EA Forums - Banner

Wait, Numer 51 is a bit of a rip off now....

Prev1
Khodro wrote:
Back in the Stonecutters event I bought number 51 for 100 donuts.

Spoilers:

Now I see that there will come a deal where you can buy the Victorian UFO and Number 51 for 120 donuts and the Victorian UFO alone for 40 donuts.

Had I not bought Number 51 during the Stonecutters event, I could get them both for 120 but now I have to buy the UFO alone making my total spending 140, so 20 donuts extra....

Shouldn't we get a discount for buying stuff earlier instead of being punished?

At least you got Number 51 early on. Prizes of premium stuff can go down just like the latest video games released now will cost much less a year from now. :wink:

Replies

• doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Khodro wrote:

Spoilers:

Now I see that there will come a deal where you can buy the Victorian UFO and Number 51 for 120 donuts and the Victorian UFO alone for 40 donuts.

Had I not bought Number 51 during the Stonecutters event, I could get them both for 120 but now I have to buy the UFO alone making my total spending 140, so 20 donuts extra....

No one is being punished, sometimes deals work in your favour sometimes they don't. Is it fair that things you got for free earn a premium rate whilst others earn the same rate for the price of donuts? You'll get rewarded for loyalty in the long term.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited October 2014
    Equally it could have gone up... As have virtually all items upon rerelease
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    Equally it could have gone up... As have virtually all items upon rerelease

Sometimes it goes down, too. Ninja Homer skin cost more last year than when it was rereleased this year by 20 donuts I think.
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited October 2014
    Khodro wrote:

Spoilers:

At least you got Number 51 early on. Prizes of premium stuff can go down just like the latest video games released now will cost much less a year from now. :wink:

I mean yeah, but those are physical items. Stores discount games to save on holding prices, whereas digital content does not have a holding price.
  • epitluck
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    You can make that argument for anything anyone buys anywhere. Prices sometimes go up, sometimes down. its life. buyer beware.
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited October 2014
    doh1886 wrote:
    Khodro wrote:

Spoilers:

No one is being punished, sometimes deals work in your favour sometimes they don't. Is it fair that things you got for free earn a premium rate whilst others earn the same rate for the price of donuts? You'll get rewarded for loyalty in the long term.

As far as I can tell, right now I'm out 20 donuts so I don't see how it evens out. If they priced he UFO at 20 donuts then it'd make sense since it would even out.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    Well, if we were playing last Halloween, the Victorian UFO was free. So technically, the early bird did get the discount in this instance.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Khodro wrote:
    Well, if we were playing last Halloween, the Victorian UFO was free. So technically, the early bird did get the discount in this instance.

Not really free as it was a prize. Still had to put some effort to get it. Some people rushed to get the prizes and paid donuts to get them quicker. :wink:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Khodro wrote:

Not really free as it was a prize. Still had to put some effort to get it.
    If it's not an obligatory donut price tag, I call it free.
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Khodro wrote:

Exactly my point. The early birds should get a discount or at the very least break even, not be punished.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Khodro wrote:

Technically, it's not free though, but a prize. Just like Hugo at this year's Halloween event is a prize but others paid donuts to get them right away. :wink: I'm sure next year he can be bought with donuts as well for those that missed this year's event.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Khodro wrote:

Exactly my point. The early birds should get a discount or at the very least break even, not be punished.

You're not obligated to buy it so it's not a punishment. Just say it's a rip-off. :wink:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Khodro wrote:

But I got the Victorian UFO for zero donuts by playing last Halloween. Anyone who buys the bundle of Number 51 and the UFO is going to be paying 20 more donuts than I did. So there is a "discount" for those of us playing last year. QED.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Khodro wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Khodro wrote:

But I got the Victorian UFO for zero donuts by playing last Halloween. Anyone who buys the bundle of Number 51 and the UFO is going to be paying 20 more donuts than I did. So there is a "discount" for those of us playing last year. QED.

Indeed. I paid donuts for the cool brown house with Cool Homer skin and the Mayan bundle because I wasn't playing two years ago. :lol:
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    You are all missing the point, khodro has been bad and must be punished
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited October 2014
    By this logic, I should get reimbursed because I bought Otto before he was in a Gil sale.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Khodro wrote:

It's free. EA got no payment of any kind to give is the Victorian UFO last year. Anything else is just hair-splitting.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    You are all missing the point, khodro has been bad and must be punished

So what did he do again this time? :lol:
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    By this logic, I should get reimbursed because I bought Otto before he was in a Gil sale.

I, too, should be reimbursed for buying donuts while others got the harp of death glitch last year that got them free donuts. :lol:
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Personally it is my opinion that if an item was free during a previous same annual event then it should be free during the subsequent event. And only cost donuts during the off season for that event for those who want to get it when the event isn't happening. I seen all these event items in others SFs that I was like oh I can't wait for the events to come to get. But I am sorry I will not be getting them if I have to spend loads of real life money to get them. This right now is my only beef with this event. Even with the package deals you still have 13 premium items not packaged new and old.

Plus pay more than previously for: ray guy (+50) and house of evil (+45 because doll no longer free with it) And have to pay (if you wanted them) for these free items from previous events: heck house, wailing wall, vicorian ufo, king homer's skyscraper, burns coffin, ancient burial ground, devil flanders, talking krusty doll, house of evil, snarling zombie, shuffling zombie, clawing zombie, twirl 'n' hurl, super collider, springfield cemetery, pet cemetery, gypsy fortune teller shop, gingerbread house, and bad dream house. A total of almost 1,300 donuts for stuff that was previously free. Include the increased premium items and new premium items and the total premium is over 1,800 donuts. No wonder there are people out there who hack or what not to get donuts for free.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!