EA Forums - Banner

Kermit the hermit now with tasks

Replies

• barryriddl474
    4817 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    tommy1724 wrote:

Barry, as far as the song lyrics go, look into your heart. They are already there.

You had me at Barry. :mrgreen:
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    ok, I finally took a look at this odd titled thread that has been stuck on page one for a few days out of sheer curiosity, and I am pretty sorry I did...I will never get that 15 minutes back!! :lol:

Amusing? yes. Silly? Yes. Pointless? Yes. But my worst fear: this kind of thing encourages others...please make it stop :roll:
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited September 2014

Thanks. And jim, he lama will never happen. Ea will never release a character that has never been seen or mentioned in the show. It won't happen. Give up now, the trolling is getting old.

Has the Clash of Clones Barbarian ever been in the show?
  • barryriddl474
    4817 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    ok, I finally took a look at this odd titled thread that has been stuck on page one for a few days out of sheer curiosity, and I am pretty sorry I did...I will never get that 15 minutes back!! :lol:

Amusing? yes. Silly? Yes. Pointless? Yes. But my worst fear: this kind of thing encourages others...please make it stop :roll:

It's still better than the usual uber negative threads we see pass through here. :D
  • barryriddl474
    4817 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    maxeerg wrote:

Thanks. And jim, he lama will never happen. Ea will never release a character that has never been seen or mentioned in the show. It won't happen. Give up now, the trolling is getting old.

That IS a good point. ;)
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    maxeerg wrote:

No? And that is an exception, I'll admit, although homers skin has been in the show.

I'm not sure jim knows what copyright is, so here's a defination.
    'The exclusive and assignable legal right, given to the originator for a fixed number of years, to print, publish, perform, film, or record literary, artistic, or musical material' - Oxford dictionary
    Copyright is a legal right created by the law of a country, that grants the creator of an original work exclusive rights to its use and distribution, usually for a limited time, with the intention of enabling the creator (e.g. the photographer of a photograph or the author of a book) to receive compensation for their intellectual effort.
    - Wikipedia
    You do not own the copyright for kermit the hermit nor is he your character unless you can prove you have purchased the copyright from the owner.
    That means if EA were to release a character called hermit the kermit, with the appropriate skin from the book that would be a breach of copyright that is owned by someone (forgot the name) That person would likely sue EA for copyright infringement which could cost ea a lot of money, especially in legal fees. If ea wanted to use kermit the hermit in the game legally, they'd have to pay thousands of pounds in royalties. You also want to charge 250 doughnuts for the character and his houses too. I believe that's approximately 10 pounds sterling and would be the joint first most expensive building and character combination in the game. Why would anyone mentally sane purchase a character that had never been in the game and is stupidly too expensive? Now, I need to sleep, I'll respond to replies in the morning.
  • starshipvi49
    1129 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    maxeerg wrote:

That IS a good point. ;)
    kelso-burn.jpg
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited September 2014

kelso-burn.jpg

That was a great film!
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited September 2014

kelso-burn.jpg

That was a great film!

I do not believe that the pic was from a film...it looks like Kelso in the Forman basement from That 70's Show
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited September 2014

kelso-burn.jpg

That was a great film!

I do not believe that the pic was from a film...it looks like Kelso in the Forman basement from That 70's Show

Ah, my mistake, looks similar to Ashton kutchers in 'what happened in Vegas'.
  • jimmytagz
    185 posts
    edited September 2014
    He isn't a character fom anything. So Kermit the hemit has no copyright
  • chud3
    139 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    he does now. i just copyrighted him in case he ever goes in the game so i can get royalties.
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    chud3 wrote:
    he does now. i just copyrighted him in case he ever goes in the game so i can get royalties.
    ooo, you snooze you lose jimmy ... that sucks man
  • henpot7514
    6011 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    maxeerg wrote:

giphy.gif
  • kyaray
    875 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    chud3 wrote:
    ooo, you snooze you lose jimmy ... that sucks man

Doh! Jimmy I am so disappointed, you didn't protect Kermit :( who else besides you would have protected the artistic integrity of the character. I fear for what will become of Kermit, now that he is in the hands of people who may not have his best interests at heart.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    They call him Kermit,Kermit, faster than lightning,
    No-one you see, is smarter than he,
    And we know Kermit, lives in a world full of wonder,
    Flying there in good old Springfield!

Everyone loves the king of Springfield
    Ever so kind and gentle is he,
    Tricks he will do when Lisa appears,
    And how she laughs when he's near!

• OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    jimmytagz wrote:
    He isn't a character fom anything. So Kermit the hemit has no copyright

Yes it is copyrighted, kermit the hermit was the main character in a book named kermit the hermit.
    Am I allowed to post links?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_the_Hermit
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6250 posts Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I will be moving this to the off topic thread, since that's where this thread has been going.
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    It was more fun when we had a little OT in the GD

That could be a rap :D
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4694 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I will be moving this to the off topic thread, since that's where this thread has been going.

Hey! Dont dump this crap in OT! :evil:

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!