EA Forums - Banner

Do you make districts?

I'd make a red light district if they added the Maison Derri?re.

Replies

• zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited December 2012
    yeah, I tend to do little commercial clusters... but on another note, there seems to be something just inherently wrong about having a Mapple store next to a Try and Save, lol
  • DarkDreems
    30 posts
    edited December 2012
    "yeah, I tend to do little commercial clusters... but on another note, there seems to be something just inherently wrong about having a Mapple store next to a Try and Save, lol"

I just realized I put those two together.
  • JaeJaeWae
    24 posts
    edited December 2012
    I try to "district" things as much as possible, although there is no strict adherence. Mostly, I just try to make it aesthetically pleasing & have a good flow & I'm always changing things up... My Mapple Store is in my Downtown of sorts. Add me if you'd like, I still have a few spots left.
  • marlenet88
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    My city is district oriented. I have commercial, residential, industrial, and community based areas.
  • Starbuxs
    60 posts
    edited December 2012
    I dont' know if the right term for me would be districts more of themes. I am spreading out my businesses but on the other hand there is an area, in progress that is going to be set up as a kind of higher scale shopping/ eating center.
  • GldnMan
    252 posts
    edited December 2012
    I tend to segment my buildings by type....restaurant district, shopping district, even an Area 51 for Kang, ray gun, black hole, etc.
  • fragrlr0ck
    88 posts
    edited December 2012
    I considered making districts at one point, but I’ve lived most of my life in college towns, which are always spaces full of trash and always in transition. So the concept of tidy districts doesn’t make a whole lot of sense in my reality. So Otto’s bus may start out as a flop house, turn into a food truck the following month, and by summer it may have transformed into a pretentious hipster coffee bar and pseudo-micro brewery. And finding some dude whose name may or may not be Barney passed out in front of a church or on a random residential property is… well… a typical Tuesday morning in my neighborhood depending on the weather.
  • hgfxf
    171 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I tried to segment my zones by economic & architectural as well as function.

Ie: family practice in more influential area, but hospital backside of condos.
  • hgfxf
    171 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I tried to segment my zones by economic & architectural as well as function.

Ie: family practice in more influential area, but hospital backside of condos.
  • lollytroll
    83 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have tried to out my buildings in a logical order. I do have s rough side of town
  • kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have 2 :)

ZrM4e.jpg

7EMQr.jpg
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Yes i also try this.
  • SWNJim
    86 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have a residential section, a poor "rundown" section, an industrial section, a downtown district, and a boonies (where there's a steady supply of moonshine). Eventually I'll make a "strip" and an upper class gated community.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I'd like a Distict 9.... With lots of creatures and Funzos
    Is there anyone out there?
  • Jimbeeze
    278 posts
    edited December 2012
    battyguy wrote:

Solid flick, underrated. I have a science area in my town, could start making it look more like Johannesburg, South Africa
  • Glock23D
    142 posts
    edited December 2012
    jchabotte wrote:
    I did this with all my commercial buildings.. Wanted to get a centralized commercial area.. What about you?

bf0ce737ee5003ba316cee9e0c3ea25b.jpg

U have Moe's next to the music store, I thought it was just me to know that it is like that in the real Simpsons .... :(
  • jchabotte
    63 posts
    edited December 2012
    Glock23D wrote:
    jchabotte wrote:
    I did this with all my commercial buildings.. Wanted to get a centralized commercial area.. What about you?

bf0ce737ee5003ba316cee9e0c3ea25b.jpg

U have Moe's next to the music store, I thought it was just me to know that it is like that in the real Simpsons .... :(

I thought it obvious that King Toots is supposed to be next to Moe's.. that's how it is in the show, and my wife and I abide by the geography of the show, where possible.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Jimbeeze wrote:
    battyguy wrote:

Solid flick, underrated. I have a science area in my town, could start making it look more like Johannesburg, South Africa

Lol I have a science section too :D.

I've sort of stuck mine as districts, like all the shopping areas are together but moes and the house of evil are in the evil quarter, right next to the prison.
  • jchabotte
    63 posts
    edited December 2012
    i've got more of the "nerdy" district. I have the partcile accelerator on the same block as the School and the Library.

Also.. i put my cemeteries with the Church AND the Retirement Castle.
  • Romelwashere
    98 posts
    edited December 2012
    Nice idea bud.

I tend to segment residential areas, commercial etc. Its more organized that way - some of my neighbours have there nuclear power plants and prison next to a residential area or commercial or in some cases next to a church lol
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.