EA Forums - Banner

Can't do any actions on a friend's springfield

Prev1
I'm guessing that one of you rushed the Halloween quests, so your towns are not currently compatible.

Replies

• emftiger576
    32 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    My husband has the same problem with my hood, he cannot do any actions in my hood since the halloween update. What can I do?
  • dylan5602
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I got the same problem but I can only do about half of my friends the other half won't let me get bonuses
  • ayrv2
    8 posts
    edited October 2014
    I have the same problem. When I click on a friend's Springfield a alert saying this person has newer content than you. It's update time.

When I click ok however it just takes me back to the loading screen.
  • merak250
    19 posts
    edited October 2014
    My husband is have the same issues when it comes to my town and sences the patch no-one have visited me. Is the anything I can do to fix it?
  • marcwnj70695
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    My wife and I have the same problem.
  • jennielynn616
    4 posts
    edited October 2014
    I'm having the same issue, says I have 3 actions but nothing clickable on all of my friends : (
  • munrolorijo
    7 posts
    edited October 2014
    Having the same problem since the update. Can only collect from a few friends. Nothing to tap in most neighbor towns even though they have updated. Hope the fix comes soon or we will miss out on valuable FP and new Halloween items!
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Getting this issue as well... when I told someone in their support chat about it, their answer was to have everyone friend who was getting to issue to reinstall the game...

Hoping for a fix soon too...
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    This is very, very likely just a case of some users being farther along in the Halloween quest line. Some people have rushed and some have not. Until everyone gets past Lisa trick-or-treating, there are going to be towns that aren't quite compatible with each other, content-wise. Please, give it a day before you all start panicking.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It appears that for this event, until you reach a certain point (I believe the point where you have little aliens running around your town), you will not be able to get anything done with your friend visits, or at least that is what I am seeing. I have a couple feeder towns, and this was my experience last evening with my towns. When I went to other towns, even 'other springfield', it said I had 3/3 actions left, yet absolutely nothing was tappable. Kind of annoying.
  • snuffy80
    6 posts
    edited October 2014
    Thank you neuroheart for your help !!!! I will give it another day !!! :lol:
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Okay, will continue to wait... just really odd that I can't even do anything on "Other Springfield"
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Arbok9782 wrote:
    Okay, will continue to wait... just really odd that I can't even do anything on "Other Springfield"
    I know it seems weird, but "Other Springfield" has the aliens running around. For this update, you squish aliens in other towns and don't interact with their buildings at all. Until you can squish aliens in your own town, you can't do it in other towns. Don't worry, you'll get there!
  • SandraShill
    255 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    So I won't be able to collect Krustyland tickets in other towns during this Halloween event? That would be awful, since I just recently started doing Krustyland stuff and I need the tickets! (I also need the extra dollars I was earning from visiting friends...Honest John's Computers is not cheap!)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    So I won't be able to collect Krustyland tickets in other towns during this Halloween event? That would be awful, since I just recently started doing Krustyland stuff and I need the tickets! (I also need the extra dollars I was earning from visiting friends...Honest John's Computers is not cheap!)
    You still get cash for squishing aliens. I don't know about Krustyland, I haven't tested it.
  • SandraShill
    255 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    You still get cash for squishing aliens. I don't know about Krustyland, I haven't tested it.

Well, that's good to hear.... I made the mistake of not sending Lisa out trick-or-treating this morning (I usually save tasks that are 8 hours or more for overnight), so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I can resume visiting friends.

Thanks for the info!
  • diashoes
    13 posts
    edited October 2014
    I wonder, I got past Lisa Trick or Treating and was squashing aliens, but when I went to visit other springfield, there were no aliens running around.
    Also, after Trick or Treating Lisa is supposed to question Kangs motives, yet when I click on that quest, there is no "Question Kang's Motives" in the drop down box for Lisa's available things to do.
    Obviously some of my friends are doing quite well with this event so far... they have collected quite a few items - and I don't even have any halloween items to purchase in my store...
    I think there are some glitches with this update.
    I deleted it from my ipad and am reinstalling - it says I may lose some status in game play... but I'm going for it anyway.
  • mb00719
    6 posts
    edited October 2014
    Dammit! NOW IT FREEZES! I'm sitting at 30 pts until my next neighbor level!!!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
  • snoopygray5
    9 posts
    edited October 2014
    I have found this as well. I can only access one friend's Springfield. Even Other Springfield isn't working for me. I tried tapping on aliens after what I read above but nothing happens. I also can't see anything for Lisa trick or treating.

Also there's now symbols appearing under friend's Springfields where I see the daily actions etc. Nothing in the update explained what these are?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I have found this as well. I can only access one friend's Springfield. Even Other Springfield isn't working for me. I tried tapping on aliens after what I read above but nothing happens. I also can't see anything for Lisa trick or treating.
    You can't tap aliens yet if you can't see anything for Lisa trick-or-treating. Have you built the Build-a-Thing store yet?
    Also there's now symbols appearing under friend's Springfields where I see the daily actions etc. Nothing in the update explained what these are?
    It's event currency.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.