EA Forums - Banner

WORST event ever: let's settle this

Replies

• 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited September 2014
    I'm pretty sure we could NOT buy gold eggs.

We could only buy pink eggs and blue eggs, right? And the only way to get gold eggs was in those boxes ... right? At least, that's the way I recall it. It's very possible that I"m misremembering, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't given the option to buy golden eggs. That's why I said the entire thing was random no matter HOW much money you were willing to spend.

And that's why I said that I was still "lucky" to have all the items.
    EA added the ability to buy gold eggs near the end of the event, I believe.

They got some more flack for jipping us into buying pink and blue eggs to get gold eggs earlier; but, it was pretty much drowned out by the awfulness of the event.
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited September 2014

I'm pretty sure we could NOT buy gold eggs.

We could only buy pink eggs and blue eggs, right? And the only way to get gold eggs was in those boxes ... right? At least, that's the way I recall it. It's very possible that I"m misremembering, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't given the option to buy golden eggs. That's why I said the entire thing was random no matter HOW much money you were willing to spend.

And that's why I said that I was still "lucky" to have all the items.

At the very end they added gold eggs that you could buy. I know I bought some and got a bunch of Easter gates. I think that was EA's way to pacify the completist. Of course it didn't really work because the odds on the wheel were not quite right.

Edit: oops
  • MonicaL9
    230 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:
    penalak wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    penalak wrote:
    WE CAN ALL AGREE THAT STONECUTTERS WAS THE WORST EVENT IN THE HISTORY OF TSTO
    Stop trying to troll the thread. Your other posts in all caps having disappeared should really be a hint to you.

How am I trolling when I'm stating my true opinion. I honestly thought it was the worst event due mainly to the stupid prizes being all COSTUMES!!
    I actually agree with you here. Stonecutter's doesn't get near the hate it deserves. It suffered from the exact same problems as **** except the mechanics of the event were worse and the prizes looked even more out of place. I think at the end of the day that players are enamored by anything Simpson's related and more critical of stuff that aren't.

I should have voted for Stonecutter's but Easter was so sooooooo bad.

I thought the Stonecutters event was more enjoyable to play, with the riddles and all. The prizes were not great, but it was entertaining to actually play.

Agreed. I thought the Stonecutters had an amusing quest line. Was it my favorite event? No. But I don't have any regrets playing it :)
  • marpr91
    35 posts
    edited September 2014
    Easter was definitely the worst but whacking day isn't too far behind. The current event isn't bad just not too fun. It's very okay.
  • penalak
    130 posts
    edited September 2014
    This poll has around 200 voters already. I don't follow all the numbers on forum polls, but that sounds like a lot of people are ... ummm ... energetic about this topic. And lots of the ... ummm ... ENERGY seems to be pointing at Easter. :)

I actually have to say the pole is rigged
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Whacking day was my favorite! You got donuts for every 1,000 snakes once you had all the prizes! Plus I liked community prizes.
    **** is the worst because it is completely irrelevant to "Simpsons" and it was completed in a week while running for a month.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited September 2014
    Yes, gold eggs were available for purchase at the very end of Easter. I actually got lucky. I bought some and got Father Sean on the last night before my Kindle updated the next day to remove the event. I also got the Blocko Store earlier that day. Before that all I got that was worthwhile was the lizards, the mutant bunny, and the Banana Dictatorship.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • kyaray
    875 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    Whacking day was my favorite! You got donuts for every 1,000 snakes once you had all the prizes! Plus I liked community prizes.
    **** is the worst because it is completely irrelevant to "Simpsons" and it was completed in a week while running for a month.

I agree with this whacking day or Halloween 2013 were the best. **** is just meh! The only things really wanted were the chicken coups. At least Easter as frustrating and idiotic as it was held some excitement.
  • Parkin76
    112 posts
    edited September 2014
    My least favorite by far was Easter because of that wheel. At least EA listened and hasn't had an event like Easter since. The current event is funny but to me it got boring after a while - and the prizes aren't that exciting.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    graywolfii wrote:
    Every day of the Easter event was a frustrating, disappointing grind.

So true, still getting upset thinking about it :twisted: :evil:
  • pjblaze
    95 posts
    edited September 2014
    Easter was awful due to having to put a load of work in to not even get all the prizes.

This event isn't bad as such, it's just stupidly long. What was the point in making it over a month long when it's probably the event that takes the shortest times to complete. If new content was released once a week it would make more sense. I think i'm actually playing the game less than when there's not an event on as i just find it annoying now.

