know everything about it. It might be that different servers and platforms produce different results. Let us know if your payout improves.
  • TonyMinetana
    138 posts
    edited August 2014
    I don't know if someone confirmed it already, but I can now confirm, that even if your game crashes halfway through your nerds, and you login again to finish off, and somw of your attacks was defended already, then you will still enjoy the benefits of the bug when the time has run out :-)

From tomorrow, I will start making and posting stats for which structures I hit, what the maximum time for raiding is, and the amount of nerds pr town (1,2 or 3 depending on how many castles I can hit) and of course what the rewards will be :-)

Anyone who knows if it is bad for the results, if you attack three castles with 1 nerd pr castle in 1 town?
    I doubt it is, but if I'm wrong I want to stop doing so lol...
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't know if someone confirmed it already, but I can now confirm, that even if your game crashes halfway through your nerds, and you login again to finish off, and somw of your attacks was defended already, then you will still enjoy the benefits of the bug when the time has run out :-)

From tomorrow, I will start making and posting stats for which structures I hit, what the maximum time for raiding is, and the amount of nerds pr town (1,2 or 3 depending on how many castles I can hit) and of course what the rewards will be :-)

Anyone who knows if it is bad for the results, if you attack three castles with 1 nerd pr castle in 1 town?
    I doubt it is, but if I'm wrong I want to stop doing so lol...

I can confirm the first. My game crashes regularly. That last trophy in my sig is an underestimate! :)

If the glitch works for you, and sounds like it does, then if you put 1 nerd per castle, in 1 town or multiple towns, and make sure that the time got knocked down to less than or equal to the time you are willing to stay out of the game then, (phew)... when you get back to your town, you may get a message of some nerd results. Those are either outstanding nerds from earlier in the day or even from your last run. It might even be from some of those castles. But if that was your last run, it is unlikely you'll lose at the lose rates for many of those. So get out of the game and don't come back until after the time you chose to knock everything down to. In fact add 5-10 mins. The reason has to do with something called server time drift.

As the weeks go by you may find it harder and harder to find towns that work with this strategy because you may want to play your game more often to get the nerds to send out. New strategies might be...

- Switch to attacking houses.

or

- Switch to attacking towns that are not defending. You will eventually want to ignore castles with this strategy because the time will be longer than you are willing to wait and the owner will clear those after you come back to your game in some cases and you won't get paid the win price.

Hope that helps.

One more issue.... When putting more than 1 nerd per town there is a risk that the person will exercise one of the known ways of removing shields that give you and them nothing! Ouch! For example, many report that if they visit KL the shields get removed. And so you've put more nerds at risk to get their result negated by that problem. I'm no longer concerned about this myself because most people have either heard of the glitch or just don't visit their KL.

[Edit: The KL glitch]
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    People are done??

How in the Hell are you all getting such amazing amounts of gold and elixirs everyday? I am playing daily and attacking but I am not getting a fraction of those spoils and it is infuriating me to no ends.

I barely have 8000 gold and it is so hard to accumulate more that it is completely taking the fun out of the game.

zufbea.gif
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    People are done??

How in the Hell are you all getting such amazing amounts of gold and elixirs everyday? I am playing daily and attacking but I am not getting a fraction of those spoils and it is infuriating me to no ends.

I barely have 8000 gold and it is so hard to accumulate more that it is completely taking the fun out of the game.

zufbea.gif

There are a few ideas floating around.

- See if this threads topic, the glitch that pays losses as wins in some conditions, works for you. If it does there are posts in this thread on how to take maximum advantage of the glitch.

- If the glitch does not work, or even if it does and you prefer another method, try to attack towns that are not defending. There are also posts in this thread discussing that method.

In either method you'll make more from attacking random towns than your neighbors, but there are some reasons for giving neighbors some nerds. Social reasons as well as strategy reasons.

When you say you play daily, does that mean once a day? That's going to severely limit the number of nerds you have to attack. There are options to mitigate that, which we could discuss.

Take a look in this thread. Once you decide how to go, post back here if you want more info.

There is lots of time left.

• 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Banner day, or should I say evening!!

GilRPjG.jpg
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    88KEYS62 wrote:
    Banner day, or should I say evening!!

GilRPjG.jpg

How did you manage this? Can you help a brother out??

