EA Forums - Banner

the old harp of death has just hit me!

Prev1
Some have had that here and they contacted EA and they were able to fix it.
Btw, regarding the person who helped you, did their name start with a B and end with 13?
If so, they were very helpful to me and my wife when we had a major issue.

Replies

• modtl
    77 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    No it was an eBay seller. Very stupid of me and I can't contact EA as he claims he inserted 50,000+ donuts into my account. I only wanted a hundred or so. I'm in a lose-lose scenario now. My town is still there, I've logged onto another game and I can see it on the friends but I cannot log into it anymore. After initial contact the eBay seller has gone quiet. He claims he's never experiences any problems before.
  • XsizterX
    232 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    modtl wrote:
    No it was an eBay seller. Very stupid of me and I can't contact EA as he claims he inserted 50,000+ donuts into my account. I only wanted a hundred or so. I'm in a lose-lose scenario now. My town is still there, I've logged onto another game and I can see it on the friends but I cannot log into it anymore. After initial contact the eBay seller has gone quiet. He claims he's never experiences any problems before.

:shock: 50 pffff...50 tousand fffffff...freaking donuts . "Faints"
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    modtl wrote:

Sorry to hear that.
  • modtl
    77 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    And most I would have quickly got rid of as I would never want that many in the first place. I wanted Krusty's mansion and with the EA Shop connection issue I was worried I wouldn't get it. It often says 'connection failure'.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    There is a sticky thread here that warns about "third party" donuts. Presumably, this is why :?
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Unfortunately, discussion of this subject will most likely result in thread deletion. Again, sorry to hear about your experience. Before writing your town off, I'd still call EA, after putting in a ticket, and see what they can do for you.
    Best of luck.
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Unfortunately, discussion of this subject will most likely result in thread deletion. Again, sorry to hear about your experience. Before writing your town off, I'd still call EA, after putting in a ticket, and see what they can do for you.
    Best of luck.

OP, I hope EA can fix it for you!

Barry, you're probably right about the thread deletion BUT I think it does more service to leave it here. EA can accomplish a lot by letting us see the horror stories.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Best of luck.

OP, I hope EA can fix it for you!

Barry, you're probably right about the thread deletion BUT I think it does more service to leave it here. EA can accomplish a lot by letting us see the horror stories.

I was thinking the exact same thing after I posted. I'm too scared of losing my game OR, even worse to me, taking the fun out of it by having anything I want, whenever I want.
    But yes, this thread would definitely scare me away if I were on the fence about trying this.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Sorry to hear! I feel sorry for you now.. :?
  • modtl
    77 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    How do I open a ticket with EA please?

I did create a new town and the folks on reddit inserted all the old items into it for me but to be honest I'm no longer interested. My town was perfect and I don't want another one.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    The solution that people seem to be getting from EA is a restore from a previous backup. You'd lose some progress, but you'd be back in your town. Other than that, you'd have to hope that EA will solve the problem and apply a fix for all broken towns.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    modtl wrote:
    I did create a new town and the folks on reddit inserted all the old items into it for me
    Now the thread is almost certainly going to be deleted.
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    In before the lock.
    tumblr_n5nigprmyv1r8zs9so1_400.gif
  • epitluck
    21 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I have the issue opening the donut shop sometimes,
    But it's usually just the iPhone because the apps (on phone) won't work Either. So just turn phone off and on

So you were going to buy donuts the legit way but had issues so instead tried to buy 50,000 under the table?
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I got screwed out of $50 by EA when trying to buy donuts once. Google Play store bailed me out and someone from EA also gave me half the number of donuts I bought, but that wasn't the first tim for me that e there was a glitch buying donuts the official way. It's frustrating when WE are required to follow rules but the COMPANY doesn't.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I had problems the last two times I tried to buy a golden scratcher, iTunes wasn't syncing with EA completely so the transactions were lost en route. Either EA and the company needs to get better synchronization or something more in-depth is needed.

And sorry you got screwed, OP. But sometimes offers are too good to be true and it might be a case of taking this up with eBay not EA.
  • modtl
    77 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    I had problems the last two times I tried to buy a golden scratcher, iTunes wasn't syncing with EA completely so the transactions were lost en route. Either EA and the company needs to get better synchronization or something more in-depth is needed.

And sorry you got screwed, OP. But sometimes offers are too good to be true and it might be a case of taking this up with eBay not EA.
    I had my money back from the seller but there's 100s of listings. I hate doing things illegally and hope I could buy the next load from EA legit. I had asked for only 100 to be added but he ignored that and put in 50,000 which means if I ever get back into my game (unlikely) I'll have to a quick way to dispose of them .... quickly. For some reason my Kindle Fire hates connecting to the EA store. People are continuing to try to get into my game for me but the harp is pretty persistent. One said it's worse than when it was a widespread problem and this seller really messed up my game. He must have used some really dodgy software to cause this. EA need to clamp down on these eBay sellers, they're worse than the Gamezino people if they can do this to a game.
  • modtl
    77 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Brevis45 wrote:
    modtl wrote:
    EA need to clamp down on these eBay sellers, they're worse than the Gamezino people if they can do this to a game.

It is NOT EA's fault it is folk like you after an easier cheating way to play the game. Your taking away money that should by law be EA's to help pay the folk that develop the game. I hope you have learned your lesson. Might be an idea for you to read this.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10065749.page
    If you read my original post, I only resorted to this as EA's shop ceased working. I always buy my donuts legit. Until then I had less than a million cash and 20 donuts all earned legit through levelling up and Clash update. I am not a cheater, just someone who didn't want to lose out on a limited item and in a brief moment of madness used an eBay seller. If I ever get back into my game I'll be buying EA donuts instantly and getting rid of these ill gotten ones. However it doesn't look I'll get back into my game.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited September 2014
    Sorry about your luck but it probably would have been best to contact EA when you had problems purchasing donuts to begin with.
  • rmb256982
    67 posts
    edited September 2014
    You are a thief, and you know that you are a thief. You just want people to feel bad for you when it blew up in your face. You knew ahead of time that you were trying to acquire donuts that you did not pay for legitimately. You deserve what happened to your game. I hope you also lost all of the real money that you spent on this game. Bottom line, you brought this down on yourself.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!