EA Forums - Banner

Anyone Else Bored?

12346Next

Replies

• keithzilla208
    287 posts
    edited September 2014
    Just finished this morning. What was my reward after the last coin prize was placed? An announcement that I can get more elixir when I get 8000 coins... Really? No donuts? They always had donuts in the past...

No purple. Me want pink.
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Deleted this due to new content!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • syNergize19
    28 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Ya I am kind of bored now. Finished this the other day, and the fact the castle walls for Bart and Lisa cost 105,000 elixir for 1 piece of wall has kind of ruined it for me. Way to much of a grind for me to try to finish those 2 castles.
  • nubbin71
    236 posts
    edited September 2014
    Freemium player here and not bored at all.

Finished collecting the personal prizes a bit ago, but still regularly deploying nerds every few hours to randoms and still regularly visiting my neighbors.

My castles are at level 20.
    Homer just hit level 63, Marge 21, Bart 29 and Lisa 39.

Aside from the fun "freebie" decorations and the few I've purchased via elixir (mostly am hording that up for now, till just before the event ends), I have greatly enjoyed the opportunity to see all the random Springfields out there. While it is nice to have my neighbors and the Springfield Showcase thread here, I find it extra special to have another source of inspiration from these other towns. Have seen some really fantastic layouts and creativity. That in itself, at least for me, has made this one of the most entertaining events so far.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    nubbin71 wrote:

Thats impressive :thumbup:

Dont think any of my simpson family are anywhere near those high levels
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I finished at the weekend, none of the prizes are all that great (I feel bad for people who don't have a lot of land because all the prizes revolve around building big castles!!) but at the end of the day even though I'm a bit bored by it and not putting in that much effort anymore, this event is still 20,000,000,000% better than Easter! :lol:
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited September 2014

I've had jobs whether I've been bored and jobs where ive been frustrated over not being able to get things done. Bored, for me, is worse.
    :| I remain dubious that "most boring" can possibly equate to "worst." I've never seen anyone pull their hair out or break down weeping because they had an uneventful day, it's because they're frustrated. If you prefer frustration to boredom, you are simply not typical.[/quote]

Well I guess it's possible that just because you feel a certain way about things that others may feel differently. No that can't be it. I must not be typical. :roll:

Bottom line....you hate what what you hate for your reasons and I'll do the same. What you present as reasons or fact don't make me feel differently, and because I think differently than you do doesn't make my opinion strange. And the whole "you're bored boo hoo" rant you went on earlier, well that opinion works both ways.

I will say that hopefully they will add something else to this event so it doesn't limp along for another month. Because if at this point people are bored and unhappy, it isn't going to get better.

• dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Mmmm Castle Walls <slobber>
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I think we should do a poll which event was better Easter or this one im curious what will be the response
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    jraffa50 wrote:
    your comments about how
    Easter sent you into "despair" when you opened the game did make it seem like you were deeply affected.
    And time has only added layers of bitter scar tissue. No nostalgia blindness for me.

Seriously? You have taken the Easter event to heart so much. You're whole "Nobody talk about Easter or you'll feel the wrath of Neuroheart" thing is ridiculous. It's fine if you hated the easter event...but it's time to calm down and let it go. If other people want to talk about the Easter event we will talk about it. If you don't like it stay out of the conversation. It's as simple as that.

As for your despair and bitter scar tissue. Give me a break.
  • DaNgerSteVe
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I still can't get all prizes lol. I give up
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:
    Well I guess it's possible that just because you feel a certain way about things that others may feel differently. No that can't be it. I must not be typical. :roll:
    Actually, stability and stability-related things (such as safety, regular food, etc) are ranked highly in most physiological and psychological "needs." A lack of security is, often, a cause for trauma. Boredom (stability) is never cited as a cause for any form of trauma. I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about studies.
    Obviously, a game is of lesser importance than food and shelter. Even a job is, technically, a different sort of environment. That doesn't mean that similar models can't apply. Well-designed games are ones that individuals can win, or at least feel they can win. Gambling relies on human pattern recognition and reward systems of the brain convincing someone they can totally win this again, and it's going to be great. Making something actually impossible to complete is a recipe for convincing most people that it is not worth their time or effort. Jobs that give impossible tasks will be quit. Games that cannot be progressed through will be put down, often forever. A "boring" level in a game is not what will make the gamer stop playing out of frustration. Not being able to progress is what makes the gamer stop playing, and then rant about it on YouTube.
    Boring jobs aren't a leading cause of health problems; high-stress, high-risk jobs are often cited as contributing factors to everything from heart attacks to panic disorders. I've known plenty of people who needed medication to deal with their high-stress job, because otherwise they might have an aneurism. None of the people I have met or those in studies I've read have needed beta blockers because their job was just too boring.
    So yeah, it's not typical to prefer frustration.
    lukeout007 wrote:
    As for your despair and bitter scar tissue. Give me a break.
    I see that dramatic effect is just as wasted as analogy. What a pity.

(I did hate Easter, though. And I don't care if it's talked about, but saying this event is worse continues to be ludicrous, and of course I'm going to contradict such ludicrous statements.)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    jraffa50 wrote:
    Actually, stability and stability-related things (such as safety, regular food, etc) are ranked highly in most physiological and psychological needs

To be fair....It's pretty obvious there isn't a ton of psychological stability running through this thread at the moment.
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Ahhh what a surprise. It's the, 'I found a way to get ridiculous amounts of the event currency and so I got all the prizes within a week and now I'm bored so I'll post whiny threads about why EA should give me more stuff that no doubt I'll just speed through like a total moron' complaint thread.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Ahhh what a surprise. It's the, 'I found a way to get ridiculous amounts of the event currency and so I got all the prizes within a week and now I'm bored so I'll post whiny threads about why EA should give me more stuff that no doubt I'll just speed through like a total moron' complaint thread.

Wow way to jump to conclusions....but for your information I'm nowhere near completing all the prizes. Sitting at about 20k in coins. The point of the thread was that this event AND it's prizes are boring. Not that I'm bored now that I'm done with everything. Honestly I don't know if I'm going to get all the prizes and I really couldn't care less if I do. This event is by far the most boring event I've been a part of.
  • Alexanderke4
    63 posts
    edited September 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    nubbin71 wrote:

Thats impressive :thumbup:

Dont think any of my simpson family are anywhere near those high levels
    You should add me then ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.