EA Forums - Banner

WORST event ever: let's settle this

Replies

• letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited September 2014
    After WD we agreed not to discuss WD again.
    WD pales in comparison to Easter. WD was the grind to end all grinds, but at least all the prizes were legitimately obtainable. And they were almost entirely GOOD prizes that people wanted. Easter was just a big EFF YOU to players.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    vic147 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:
    Seems like **** get the amounts of votes it does due to it being the most recent in some people's memories. :P

But really, Easter due to the sheer amount of people I saw quit the game and leave the forums in a show of protest, is undeniable the worst event. You **** haters can complain all you want... but most of you ain't quitting because of it. You're not that outraged.
    Very true. I've never lost more neighbors than I did during Easter. Close to twenty of them just up and quit. This event I've lost two, perhaps three (don't know if one of them has quit or is in the hospital again, so I haven't deleted him.) There were multiple reports here about fully half of a friend list quitting. App store ratings reflected the protests, as well.

I also lost over 30 neighbors on Easter, and also got a few who wrote some angry messages on their Springfields,
    On this event, I have over 10 friends that refuse to play, they visit daily, and they always have buildings for us to tap
    except houses which are not reconstructed, they visiting more KL than SP. Their gold count is less than 500 in general
    Yep... its settled. :mrgreen:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Personally i voted Easter

Really didnt like that update due to the box/spin situation, just thinking about it brings back horrible memories :evil:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited September 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    vic147 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:
    Seems like **** get the amounts of votes it does due to it being the most recent in some people's memories. :P

But really, Easter due to the sheer amount of people I saw quit the game and leave the forums in a show of protest, is undeniable the worst event. You **** haters can complain all you want... but most of you ain't quitting because of it. You're not that outraged.
    Very true. I've never lost more neighbors than I did during Easter. Close to twenty of them just up and quit. This event I've lost two, perhaps three (don't know if one of them has quit or is in the hospital again, so I haven't deleted him.) There were multiple reports here about fully half of a friend list quitting. App store ratings reflected the protests, as well.

I also lost over 30 neighbors on Easter, and also got a few who wrote some angry messages on their Springfields,
    On this event, I have over 10 friends that refuse to play, they visit daily, and they always have buildings for us to tap
    except houses which are not reconstructed, they visiting more KL than SP. Their gold count is less than 500 in general
    Yep... its settled. :mrgreen:

Jury is still out for a few people, but I respect your opinion.
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    As a freemium player I'm really glad that **** is not that heavy with premium stuff, unless you want to expand Bart and Lisa's castles too much. I wonder why so many people voted it over Easter, unless they must have managed to get lucky and get all the prices so soon.
  • botiacelli8
    165 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Easter was better than ****. At the end of Easter I have some good deco and one top tier character, Shary bobbins, one pretty great character father Sean, and one crap character hugs bunny. At the end of **** I will have 1 or two decos that don't fit into my town and a crap character, barbarian, that is not from the show. **** is the worst.

*edit rope to top
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm surprised Valentines 2014 isn't getting more votes, although I agree, Easter this year was the worst. Too bad the system didn't allow ranking (first, second and third). I am a bit bored with ****, but I wouldn't say it's the very worst. It's a solid 3rd worse for me.

And I agree with posts from other threads, PLEASE EA let us dump some of our unwanted "prizes" from earlier events. I have a lot of that junk in inventory, and never intend to use it. It's annoying to have to scroll past it, and it's taking up server space. No cash needed, just let us dump the stuff!

Or give us a separate "junk" box to put it into. I'd like to be able to get holiday themed stuff out of my main inventory, but want to have it so that when that same holiday comes around next year, I can go digging around for it. Same with some of the other stuff I don't want to keep scrolling past.

My 'inventory' box would be for things I want to keep "handy". My junk box would be for things I want to keep "available". (Did that make any sense?)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Personally i voted Easter

Really didnt like that update due to the box/spin situation, just thinking about it brings back horrible memories :evil:
    As you can see, you're not in the minority.