2vads1f.gif
  • cstads
    6 posts
    edited August 2014
    New high for me this morning: 22610 elixir & 8075 gold.

One tip - use all of your attacks right before the nerds respawn for the next round. That way there is less time overall for people to defend before you do your last round of the day.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    cstads and 88KEYS62 those are both excellent results. Congrats!

Similar results for me as last time...

14,840 e / 5,347 g with 450 nerds sent total yesterday, 75 on the last raid. I could do much better since my max nerds is 90.

And even though my town is level 9 defense, I have many shields and destroyed buildings. Those will all eventually count for wins for the attackers, whether the bug is fixed or not, because I'm not clearing shields except on my castles and Flanders (Flanders cleared helps get to the right landing zone, near my farms).

Interestingly, though this looks slightly worse than yesterday for me, my gold/nerd ratio went up. That's because I'm also attacking nondefending towns regardless of the time it takes for my 1 nerd per attack to finish and those are now spread across the day's payments, and are making the win rate most of the time I believe.

Compare between yesterday and the day before yesterday...

Day before Yesterday: 10/5,13/5,52/26,2/1,8/4,10/5,48/18,33/12,73/32,46/23,61/29,30/15,12/6,10/5

Yesterday: 90/40,10/5,12/6,75/33,10/5,26/10,56/22,6/3,11/4,8/4,30/15,364/139,26/13,10/5,24/12,356/128,2/1,2/1,6/3,1750/625,840/300

I kept logging in to get my Sat. reinforcements that never came. :roll: :)

• jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    People are done??

zufbea.gif

- See if this threads topic, the glitch that pays losses as wins in some conditions, works for you. If it does there are posts in this thread on how to take maximum advantage of the glitch.

- If the glitch does not work, or even if it does and you prefer another method, try to attack towns that are not defending. There are also posts in this thread discussing that method.

In either method you'll make more from attacking random towns than your neighbors, but there are some reasons for giving neighbors some nerds. Social reasons as well as strategy reasons.

When you say you play daily, does that mean once a day? That's going to severely limit the number of nerds you have to attack. There are options to mitigate that, which we could discuss.

Take a look in this thread. Once you decide how to go, post back here if you want more info.

I really appreciate it, and I did search and waded through innumerable posts and still can't quite decipher the best strategy. I know to use the random attack, but drop a bunch of nerds at once or just one per building? I will leave a few in each building, go to another random town and repeat until out of nerds and wait to log back in but the most I have ever received in gold is 80.

Daily for me is quite a few times a day... :wink:

eagih3.gif
  • Staffiez
    37 posts
    edited August 2014
    Ok, can some one tell me what is better, to attack a random with a high defend protection or a low time one?
    Also are you better off to hit 1 building per random or do the 5?

Level 43 daily player welcome to add me i have a few spaces freed up @ Staffiez
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    People are done??

zufbea.gif

I really appreciate it, and I did search and waded through innumerable posts and still can't quite decipher the best strategy. I know to use the random attack, but drop a bunch of nerds at once or just one per building? I will leave a few in each building, go to another random town and repeat until out of nerds and wait to log back in but the most I have ever received in gold is 80.

eagih3.gif

The best strategy differs per person, but I'll take a stab at a strategy for you. Let's see if we can get you bootstrapped to producing a good number of nerds by doing a combination strategy of the two I outlined. The reason I'm suggesting that for now is that we don't know if the payoff glitch works for you yet.

Here is my take on the payoff glitch as originally described here.

If all your outstanding nerds are attacking buildings, and the maximum time for the attack across them all is T hours, and you leave the game and come back after T hours, then you’ll be credited as if they all won! So for example, if starting from no nerds deployed, you send them on attacks and make sure that you never have them spend more than 12 hours, and then right before bed send as many nerds as your max, then through the day some of them will resolve and get paid out correctly and reported to you, but those final nerds and any remaining out are still working. Now wait more than 12 hours before you start the game again. You’ll get credited as if those remaining all won.

That's the glitch. I'll just say you pick 12 hours as the time, but you can use 10 or 11 or 13, whatever. Just make sure after your last attack and leaving the game you do not get back in the game before the time you were using is over, plus say 5-10 mins.

It turns out that this glitch can be augmented with attacks on towns that are not defending and still gives the win payout for losses. And of course, you'll get win payouts on those undefended towns.

