EA Forums - Banner

What is the point of getting 1000 elixir after unlocking everything?

I do not think they will add any more new content for the event but I guess you can still upgrade your castles and stock up on the decorations in the events before it ends. I have all of these decorations but I would like to stock up on the Hay Cart and the Stock. I have earned the eighth and ninth personal prize which is the three towers and the catapult which has a pretty cool animation when it starts to throws out cats.

Replies

• LuvsDrama2
    89 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I too will stock up on the hay carts and other items i can buy with elixir including castle pieces :D
  • KMonk023
    74 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    How the hell do you get so much elixir after raiding towns? I too have all the prizes and all my castles are upgraded to the point of getting the maximum amount of nerds, but the most I've got from raiding at once is maybe 4-5 thousand. Please share your secrets with me as I want to earn a lot more elixir for more decorations and extra castle walls.
  • tjdportland
    15 posts
    edited September 2014
    KMonk023 wrote:
    How the hell do you get so much elixir after raiding towns? I too have all the prizes and all my castles are upgraded to the point of getting the maximum amount of nerds, but the most I've got from raiding at once is maybe 4-5 thousand. Please share your secrets with me as I want to earn a lot more elixir for more decorations and extra castle walls.

Me thinks some people don't have jobs.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Wow! That is a lot of elixir! I'm amazed!
  • 6th_LayerofHell
    133 posts
    edited September 2014
    KMonk023 wrote:

Attack people with Max hours of 12 then don't come back till the attack would be over it all counts as a win..also send all your guys on 12 hour jobs so you don't lose all those hours of money//exp..
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    its ridiculous

the things to buy with elixir are total junk, you only need 1 of each...collect hay carts? lol why
  • jankrohn
    197 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Some possibilities:

* New content gets released in the course of the event, which you can buy with elixir
    * Higer level castles will earn more money and XP after the event ends
    * Neither of these, in which case it really is a waste of effort.
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited September 2014
    Let me make sure I understand...

You have finished the event which leaves you the option of a) no longer attacking but still clearing shields, b) continuing attacks and clearing shields, c) no longer attacking or defending or d) continuing attacks and clearing shields? You appear to be attacking still which is earning you both elixir and gold and, without jeopardising your gold 'production', EA have committed to rewarding you with a further 1000 elixir for every 8000 gold... catch-free; no ifs, no buts, no coconuts.

If the additional elixir isn't of value to you then I must question why you continue to attack.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    its ridiculous

the things to buy with elixir are total junk, you only need 1 of each...collect hay carts? lol why

Planning ahead for potential future designs. For instance, the hay carts could be put into a hay ride design, or strewn about Cletus's farm. You never know how many you'll need. Barbarian castle walls are actually very versatile, and I could see using them in several different ideas.

There are so many times I regret only buying one slide and a handful of walls from Stonecutters. This time, I've stocked up about 10+ of each of the original decorations, and at least 3 of each of the new ones. I'll probably buy a ton more if nothing new is released by the end.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Hey 1000 elixer beats 1000 money. And it looks like you'll score some serious bragging rights when the event is over :)
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    KMonk023 wrote:

Me thinks some people don't have jobs.

More like methinks some people have been on the forum for more than five minutes and have read the secret of how to acquire that much elixir overnight. (Hint: insulting people does not get you more elixir)
  • terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    KMonk023 wrote:

Attack people with Max hours of 12 then don't come back till the attack would be over it all counts as a win..also send all your guys on 12 hour jobs so you don't lose all those hours of money//exp..

He might be gemming...i mean, using donuts, sorry wrong game :D Its kind of possible if you think about it. I have 100 nerds to attack and 75 more "in the hopper" , i attack nothing but castles (here's where the 12 hr thingy wont really work, its more like 16-19) and logoff. // 8,503 gold is exactly 170 castle attacks + 3 failed ones.

I am just hording elixir to see if any new items pop up, i ma not interested in castles upgrades beyond the normal ones through so we will see. worst case is that right before the end i bump up the upgrades for "bragging right", no harm. but yet i am still attacking...why is that?? compulsive?
  • terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    KMonk023 wrote:

He might be gemming...i mean, using donuts, sorry wrong game :D Its kind of possible if you think about it. I have 100 nerds to attack and 75 more "in the hopper" , i attack nothing but castles (here's where the 12 hr thingy wont really work, its more like 16-19) and logoff. // 8,503 gold is exactly 170 castle attacks + 3 failed ones.

I am just hording elixir to see if any new items pop up, i ma not interested in castles upgrades beyond the normal ones through so we will see. worst case is that right before the end i bump up the upgrades for "bragging right", no harm. but yet i am still attacking...why is that?? compulsive?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!