EA Forums - Banner

Frink from mystery box?

It's possible to get Frink from a Homer Buddha, which sometimes show up in misery boxes. The odds are infinitesimally low, but it's happened.

Replies

• scatteredroot
    47 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I picked up Frink from a Homer Buddha. Squeaky Voice Teen however came from a mystery box that came from a Homer Buddha. It was awesome.
  • RichardJH11
    211 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks guys...it doesn't seem that any other premium characters are available through the mystery box/Homer buddha?
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited September 2014
    Only Squeaky Voiced Teen is in the mystery box. The buddah houses both Frink and Moleman.

You can win a buddah from the mystery box with a 1% chance (Squeaky Voiced Teen is 4%).

So the post probably meant that they won a buddah and from the buddah won Frink. So instead of writing it that way they said they got it from the mystery box as that was how the flow was triggered (weekly mystery box).
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited September 2014
    I can speak from my personal experience. I have won a total of 3 homer buddhas from mystery boxes over the past nearly 2 years of tapping. From one of those homer buddhas, I was lucky enough to win Frink. The odds of extremely long, but I was extremely fortunate.

I am holding off on purchasing Moleman, on the very long odds I can win him as well. Probably not going to happen, but unless they update the prizes you can win from either the mystery box or buddha, then I will hold off to have something to hope for and look forward to the possibility of.
  • toddestan
    179 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    If you do buy Moleman now and you win him from a Homer Buddha later you'll get your 60 donuts back.

You can also win Hank Scorpio (Volcano Lair) and Duffman (Duff Brewery) from a Homer Buddha but the odds are 1 in 100000 and 1 in 50000 respectively. Considering the odds of a Homer Buddha from a Mystery Box is 1 in 100 those are well into winning the lottery territory in terms of odds.

• GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited September 2014
    bradyc79 wrote:
    I can speak from my personal experience. I have won a total of 3 homer buddhas from mystery boxes over the past nearly 2 years of tapping. From one of those homer buddhas, I was lucky enough to win Frink. The odds of extremely long, but I was extremely fortunate.

I am holding off on purchasing Moleman, on the very long odds I can win him as well. Probably not going to happen, but unless they update the prizes you can win from either the mystery box or buddha, then I will hold off to have something to hope for and look forward to the possibility of.

Awesome!

In my 2 years of tapping (August 2012 user), I've only won 2 buddahs from the mystery box (both within the last 6 months). I got a green dumpster and I think it's 10 white picket fences. I bought Frink with my first donut purchase in Sept 2012, I had no idea these forums existed until around Whacking Day.
  • terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    You will have better luck winning Donuts over several weeks/months of weekly mystery box that you can then use to buy Frink than winning it. I have never had a Budhha and i think if i get one it will just be like the apple tree or more fences...It took almost a year to get SVT and since then i have won 30 donuts a couple times now
  • Sleeping_Sun05
    118 posts
    edited September 2014
    I picked up Frink from a Homer Buddha. Squeaky Voice Teen however came from a mystery box that came from a Homer Buddha. It was awesome.

Ditto - the last bit of good luck I've had in this game! :D
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I got mine through a Homer Buddha
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Frink is a good character to have
    if you want him buy him and don't wait to win him because if you ever do win him you will win your 150 donuts back anyways.
  • avg_joe_c
    67 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I've gotten the Homer Buddha a few times, but he always seems to contain a Mystery Box which then contains some hedges. :(
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Frink = Happiness. Obtain Frink at all costs.
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    toddestan wrote:
    If you do buy Moleman now and you win him from a Homer Buddha later you'll get your 60 donuts back.

You can also win Hank Scorpio (Volcano Lair) and Duffman (Duff Brewery) from a Homer Buddha but the odds are 1 in 100000 and 1 in 50000 respectively. Considering the odds of a Homer Buddha from a Mystery Box is 1 in 100 those are well into winning the lottery territory in terms of odds.

Are you sure? SVT won after purchase just sits unusable in your inventory taunting you and reminding you that if you had waited another year, you'd have saved donuts.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    GeminiTina wrote:
    toddestan wrote:

Are you sure? SVT won after purchase just sits unusable in your inventory taunting you and reminding you that if you had waited another year, you'd have saved donuts.
    This is apparently a glitch caused by his ability to go to Krustyland. I haven't heard of it happening with the other winnable characters. Also, several players have gotten their thirty donuts if they report the issue.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited September 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    GeminiTina wrote:
    toddestan wrote:

This is apparently a glitch caused by his ability to go to Krustyland. I haven't heard of it happening with the other winnable characters. Also, several players have gotten their thirty donuts if they report the issue.

Correct, either don't send SVT to Krustyland, or if you by chance happen to win a buddah - don't open it until you return Moleman to Springfield.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!