EA Forums - Banner

Multiple character job selection

*sits back and waits for the comments about how the game is called "tapped out" and should never be easier*

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    *sits back and waits for the comments about how the game is called "tapped out" and should never be easier*

Could be worse, could be yet another "we need more land" or "this update sucks" thread

To the OP- it actually makes sense for the events and/or quest lines where you have to do that as part of the quests. And for the complainers who will jump on the OP for it going against the idea of the game- they ought to stay away from Town Hall then because that also goes against the whole idea of it being a tapping game since it cuts down on your hunting for characters
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Never understood that mentality. Is the tapping really the part of the game that's fun for some people? Mindlessly tapping each house/thumbs up/handshake, and then mindless tapping the same timed task on each character?

I dunno about those people, but even if it's been mentioned before (several times), I think it's a good idea. I'd love to have that so I can focus on the more enjoyable aspects of the game.
  • mikepellerin60
    492 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Nah, no button. But I do like tasks were you can send multiple folks on the same task. Like when we got the Bloodmobile, you had to send 10, I think. I wound up sending everybody who could go! I like seeing the big stack of thumbs up's when they're done. (thumbs up's is fail English, I know! :D )
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited August 2014
    The nice thing about a button is that those who are morally opposed to using it because it violates the spirit of the game would not have to use it, they could continue their regularly scheduled tapping.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Never understood that mentality. Is the tapping really the part of the game that's fun for some people? Mindlessly tapping each house/thumbs up/handshake, and then mindless tapping the same timed task on each character?

I dunno about those people, but even if it's been mentioned before (several times), I think it's a good idea. I'd love to have that so I can focus on the more enjoyable aspects of the game.
    I think it's a good idea, too, but there are always objections to it. This and a "collect all" feature.
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I've always liked the idea. Up until a couple of weeks ago I hadn't sent my people on tasks for majority of this year simply because it just took so long, but I still played everyday, designed and visited friends etc so I don't think this one aspect of "tapping" is that critical to the game.. And exactly like Jraffa said, if people don't like it they don't have to use it :-)
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6372 posts Moderator
    edited September 2014
    People complain now about lag & crashing.

If such a feature were to be put into effect, imagine sending 100+ characters on the same task....

The lag & the crashing would be insane. Think about it.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    This is one of those topics that come up constantly. If it were to be done, there is something I would consider helpful: If you, say, set everyone for 12 hour tasks, but there's a character without a 12 hour task, they should remain untasked. If it assigned a closest to task, then I wouldn't use it. As is, it tends to assume the higher hour tasks when going from character to character.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I would want it to only assign solo tasks. I normally keep Witch Marge on crops. I wouldn't want the game sending her off to be with Bernice Hibbert instead.
  • Alexanderke4
    63 posts
    edited September 2014
    I would only agree to this if they lower the payout then like 50%. So you can save time( or just if you're lazy) but you don't get the full reward like other tappers who make an effort for it.
  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Implement this for max levelled users only. That way you give lower level people another incentive to play and it can not be abused. The 50% thing is good too but i'd make it 75%.

Or maybe a building that has a task for everyone but a smaller payout and makes for a boring town. Bad idea maybe but hey, gotta make this other idea look good.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    LKqyZXv.png

Fun. And yes it crashed when they poured out.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I do like it when you can send nearly/all of the characters on the same task as i like to see all the Thumbs like the picture above but it always worries my when clicking it to whether the game will crash because of the animation afterwards....luckily for me i have been ok and not had it crash, but i dont do anything till all the money has been collected (which can take a while lol)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.