EA Forums - Banner

Was Clash of Clones Really as Bad as People Think?

Prev1
I thought the event was fine, perhaps a bit too long.

People who are dissatisfied are far more likely to be vocal about it than people who are satisfied or don't care. So on the forum, those who didn't like the event are probably going to be greatly over-represented.

Replies

• ink19810
    616 posts
    edited October 2014
    It was only bad if people didn't put forth the effort
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    This was a horribly boring event.

For me it was over after ten days. Won everything, did not needed any decorations anymore...
  • XsizterX
    232 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    You got a point OP
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Besides being WAY too long, where EA really dropped the ball on this event was making random attacks worth more than interacting with your own neighbors. I think 95% of my attacks throughout this event were on randoms, as it makes more sense to me. Why have a six-week-long event that discourages social interaction?
  • skollthewolf
    493 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    Besides being WAY too long, where EA really dropped the ball on this event was making random attacks worth more than interacting with your own neighbors. I think 95% of my attacks throughout this event were on randoms, as it makes more sense to me. Why have a six-week-long event that discourages social interaction?
    Eh, I was fine with it. It was nice seeing other people's Springfields for a change.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    amcevil wrote:

People who are dissatisfied are far more likely to be vocal about it than people who are satisfied or don't care. So on the forum, those who didn't like the event are probably going to be greatly over-represented.

EXACTLY!!! Seems like there are some who will go to extra extremes just to make their point. I enjoyed this event, I also agree it lasted too long. I took my time with the event and I like my castles and decos and they will be remaining in my town. I only acquired 40k elixir because I went at a slower pace once I realized you didn't have to rush it.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Good post, OP. I agree that the event itself was actually quite good. It just went on too long, in my opinion, causing some bad habits of avoidance for some.
  • DaNgerSteVe
    212 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    it was alright but it was just way toooo long
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited October 2014
    Just too long. I've hit 100k and tbh I've hardly played the past few weeks. Nice to have level updates during it tho
  • ZennGlenn
    1766 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    :thumbup: Very solid, well appreciated, & constructive summary by SkollTW.
    ...GOOD STUFF INDEED 8)
    :thumbup:
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited October 2014
    Some people enjoyed it and others didn't. So for me, it was as bad as I think. But others have a different opinion.
  • organik_mystery
    33 posts
    edited October 2014
    To answer your question: yes.

Boring, way too long, ridiculously repetitive, unfunny, nonsensical.
  • suetopia
    4229 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    amcevil wrote:

EXACTLY!!! Seems like there are some who will go to extra extremes just to make their point. I enjoyed this event, I also agree it lasted too long. I took my time with the event and I like my castles and decos and they will be remaining in my town...

I agree with both of you on this. When people are unhappy, they make more of an effort to express it then when they are happy.

EDIT: Auto correct yet again
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It's not that bad of an event, it had what we were demanding after April's debacle but was too damn long! Even regular players who didn't have 100 neighbors were hitting the mark early and left with nothing to play for...

People wouldn't complain about the event so much if we were still playing for something. Last time we were playing for donuts, this time we are playing for a worthless currency that we no longer needed. If we were still playing for donuts we would have huge interest in the event- but we don't.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited October 2014
    I don't think it was awful. It was fun while I was trying to get the prizes. I just lost interest once I got the final prize. Especially since all you get for collecting more gold is more elixir. I already have what decorations I want and have no motivation to keep attacking people or collecting gold now. If you could have gotten donuts instead of elixir, I'd still be attacking like crazy.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:

The OP makes some great points that I agree with; However, what Jedihntr said perfectly sums up my issues. Did I hate the event? Not at all. But it was too long and I didnt care for the random attack aspect as it made visiting neighbors a chore for the first time.
  • jboudreaud282
    75 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    For me, no, it wasn't that bad. Too long, yes, but that's my main complaint.

I enjoy getting attacked in eight different languages (I only speak two). Or attacking a town that has Arnie Pye and he's flying over the houses in his helicopter like he's reporting the attack live. And I really like seeing lots of differents Springfields. Some people are amazingly creative.

There were a lot of discussion about how bad the event was, and as I mostly enjoyed it myself I'm glad this thread got started. I definitely think it was needed.
  • OrdinarilyBob
    305 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Well said OP.

CotC was my first major event in TSTO, and I enjoyed it. I had a good time getting access to many new decorations, buildings, character(s) (depending how you count the costumes), etc. I liked visiting strange(r's) Springfields to see new things. Thumbs up.

Only complaint: It's gone on far too long.

I do still send Nerds to their doom from time to time when I feel like it, if only to do away with the Max Nerds message. I still like the "ting" sound FX when defending. But mostly, the event has blurred into white noise.

I hear the Halloween events are the best TSTO has to offer. Considering I enjoyed CotC and it's supposed to have been bad, I wonder how I'll like Halloween. Soon to find I, I guess... Can't wait! :)
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited October 2014
    The people who liked the event think it wasn't as bad as people think, and the people who didn't like it still don't. I doubt any opinions were changed.
  • johncolombo
    11579 posts Senior Moderator
    edited October 2014
    I'm tired of deploying nerds. Bring on Halloween. Easter was still the worst event ever.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.