Clearly to get the max out of this you’d want to attack random towns, because they pay more than your neighbors. So as you collect nerds throughout the day attack random towns. In the strategy I'm outlining, only attack houses, 1 nerd per house, 5 nerds per town. Once we get you bootstrapped you can consider the castle attack strategy.

Now, if the town is not defending, do the attacks. If the town is defending then only do the attacks if with one nerd you can knock the time down to 12 hours or less on those houses.

On your last attack, get your maximum nerds before going out for the attack.

Wait as described. Go to sleep. Have a long breakfast.

Keep track of how many nerds you sent out during the day, and how many you sent on the last run. When you do log into the game the next day, write down or screen capture, your total elixir and gold. We might be able to figure out from that if the glitch is working. Then during the next day write down any totals as they come in. They should start getting bigger as those attacks on nondefending towns start coming in.

Make sure to upgrade your castles at least to level 10 as you start getting elixir. There are pros/cons to going above that depending on how many nerds you want to send out, and how easy you want your town to be attackable.

Check back with results.

Good luck with this. Hope it is making more sense.

[Edit: Typos]
  • Staffiez
    37 posts
    edited August 2014
    Staffiez wrote:
    Ok, can some one tell me what is better, to attack a random with a high defend protection or a low time one?

Forgot to also ask what's with the ant walls? I seen it mentioned a few times in here
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Staffiez wrote:
    Staffiez wrote:

Forgot to also ask what's with the ant walls? I seen it mentioned a few times in here

Look at my answer right above and see if that helps. Short answer. 1 nerd per attack regardless, but only attack high protection if the town is not defending. I think you can go with 5 nerds per town; which is 5 attacks per town.

People are talking about a sign decoration in the game that says Hail Ants. There is a pic above in this thread. It signifies that the town is not defending if near a house farm.

Cheers!
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    jjnag1971 wrote:
    People are done??

zufbea.gif

eagih3.gif

The best strategy differs per person, but I'll take a stab at a strategy for you. Let's see if we can get you bootstrapped to producing a good number of nerds by doing a combination strategy of the two I outlined. The reason I'm suggesting that for now is that we don't know if the payoff glitch works for you yet.

Here is my take on the payoff glitch as originally described here.

If all your outstanding nerds are attacking buildings, and the maximum time for the attack across them all is T hours, and you leave the game and come back after T hours, then you’ll be credited as if they all won! So for example, if starting from no nerds deployed, you send them on attacks and make sure that you never have them spend more than 12 hours, and then right before bed send as many nerds as your max, then through the day some of them will resolve and get paid out correctly and reported to you, but those final nerds and any remaining out are still working. Now wait more than 12 hours before you start the game again. You’ll get credited as if those remaining all won.

That's the glitch. I'll just say you pick 12 hours as the time, but you can use 10 or 11 or 13, whatever. Just make sure after your last attack and leaving the game you do not get back in the game before the time you were using is over, plus say 5-10 mins.

It turns out that this glitch can be augmented with attacks on towns that are not defending and still gives the win payout for losses. And of course, you'll get win payouts on those undefended towns.

Clearly to get the max out of this you’d want to attack random towns, because they pay more than your neighbors. So as you collect nerds throughout the day attack random towns. In the strategy I'm outlining, only attack houses, 1 nerd per house, 5 nerds per town. Once we get you bootstrapped you can consider the castle attack strategy.

Now, if the town is not defending, do the attacks. If the town is defending then only do the attacks if with one nerd you can knock the time down to 12 hours or less on those houses.

On your last attack, get your maximum nerds before going out for the attack.

Wait as described. Go to sleep. Have a long breakfast.

Keep track of how many nerds you sent out during the day, and how many you sent on the last run. When you do log into the game the next day, write down or screen capture, your total elixir and gold. We might be able to figure out from that if the glitch is working. Then during the next day write down any totals as they come in. They should start getting bigger as those attacks on nondefending towns start coming in.

Make sure to upgrade your castles at least to level 10 as you start getting elixir. There are pros/cons to going above that depending on how many nerds you want to send out, and how easy you want your town to be attackable.

Check back with results.

Good luck with this. Hope it is making more sense.

[Edit: Typos]

OOooooo........I get it.
    Thanks!!

2vx3gck.gif
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.