EA Forums - Banner

Possible Grem-alien Glitch

Do we know how rankings work? It seems probable that they're tied to how many invaders we squish, so going up due to gremalien squishing would make sense.

Replies

• barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I believe it says it's directly related to the gremaliens, but I've only had a few to send out. Either this neighbor is bombarding me (hey thanks), or it's like they're spawning instead of the smaller ones. Either way, cool.
    I messaged them either way to let them know I can't possibly send this many back.
  • da_caveman
    169 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It's actually related to both squashing and sending Grem-Aliens.
    Cause I have sent out more Grem-Aliens than squashed myself

I took a screenshot cause I could not read the infotext regarding the Grem-Aliens in my phone, too small text so I missed parts of it. It was when I took a screenshot and read it on the computer I saw all the text correct.

K25r4jQ.png
  • MonicaL9
    230 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I haven't even gotten a gremlin yet in my main town :(
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Question: Does anyone know what the limit is on grem-aliens you can send to one neighbor? And, what the limit is in your own town, which would make it to where you can no longer have them sent to you?
  • terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    how many donuts does it take to get a score of 15,000 already? I have a friend in my list with this and all the prizes seem to be gotten? Does that sound "fishy" to you?
  • thatdonald845
    1591 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Question: Does anyone know what the limit is on grem-aliens you can send to one neighbor? And, what the limit is in your own town, which would make it to where you can no longer have them sent to you?

I think you can buy the eggs? So no limit.
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited October 2014

I think you can buy the eggs? So no limit.

My wife had some and sent them to me, while I was logged out. About 20 minutes later, she returned with 4 more (I was still logged out and hadn't cleared my town in about an hour), and on the top right of her screen (when visiting my town), the number of eggs was zero. If she went to the next neighbor, it showed the 4.
  • thatdonald845
    1591 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It wouldn't be Tapped Out without some unfathomable glitch mixed in with complex prize systems. Let's hope there are favorable glitches this time.

Sounds like yours is lucky!

Top of my Friend Leaderboard is a player with over 9000 points. I'm on 640. 43 of my friends have started playing.

:-o :cry: :x :shock: :roll: :oops: (mixed emotions!)
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Only 10 should be able to be in your town at once. That's the only thing I know for sure that I can add to this.
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    suetopia wrote:
    Only 10 should be able to be in your town at once. That's the only thing I know for sure that I can add to this.

This would explain it. Thank you!
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Where do you get all these eggs? I had one neighbor drop ten at once. I've only gotten a couple all day. One from a bag and one from a squashed alien.

Thanks to all the neighbors who have dropped them in my town. Wish I could return the favor.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I've made a chart to record who I've sent the germ-aliens to. I wanted to make sure I eventually get everyone, and I'm not getting enough eggs to send them to everyone in one shot - too many friends to do that at this point!

Hopefully we will them more as the event goes on!

Edit:autocorrect AGAIN!!! And addition.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Where do you get all these eggs? I had one neighbor drop ten at once. I've only gotten a couple all day. One from a bag and one from a squashed alien.

I'm the same as you in this regard. I get a few and pass them on to friends. My original post meant someone was sending them to me, or perhaps a glitch where they were spawning instead of the ones that normally spawn, and 40+ had a friend's name on them.
  • cbratushesky
    144 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I choose to ignore the ranks. You have to when the number one spot is over 5000.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    suetopia wrote:
    I've made a chart to record who I've sent the germ-aliens to. I wanted to make sure I eventually get everyone, and I'm not getting enough eggs to send them to everyone in one shot - too many friends to do that at this point!

Hopefully we will them more as the event goes on!

Edit:autocorrect AGAIN!!! And addition.

Thanks Sue! I've been more than blessed with generous neighbors today. I just wish I could've reciprocate to all of them.

I'm the same as you in this regard. I get a few and pass them on to friends. My original post meant someone was sending them to me, or perhaps a glitch where they were spawning instead of the ones that normally spawn, and 40+ had a friend's name on them.

Sorry, I was off topic. Just was wondering if I was missing something. Sounds like we're all in the same boat.

Thanks
  • lg07cb218
    57 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I've tapped, currently, at least 40 gremaliens from one neighbor, just today. While I am getting probes, I noticed it seems to be making my ranking go up (from 10th to 6th in the past hour). I'm not complaining if this is a glitch, or for any reason.
    Anyone else seeing this?

Barry I had something sort of similar while visiting your town actually, I when to squish a grem-alien and I got a message that I shot down a ufo - I had 5 rounds of ammo and everytime I hit the same spot it happened until I ran out of ammo.... and then it let me continue squishing. Which I am okay with because Ive only seen 3 UFOs in neighbors towns since starting the event.

And on a different note I just wanted to tell you that although I think its so cool we all get our own drive in theatre, I really felt a sense of mourning when visiting you to see your amazing drive in replaced with EA's. By far my most favorite thing of all of my neighbors of all time..... but I still have all of the other amazing things in your town to enjoy!
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    lg07cb218 wrote:
    I've tapped, currently, at least 40 gremaliens from one neighbor, just today. While I am getting probes, I noticed it seems to be making my ranking go up (from 10th to 6th in the past hour). I'm not complaining if this is a glitch, or for any reason.
    Anyone else seeing this?

Barry I had something sort of similar while visiting your town actually, I when to squish a grem-alien and I got a message that I shot down a ufo - I had 5 rounds of ammo and everytime I hit the same spot it happened until I ran out of ammo.... and then it let me continue squishing. Which I am okay with because Ive only seen 3 UFOs in neighbors towns since starting the event.

And on a different note I just wanted to tell you that although I think its so cool we all get our own drive in theatre, I really felt a sense of mourning when visiting you to see your amazing drive in replaced with EA's. By far my most favorite thing of all of my neighbors of all time..... but I still have all of the other amazing things in your town to enjoy!

That's very kind of you to say. I appreciate all of the kind words and it's always a pleasure visiting your town. :D

The UFO glitch was supposed to be fixed today, so we'll see. I never have more than one to shoot down alien ships (I spend them as fast as I get them :lol: )

Thanks again and I look forward to visiting you again soon. :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!