I remember you recounting your daughter's frustration as well. She and I had very similar experiences.
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I voted for Easter. Very bad event. Only on luck based.
  • ladycatlow
    1010 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Easter would have to get my vote. The glitches with the baskets that made them unfillable for most of the event was unfair, especially for those who bought baskets which ended up broken. You had to constantly grind for a whole day to get enough eggs for one box (which in my daughters town was a nightmare as her zapper didn't work!), to try and then find a working basket in a friend town. Then once you had spent all day doing that you could open a box and win most frustratingly half of the original colour eggs back again. It was dire!

It did have it's good points tho, the prizes were awesome. They do look really good in the towns, even the fences look good to have a bit of variety from the other ones we have. I do like the pastel ones with the sanctuary. I absolutely loved the way they made our springfields look so pretty with the ribbons and the bees, those bits were really thought out well.

I hope the wheels never make a return, the way my neighbourhood declined was really sad to see.
  • philippama998
    739 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Easter. That was a terrible and painful experience. I found pretty much all decorations that came with it ugly, the wheels were so frustrating that I was close to put the game down for good. A second event like this and I am out.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Clearly, **** is the 2nd worst event ever, nothing wrong with silver
  • johncolombo
    11603 posts Senior Moderator
    edited September 2014
    patwright4 wrote:
    I will be referring to Easter as "The Event That Shalt Not Be Named" from now on. Anyway, The Event That Shalt Not Be Named was my first event and really turned me off from the game. The bunnies were easy to zap and the changing of eggs was stupid.

Maybe we could refer to it as The Scottish Event?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited September 2014
    Well, I've only been around for 2 events and with SC being one of them, **** would be the obvious worst... but I still don't think I have enough data to make a decision on that. If I am allowed to vote based on what I have heard about one or two of the events I missed, then I have already made up my mind.

Neuroheart, any objections to that?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    absolutely loved the way they made our springfields look so pretty with the ribbons and the bees
    Yes, such a bright and shiny veneer for such dark of times.

I actually liked a few of the decorations, as well. What I don't like was that I couldn't decide how many of each to get. I've found uses for many of them, with just a few things remaining in storage, but maybe I wanted more beach towels. Maybe I wanted more of the pastel fences (without simultaneously wanting to smash them for being in my one gold box for days.) Maybe I didn't want a dozen egg piles. Just... et cetera. I prefer the system we usually have, where we can just buy the decorations and win prizes off a track.
    patwright4 wrote:
    I will be referring to Easter as "The Event That Shalt Not Be Named" from now on.
    I think it would be funnier to call it The Macbeth Event :twisted:
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    Well, I've only been around for 2 events and with SC being one of them, **** would be the obvious worst... but I still don't think I have enough data to make a decision on that. If I am allowed to vote based on what I have heard about one or two of the events I missed, then I have already made up my mind.

Neuroheart, any objections to that?
    You can vote on whatever criteria you are comfortable with. If you have any questions about past events, there should be folks who can answer them. If you've already gotten enough information from previous discussion, that's fine as well.
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Easter of course. That was hideous. I actually don't mind **** event. It's just way too long.
  • cbratushesky
    144 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Easter was awful. Very few got all the prizes but many of us have a ridiculous amount of fences.
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    patwright4 wrote:
    I will be referring to Easter as "The Event That Shalt Not Be Named" from now on.
    I think it would be funnier to call it The Macbeth Event :twisted:

Macdemort?

Voldebeth?

Edits: got lost in a sea of quotation marks
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited September 2014
    It's Easter hands down. Just from a technical standpoint it was a sodding disaster. I've got no problem with the wheel, but it seemed to work really well at christmas because there were LOADS of opportunities to earn wheel spins.
  • ncwriter
    13 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Anything with a stupid wheel for prizes, I spent money but still have bad luck with them!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.