EA Forums - Banner

What 8" or 10" Android tablet do you use?

Prev1
I have a Nexus 7 and generally the game runs fine on it. I wonder why it's so inconsistent :?

Replies

• Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Sorry I can't answer on the Android tablet. I use the 16gig iPad mini, and never had a problem.
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    My wife and I bought Galaxy tablets (7.0) specifically for this game, and rarely have an issue. I was having a problem yesterday, but a reinstall cleared all of my issues up instantly.
  • empathy77
    4178 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I traded in my iPad 2 for an iPad air last holiday season, I love it. TSTO looks and plays great on it
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    My wife and I bought Galaxy tablets (7.0) specifically for this game, and rarely have an issue. I was having a problem yesterday, but a reinstall cleared all of my issues up instantly.

I have it but it does lag a bit when moving around the town at times... :roll:
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited September 2014

I have it but it does lag a bit when moving around the town at times... :roll:

I have about 5700+ items in my town, and I was getting the lag, and crash, and lock up too, but although I've reinstalled it before due to minor issues, yesterday's reinstall made my game play better than ever. I have 30 meg internet (although it normally runs 40-50 meg) and a decent router. We've had routers in the past that caused issues for my sons playing on XBOX Live, but the latest router makes them the fastest in the groups, so that may factor into some problems.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18123 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    ASUS TF101.

Old bugger, but working fine.
  • Ecl3t1c
    63 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Nexus 10, unplayable after KitKat (4.4) update.

Tegra NOTE 7, currently on Jellybean (4.3), my primary TSTO device. Refusing KitKat update.

Samsung Galaxy S5, TSTO is playable on KitKat 4.4.4.

I've tested other Samsung 10" tablets and they all have the same problem as the Nexus 10.

I was tempted to get the Shield tablet (I already have the Shield portable) until I asked on the Nvidia forums whether TSTO would run. Responders said that TSTO would not run as you just found out.

I believe this is an Android problem that EA is unwilling or unable to address.

• ZennGlenn
    1716 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Been on SG3 & 4 mobiles & now recently checking out Samsung tabs; all work decent aside from continued friend visit /list issues...
    Interesting inconsistencies w/others experiences, as usual :roll:

...@ElianSukke180: the Ace V. avatar rules :!: :twisted:
  • edited September 2014
    i have the galaxy 7 and the only problem i have is stuttering that causes me to restart the tablet if I come to close to the max memory. I haven't bought a memory card for it yet.

the other problem with the tablet was the sound going out. It required me to download an app to fix it after googling it. pretty pathetic imo. Leave it up to samsung to have an issue with sound. every tv i have in my house is samsung and while the picture is fantastic the sound is horrid.

My wife has an ipad and has never had a single issue with the game in well over a year.
  • cstroud33
    59 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Ecl3t1c wrote:

I believe this is an Android problem that EA is unwilling or unable to address.

Yeah I think so too.

I should point out that my Nexus is the 2012 model. This morning I flashed it back to 4.2.2 and the game ran great with minimal lag. Then Google auto-updated it to 4.3 and it's unplayable.

I will not get an iPad because:
    I don't have $500.
    The iPad speaker sucks.
    You can't add an SD card for storage to an iPad.

I have an iPad Air 10" at work and it does run the game great but I just can't deal with the limitations at home.

A while back I bought a cheapo Motorola GoPhone at BestBuy for $50 just to use as an MP3/Google Play audio player. That dang thing runs Tapped Out like a champ...even better than the iPad Air. It has a Snapdragon processor and Android KitKat. Screen is tiny (it's a phone!) but it's a good temporary solution until I get another tablet. Point being, I think I will try the LG G Pad which has the same processor and OS, but with an 8" screen and SD card support.
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I use an iPad mini 16gb. Great tablet, highly recommend, absolutely no issues with it what so ever. Personally I'd suggest buying one, they are only around £219, and with the third gen coming out in October the second gen will be discounted.
    Also a highly secure and stable OS. And we have bendy phones - who isn't innovative now, eh?
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I play on my Ipad Air 128g. Great graphics and plenty of space.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I use a Lenovo Ideapad. I love it.

That said, while I have TSTO on it, I tend to play it more on my phone. Go figure.
  • cstroud33
    59 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Gotta love Apple people :mrgreen:

"What ANDROID tablet do you use?"

"AN IPAD!"

Bless their hearts.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    cstroud33 wrote:

"AN IPAD!"

Bless their hearts.

Aww!!! Thanks we love you too.
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    cstroud33 wrote:

"AN IPAD!"

Bless their hearts.

The Apple users are like cult members. My sister and my son are prime examples. That's all they talk about. Nobody wants to sit next to them.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • rmb256982
    67 posts
    edited September 2014
    I went the cheap Chinese tablet route. I have a " Cube talk 9x with 32g storage. " The only problem I have is that sometimes I get an error screen telling me the game needs at least 10 megs to run, even tho I have hundreds of megs free. Since my other tablet did that sometimes too, I don't think it's my tablet. Also I have NEVER had any problems with my Cube tablet. Tapped Out just sails on through with no lag at all. Of course having 8 cores running at 1.7Ghz on an iPad Air Retina display with 2g ram probably helps a lot.
    If y'all are looking for a good tablet, at a good price, check this one out. I bought mine from Pompmall. I received it in 6 days from China, with a 32gb micro SD card, for $291.82 total. -Best purchase ever.
  • theccrose820
    31 posts
    edited September 2014
    I use a nexus 7 running android L and have not had a problem yet.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    8" Tab 4, and I'm happy with it, although I kind of regret not going with the 8" Tab S just for that beautiful high-resolution colour. Oh well, its pretty disposable hardware. I'll upgrade when it breaks, in at least 2 years.

Perfect size and weight for my virtual pinball obsession. TSTO has periods of frequent crashing, which sometimes forces me to resort to my old ipod to get things done. Most of the time though, its fine, but still, its pretty unacceptable. Its the only game that ever has these problems, and if it weren't for the Simpson's license this games Play Store rating would be abysmal.

Thats my opinion. I'm not sorry.
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited September 2014
    Moto Xoom. Can't believe it's almost 4 years old now. Performance obviously lags and the battery is finally showing its age, but the device is still a trooper. 32GB and HDMI-out are great features. I will admit that the screen is virtually useless outside in the sun.

TSTO mostly runs alright, but some of the more massive towns don't pan so well.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!