EA Forums - Banner

Mystery Stocking! - Clear & LARGE screenshots provided!

Prev13

Replies

• joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    Awesome. Absolutely awesome. When will my Springfield start this?
  • nnhoang1122
    81 posts
    edited December 2012
    Awesome. Absolutely awesome. When will my Springfield start this?

That's the thing, I have no idea what started it and why it disappeared after I left the game. It might've been a glitch or some sort or something EA put in but forgot about?

Of the 3 or so threads I could find on the mystery stockings, noone knew how or why it happened!

Hopefully more people can chime in on their insight.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Do you still have the Donuts and Reindeer obtained from the stockings?
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited December 2012
    I think what everyone here wants to know, nnhoang1122 is, when did yo tke those screenshots?
    If it was before Christmas, just please do not tease us with a glitch we will never get.
    If not, we may really hope. But I´m not counting on it, to be honest.
  • nnhoang1122
    81 posts
    edited December 2012

Yes, I still have the donuts and reindeer - here's a screenshot on my iPad Mini which means it isn't only on my iPhone.
    As you can see, the donut count is around 40 more. I don't buy premium donuts so yeah lol

(Once again, someone please repost the image so it shows)
    img0015wy.png

@mietze81937
    I took them today, a couple of hours ago. It says the requirements is Christmas... so maybe it had to be after Christmas for it to happen?
  • joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yes, did this happen to you tonight, or did you forward the internal clock on your device, or what? What timezone are you in?
  • nnhoang1122
    81 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yes, did this happen to you tonight, or did you forward the internal clock on your device, or what? What timezone are you in?

Happened to me tonight. I do forward the clocks once in a while when I'm bored, but when this happened my iPhone's clock was set on automatic - Eastern Timezone.
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited December 2012

Yes, I still have the donuts and reindeer - here's a screenshot on my iPad Mini which means it isn't only on my iPhone.
    As you can see, the donut count is around 40 more. I don't buy premium donuts so yeah lol

img0015wy.png

@mietze81937
    I took them today, a couple of hours ago. It says the requirements is Christmas... so maybe it had to be after Christmas for it to happen?

Here ya go.
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited December 2012

img0015wy.png

@mietze81937
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited December 2012
    I am sorry, as much as I wanna believe this, but I am totally rlying on Outerhaven here.
    Since th OP said, no update was set before, this cannot be true.
    There is NOTHING in the files!!!!
  • joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited December 2012

Happened to me tonight. I do forward the clocks once in a while when I'm bored, but when this happened my iPhone's clock was set on automatic - Eastern Timezone.

Well that's fantastic. Thanks for posting. I guess we will have to wait. Something to look forward to though.
  • joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    I am sorry, as much as I wanna believe this, but I am totally rlying on Outerhaven here.
    Since th OP said, no update was set before, this cannot be true.
    There is NOTHING in the files!!!!

These pics don't look altered at all and seem legit. I don't see why this is so difficult to believe. This would have to be a pretty elaborate hoax.
  • jbondra
    204 posts
    edited December 2012
    I really hope this is true. I was planning on buying a reindeer or two, now it would be nice to get them for free.
  • nnhoang1122
    81 posts
    edited December 2012
    @mietze81937

I'm not doubting that what Outerhaven said is true about the files not being there, but is he a developer of some sort that has access to these files? Like I said though, whether you believe me or not it happened to me and I took screenshots. Not sure what else I could do lol
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited December 2012
    jbondra wrote:
    I really hope this is true. I was planning on buying a reindeer or two, now it would be nice to get them for free.

:mrgreen: Your avatar fits perfectly here, Jbondra!
    I really wish you are all right and I am wrong!
  • OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've not confirmed or denied these stockings exist but forwarding Timezone has brought no new files for the game, also there is nothing that relates to the word stocking, donuts or reindeer in the game files for all the Christmas bits. The last update was 4_0_1r5_Christmas_DisabledPromos2 which disabled all the Gill Promotions.

In all of the Christmas folders there is not relation or text that is in the screenshots from what I can currently find.

Also as in another screenshot I've seen, it says it ends January 3rd. So would mean the update is going to happen within the next 24 hours, and would seem odd that the promotion would end on a Thursday??

Also, I would of thought The Simpsons Tapped Out Facebook page would of 'hinted' towards these stockings as they usually do before an update.

Also, EA said they were extending the Christmas period for TSTO a week, so it might be we don't see these stockings until next week...

Also, in the screenshots if you notice it says 'in the sack you got' instead of 'in the stocking you got'... So that's a bit weird. It's as if the person who created these screenshots couldn't photoshop 'stocking' in but it's quite easy to do all the other bits in the screenshots.
  • nnhoang1122
    81 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have that screenshot on here! It says 'Use surplus santa coins to buy mystery stockings before the sholiday event ends on january 3rd.' It might be a glitch of some sort on my end since EA announced that it would be extending the christmas event?

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4431/img0118s.png

Oh and I remember that it wasn't when I opened the game that the event started, but after I did some daily activities with the neighbours and went back to my own town. Might want to try timezone skipping and doing that?
  • joeyransdell
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    Dude there were people calling bulls**t on the thanksgiving balloons as well. I totally believe this will happen eventually. I just don't understand why you got yours before everyone else.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Those of you that got these stockings, did you complete all of the Christmas tasks?
  • zZZzMiKEzZZz
    23 posts
    edited December 2012
    I just don't understand why you got yours before everyone else.
    EA's ways and implementations are mysterious to say the least. Just like people taking off in the wrong direction in order to do their tasks and moonwalking while doing it. Something that worked flawlessly in the past but now is botched.

Still got no stocking here although we are well into 2013 :(
    Tempted, but not yet ready to call it ****...

And btw, happy new year to y'all ;D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.