EA Forums - Banner

New inventory/land interface sucks

Prev1
I like it a lot. It's loads faster to find things.

Replies

• velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I really love the new inventory screen.
    So much neater and easier to use.
    I've seen quite a bit of love for it getting around but I suppose everyone is different and entitled to their own opinions :mrgreen:
  • MonicaL9
    230 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't really like it when I open up the build menu and The first thing that pops up are "recommendations". Like how they recommend me to build flowers and Barney's Bowlarama... That is probably my only complaint. Other then that I don't think it's too bad.

• elmalynn
    253 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I actually like it a lot. I like how it groups things so they are easier find. Need a wall or fence? There they all are!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    MonicaL9 wrote:
    I don't really like it when I open up the build menu and The first thing that pops up are "recommendations". Like how they recommend me to build flowers and Barney's Bowlarama... That is probably my only complaint.
    That part is a bit weird, but at least it's quick to jump away from it. :)
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I really like the new inventory.
    Not only does it load faster, its organized into 3 groups which makes searching a lot faster.

Now only if the other parts of my life were as easily organized....lol
  • MonicaL9
    230 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    MonicaL9 wrote:
    I don't really like it when I open up the build menu and The first thing that pops up are "recommendations". Like how they recommend me to build flowers and Barney's Bowlarama... That is probably my only complaint.
    That part is a bit weird, but at least it's quick to jump away from it. :)

Lol yeah it is. Hope that maybe those will go away at some point. Now I'm curious to see what it would recommend after I build more flowers. I would hope that it would say " Your Springfield is beautiful and it's perfect the way it is" but I don't think that'll happen
  • kimmie24
    148 posts
    edited October 2014
    I think it''s okay. I don't like how it's not much to buy without donuts. Only things I can buy are trees, pumpkins and pumpkin patches. I assumed EA recycled too much of the old content. Sucks
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited October 2014
    I don't like the new menu.. I'll need to get used to it.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I love it, it is so much easier than having to scroll through a huge amount of items, instead you just decide something, eg nature, find it much faster.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I love the new inventory/build menus, personally. It's different, but so much better laid out.

Now I have to say to the OP... If you hate the game so much, why do you play it? This is just a change, and one for the better. Spend 5 minutes with the new build menus, and you'll understand them and be able to find everything easily.

A quick edit.... They also made the game play nice with Android KitKat, removing the navigation buttons at the bottom so the game is completely full screen now (it tells you how to get them back so you can exit and such easier). Much nicer!
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    3 menus???
    click the arrow!!!
    jEHKjc7.png
    dMBRcRf.jpg
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Alexxandria1002
    141 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I absolutely love the new menu! It is so much easier to find things. When I'm decorating I wont need to scroll through hundreds of things anymore to find what I want!!
  • barryriddl474
    4854 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    My complaint would be that before, if I had 7 hedges in my inventory, and I wanted to place 10, it would place the 7 from inventory and just charge me for the other 3. Now, place the 7, back out, go into the store, find hedges, and now place the other 3.
    Also, anything to do with concrete, roads or water has slowed back down like it was before. Confirm road, go make a sandwich, and then it will be placed.
    Sorry for all of the complaining. I really liked the auto-placement feature from before.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It will take some getting used to for me. One thing I would like to see as an option in the new inventory menu is an unsorted view. I mean this might be my only issue with this new system, but if I have just a few items in my inventory, I would rather see it all rather than having to try and figure out what I have by going into each submenu.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    the only stupid thing they did was to open the menu for HW items by tapping a button and then it opens
    to buy more stuff you've to open the menu again tap that thing and then tap another item and repeat. its stupid
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Don't like it. They should revert it back to the old one.
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited October 2014
    I spent 20 or 30 minutes switching out the majority of my roads with pavement (so as to find the people being attacked faster) and it was noticeably slow versus road construction during ****...I really hope the " place x Items from inventory, buy more automatically from the store" returns as that was a wonderful change that vanished
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't like it yet but that may change after I get used to it. The old one worked fine for me.
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I really like how they had re-designed the whole build menus/store because it is more organized and it dose look pretty cool. I like how they categorized the items in different groups which makes it a lot easier and quicker to find certain items instead of just swiping through all of the items.

I love how you actually can craft items to earn prizes through the three colored treat bags system which should not be hard to obtain at all for me. I really do think that why a lot of players do not like it is because they have a different preference.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ebenbane
    188 posts
    edited October 2014
    I hate it, and it can die in a fire fueled by syphilis and dirty needles
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.