Imo the best for gameplay was Stone Cutters. Halloween a close 2nd as i must have earned 200+ donuts from that event.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Seems like **** get the amounts of votes it does due to it being the most recent in some people's memories. :P

But really, Easter due to the sheer amount of people I saw quit the game and leave the forums in a show of protest, is undeniable the worst event. You **** haters can complain all you want... but most of you ain't quitting because of it. You're not that outraged.
  • bryggeri845
    8 posts
    edited September 2014
    **** is very fun and imaginative and it showed quite a bit of craftmanship of programmers and artists. I am wildly enjoying it, but I am a pretty easygoing player, so no glitches exploited, no donuts... just patience. But I agree when people say that it's too un-simpsons. I like simpsons cause they portrait "normality", so to speak. That's why I don't like the last 3-4 seasons as well. Where's the "sitcom vibe"? Is Homer ever going to go to work again? Are they ever going to live a normal life again, without being all frills and hollywood-style turns of events? But I digress.

Easter 2014 was baaaaaaaaaad, I concur. Very frustrating, confusing, I think I have NEVER done so little in a timed event.
    Bad, bad, bad.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    IMO My worst days are not always the bad days themselves but the days that lead up to them setting it all in motion. I remember those days more because they are what started events leading up to the ultimate issue.

Therefore I have to say that Christmas 2013 was the worse because that was the beginning of the end because it introduced a feature in the game that became the most hated feature ever introduced in the game the gambling wheel.

It eventually culminated in the ultimate disaster but the first is always the worse because it will always stand out in my memory as the beginning of the end.

Remember by the time Easter hit we had already been dealing with the gambling wheel for two events so it was no surprise. The fact that it was one or three never mattered because we saw it coming.

Luckily EA did come here(forum) and realized how bad the gambling wheels were and got rid of them.

• jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited September 2014
    rolybert7 wrote:
    IMO My worst days are not always the bad days themselves but the days that lead up to them setting it all in motion. I remember those days more because they are what started events leading up to the ultimate issue.

Interesting comment. Since **** I have almost entirely stopped playing the game. So for me depending what comes next this could end up being the thing I look back to as what made me move on from the game.
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited September 2014
    I'm surprised Valentines 2014 isn't getting more votes, although I agree, Easter this year was the worst. Too bad the system didn't allow ranking (first, second and third). I am a bit bored with ****, but I wouldn't say it's the very worst. It's a solid 3rd worse for me.

And I agree with posts from other threads, PLEASE EA let us dump some of our unwanted "prizes" from earlier events. I have a lot of that junk in inventory, and never intend to use it. It's annoying to have to scroll past it, and it's taking up server space. No cash needed, just let us dump the stuff!
  • mcaudio348
    23 posts
    edited September 2014
    Here's my two cents: (Started Playing Xmas 2013)

Easter was the worst as far as game play and ability/chance of receiving the prizes. Although, some of the prizes were really bad (fences, gate, egg piles), the others were really good and desirable, (Bobbins,Fiestas,Blocko,Father etc).

Valentines Event was easier but the prizes were just terrible and worthless.

X-Mas was better, more of a grind, decent prizes if you could get them all. I missed Costco and still want it.

**** is what it is. Finished in two weeks and haven't done anything with it since. I think it was a good idea to hold us over till Halloween but I don't know if they expected everyone to be finished so quickly. If they kept it as a 4 week event, I think peoples perception of it would be different.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    Seems like **** get the amounts of votes it does due to it being the most recent in some people's memories. :P

But really, Easter due to the sheer amount of people I saw quit the game and leave the forums in a show of protest, is undeniable the worst event. You **** haters can complain all you want... but most of you ain't quitting because of it. You're not that outraged.
    Very true. I've never lost more neighbors than I did during Easter. Close to twenty of them just up and quit. This event I've lost two, perhaps three (don't know if one of them has quit or is in the hospital again, so I haven't deleted him.) There were multiple reports here about fully half of a friend list quitting. App store ratings reflected the protests, as well.
  • Ataccounting
    84 posts
    edited September 2014
    Not even close, Easter all the way.

Spent over 1,000 donuts on baskets for neighbours, grinded all day every day and still often did not earn enough eggs to spin the gold wheel even once during the day. Finished with about 36 hours to spare using the last donuts I had. Swore off buying donuts for good (I kept that up until the Gil sale, but even then I only bought one load instead of the 2-3 I normally bought).

A third of my neighboursstopped playing, some came back after the event but most did not. People I'd been neighbours with since Whacking Day (when Android first got neighbours) stopped completely.

**** is a grind sure. It is dull. Completed in 2 weeks without spending any donuts on nerds or Cheaters. But now I'm working on personal targets (get Homer to level 100 for example) which keep me playing.

Edit: Bad speeling
  • vic147
    624 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:

Very true. I've never lost more neighbors than I did during Easter. Close to twenty of them just up and quit. This event I've lost two, perhaps three (don't know if one of them has quit or is in the hospital again, so I haven't deleted him.) There were multiple reports here about fully half of a friend list quitting. App store ratings reflected the protests, as well.

I also lost over 30 neighbors on Easter, and also got a few who wrote some angry messages on their Springfields,
    On this event, I have over 10 friends that refuse to play, they visit daily, and they always have buildings for us to tap
    except houses which are not reconstructed, they visiting more KL than SP. Their gold count is less than 500 in general
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.