EA Forums - Banner

What was the worst part of ****?

Prev13
I went with relevance to the show. I've said in another thread that there is going to be very little to show for this event in my Springfield when it's over.

My personal experience is that it was easy and I completed a few weeks ago, currently have 120k gold and even more elixer, yet so many of my neighbours are only just completing, or are still under 38k gold. Generally the people who post on this message board are more than your average tapper - people that play an awful lot. I think the views on here can be skewed sometimes compared with the majority.

Replies

• allthingsmed
    56 posts
    edited October 2014
    Definitely the longevity.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited October 2014
    This disaster? Are you * mental? It was fine. The only "problem" was it being too long with not enough reason to keep playing past the final prize.

But it's DEFINITELY NOT a disaster.
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited October 2014
    This disaster? Are you * mental? It was fine. The only "problem" was it being too long with not enough reason to keep playing past the final prize.

But it's DEFINITELY NOT a disaster.

Agreed, defo not a disaster, just ran for too long imho
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I've enjoyed the event, but it's just gone on too long.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Calling it a disaster is definitely a bit much. My real life friends who play just shrug about it and say it's lasted too long. I'm in that same boat. I think they were hoping to attract a lot of new players, and maybe that's why it was so long, but it just didn't need to be 45 days.
  • XsizterX
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It was a nice little event abble to visit other people's towns etc...

But the rest was Stupid.

The Prizes were a change of phase but it was not really that special.

So if i could rate this event i would give it a 5.5/10

It is a better score than easter 0/10.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It just lasted tool long.
  • patwright4
    98 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Here is why I referred to this event as a disaster:

I'm playing The Simpsons Tapped Out, not Clash of Clans.

It has turned people off from the game.

All of the stuff is aesthetically displeasing IMO. With so many possibilities from the show, it seems silly to do something random like this.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    The biggest problem for me was that this event went on forever. It seemed more like a chore to raid towns and defend my buildings from invaders. The prizes were boring and hardly had anything to do with the show. I don't even have any desire to keep the castles up in my town after everything is said and done.

I'm guessing that EA listened to people's complaints that they couldn't finish the past events in time. Easter especially probably played a big role in the excessive time we had to get everything.
  • empathy77
    4189 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I didnt like the fact that every time you visited a neighbors town it would pause for a second and then zoom you over to a castle without letting you stop it. When visiting 100 neighbors, this really adds up and gets annoying. I just want to tap on some houses and give my neighbors FP's
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    The lack of relevance and that it continued a good two week or so too long. The catapult was a great throwback to the beer baron episode.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited October 2014
    The glitch obviously. It's due to it if the event felt so long and everyone got 100k gold.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited October 2014
    The event was not a "disaster". "Disaster" would imply that **** actually hurt TSTO more than it helped and I think people actually came back to play **** for however long that may be. Easter now was a "disaster" with negative publicity and people quitting left and right.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Easter now was a "disaster" with negative publicity and people quitting left and right.
    So many neighbors lost. So many app store ratings dropped. Those were dark days, indeed.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited October 2014
    Definitely the longevity.

+1

This event had the virtue of being easy to complete and nobody can whine about not getting all the items.

However, at this point it feels like a prison sentence.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Voted other due to the lack of quality of the prizes. But maybe I've been spoiled by the first Xmas, Halloween, and Whacking Day
  • checkeredman
    79 posts
    edited October 2014
    While on one hand I can appreciate the attempt, I do feel that **** was kind of a let down. we did get a couple new levels, but I don't count those as part of the event--they don't impact/influence the **** quest/storyline at all.

While I enjoy pretty much any new content (skins, characters, decorations and buildings) I was pleased by the event for a) adding new elements to the game and b) bringing back older, previously released, limited time items as well. Though those items seemed old choices in relation to the theme of the **** event, any chance to buy old limited time items is cool by me.

Overall this event felt lackluster. Mostly because of the odd gameplay (attacking/defending) and the tie to a non-Simpsons property. There are so many event possibilities within the context of the show itself that bringing in something like this just felt...unnecessary I suppose.

I'm by no means a completest, so there are premium items I passed on. Mostly because they didn't feel relevant to the Simpsons itself. I've never played Clash of Clans so perhaps some of these elements are a nod to items/stuff in that game, but that in and of itself isn't much of a reason for me to part with my donuts.

My least favorite event was Easter (by far). I was amazed and ecstatic for all of the Simpsons-related limited time items were offered but due to the complicated gameplay and brutal odds my hopes for landing Father Sean, Shery Bobbins, etc. dwindled and I got so annoyed with all the fences that I quit playing for a good week or more during said event.

If I hadn't been working to re-do my Springfield right at the beginning of ****...and had lots of reason to be there beyond the event my attention may have waned sooner this time too...
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited October 2014
    Voted other due to the lack of quality of the prizes. But maybe I've been spoiled by the first Xmas, Halloween, and Whacking Day
    Oh, yeah, **** definitely needed better prizes. And EA gave out all the big items in the beginning!
  • MonicaL9
    230 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    All of the above for me. I don't hate this event by any means but it is my least favorite event by far (started playing at the end of last years Halloween). I just am dying to store my castles because I need the room in my town and having to wait this long to do that kinda sucks.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    The glitch was the worst part for me. It discouraged me from logging on my game regularly to get the max elixir and gold. :lol:

That said, I liked some of the prizes (mainly the catapult and hot air balloon) and I liked the ability to visit random neighbors. I didn't think that was possible in this game. I hope they utilize that aspect of the game in a future event.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.