EA Forums - Banner

Friends Visit - Tapping Kwik-E Mart?

2Next

Replies

• Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    zoephoto wrote:
    If I'm on a money spree, I'll also just click on the first things I see, since I don't care about coins anymore.... but....

I may have been the guilty one in your town today :oops: It was the first time I had seen it, and it's so spread out I did scroll around it for a bit, and when I was done I clicked on the first 3 things wherever I ended up because I still had a lot of neighborhoods to go and didn't want to risk a crash. I don't remember if I clicked a Kwik-e mart but it's definitely possible! lol I especially like your corner with organized waste :)

That makes perfect sense. I figured there was probably a cash grab because one Kwik-E mart is within quick-scrolling distance. Tourism may explain some of the long distance Qwik-E Marts getting tapped! Thanks for the compliment, I probably spent more time organizing that garbage than I did on most parts of my city! lol. I can now rest easier with a perfectly sane explanation!

@H1Roadblock - invite sent!
  • GKpiggy
    148 posts
    edited January 2013
    jehenyen wrote:
    Once I finished my coin collecting sprint, I went back to vandalizing. However, when coin collecting, I always looked for orange or white houses first because personally, I am really happy when people choose those to tap on an orange or white building because on workdays, I'm gone from the house about 10-12 hours (depending on traffic) so having a little help on the timers is nice to make up for missed taps. Since I was always so pleased by it, it never even entered my head that it would bug people. Then again, what this game does best and most gloriously is lets you embrace OCD so I totally get it now that I think about it.

However, take away coin collecting and I'm all about people vandalizing instead so no worries to anyone on my friend list. I'm armed with spray paint. :)

The thing is, people can STILL keep to their schedules. If you planned to log in at Xam to click houses, they will still be there for the clicking. If, however, you log in earlier some of them might be ready then. You don't HAVE to click them earlier :) Absent vandalizable stuff I always go for the highest value house to reset the clock.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Often very guilty of this with my neighbours. When on a coin run, I tend to adopt a smash and grab approach and then go back and have a leisurely look at my neighbours' towns later.

I only started doing this when they introduced the coin trick. I have found friends that have more elaborate towns tend to crash my game when I have more of a look around.

Anyone think that the coin trick might disappear with the next update?
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    Often very guilty of this with my neighbours. When on a coin run, I tend to adopt a smash and grab approach and then go back and have a leisurely look at my neighbours' towns later.

I only started doing this when they introduced the coin trick. I have found friends that have more elaborate towns tend to crash my game when I have more of a look around.

I hope not! I'm poor right now. Trying to buy land up but it's not cheap.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:

Despite the lack of moderation, someone at EA (from time to time) has to be on here looking at things, lurking in the dark. There were plenty of topics on this, so I could see it disappearing. I'll make sure I have what it needs to beforehand.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited January 2013
    That makes perfect sense. I figured there was probably a cash grab because one Kwik-E mart is within quick-scrolling distance. Tourism may explain some of the long distance Qwik-E Marts getting tapped! Thanks for the compliment, I probably spent more time organizing that garbage than I did on most parts of my city! lol. I can now rest easier with a perfectly sane explanation!

Ha, glad to ease your mind! :wink: The waste collecting did look like a lot of work! I also may have to borrow your pool idea later on :mrgreen:
  • Roonil2
    215 posts
    edited January 2013
    I think I may have been guilty of one of those Kwik E Mart taps. The first time I was looking around your town my finger slipped & tapped it by mistake. I was mortified. :oops:

<---- Hey my 200th post. Cool. 8)
  • childeharr
    235 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I think there is contrary opinion on what some people like tapped and what they avoid. I have read several posts in which players want visitors to tap their blue, pink, orange, or white houses because they want the clocks for these houses to be reset with the tap. If you are not one of these people, then you've got to have something available for your visitors to tap (other than those houses) when they enter your town. I've read about some people objecting to visitors tapping the longer term houses, but not proving anything else otherwise. This doesn't seem reasonable to me. I really don't care what my visitors tap on. Isn't this the point of having neighbors? Don't tell me you don't tap whatever is available in your neighbors' towns (especially, when you are on a money run).

Childeharr
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Roonil2 wrote:
    I think I may have been guilty of one of those Kwik E Mart taps. The first time I was looking around your town my finger slipped & tapped it by mistake. I was mortified. :oops:

<---- Hey my 200th post. Cool. 8)

lol...i forgot about an accidental, panic inducing tap...which I've never done before (sarcasm)...I have gotten pretty cocky with my movements in others' cities; I cruise around pretty quickly for a while, then get knocked back down to earth by an accidental tap. Another bad situation is when you tap a brown house or something short when you're going for a graffiti.

"The fingers you have used to tap are too fat. To obtain a special tapping wand, please mash the screen with your palm now."
  • H1_ROADBLOK
    2884 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    "The fingers you have used to tap are too fat. To obtain a special tapping wand, please mash the screen with your palm now."

It's not working... I need a wand! :lol: I've typed this with Siri.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    childeharr wrote:
    I think there is contrary opinion on what some people like tapped and what they avoid. I have read several posts in which players want visitors to tap their blue, pink, orange, or white houses because they want the clocks for these houses to be reset with the tap. If you are not one of these people, then you've got to have something available for your visitors to tap (other than those houses) when they enter your town. I've read about some people objecting to visitors tapping the longer term houses, but not proving anything else otherwise. This doesn't seem reasonable to me. I really don't care what my visitors tap on. Isn't this the point of having neighbors? Don't tell me you don't tap whatever is available in your neighbors' towns (especially, when you are on a money run).

Childeharr

I mostly feel the same way. When on a cash run, my first choice is to vandalize because it helps my friends with their Righteousness and they get cash they wouldn't otherwise get. When my friends visit my town, I prefer to get vandalized for the same reason. If I'm not vandalized, I really don't care which building is tapped. I figure it's their choice since they are taking the time to visit :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.