EA Forums - Banner

Active forum

Prev1
Hiya neighbor!

It is exactly the last Halloween's event that brought me to the forum. And I just checked...I'm at my one year anniversary! Maybe I should celebrate and buy some doughnuts?
My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord

Replies

• mbaron312775
    133 posts
    edited October 2014
    Dude you are right. Haven't been back here in so long....but I had to come back for Halloween! Hey-oooo. Check this out.
    wray5h.jpg
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It's the most, wonderful time, of the year :-o
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Last year after a terrible summer that resulted in the loss of a large amount of members, the people who stayed behind were dictated to building back up the forum again. And tried to get more people involved with the forum. One of the things that got me to rejoin, was someone saying lurkers need to become members. But eventually most of those people ended up leaving the forum as well. I spent a lot of time defending the forum, because I believed it could be great again, but we hit another low, I've never seen the forums this bad during an event. But on the positive side I've noticed a lot of new people joining lately, so maybe that means we're on the up swing again. I like when new people join the forums, that's when they are at their most fun IMO. Before they form cliques and ruin the place. I may not care for the politics around here, because they always seem to swing to one side and only seem to benefit the few, which has caused a lot of people to leave out of frustration, but this place can be fun, informative and interesting when it wants to be. Most of the best people have left, I see them pop back in from time to time, but they never stay for good. Sigh!!!
  • 420blue47
    25 posts
    edited October 2014
    I got 3 donuts from a present bag :)
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    One thing i loved last year about halloween
    more then any other event is:
    how active this forum became.
    Two years ago i wasnt aware of the forum... but last year
    it become superactive during the Halloween again. more then any other.
    not complains or nothing.
    full of stuff, questions, active
    I LOVE IT.
    Halloween's the best event of the year.
    BRING IT ON EA.
    Make us love it even more :mrgreen:
    last year they had donuts in the event too. People got loads of them. this year too. 30 donuts by destroying ufos. GENIUS. GJ EA
    Good post, bud. Agreed all around 8)

I didn't start coming here until around Halloween last year. It might have been the pre-event dialogue that mentioned checking out the EA forums that got me lurking. I finally came out of the shadows when the tile-tapping thread popped up--mostly because I needed more neighbors who were in the know.

One year later, it's good to see that a lot of us are still here. :thumbup:
  • barryriddl474
    4818 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Very active indeed. It's great seeing so much useful information broadcasting live, from real players. It's a fantastic event that looks to get even better. It's refreshing to feel all of the positive energy as opposed to a week ago, when people were eager to end CofC and begin the best and most anticipated event of the year.
    I'm looking forward to the prizes more than I had initially thought I would. When I first saw the Grand Pumpkin in the prize menu, I overlooked it as just some pumpkin, until I saw it in someone's town. Very cool animation! 8)
    I'm greatly looking forward to what other surprises EA has in store. My main wants were Kodos and Booberella, which I hastily grabbed when I had the chance again, and the drive in was an unexpected pleasure. This event also pushed me over the fence for Sherri and Terri finally, so that was a win-win, since there are 4 visual tasks + The Shining twins trick or treating.
    It's a great time to be a Tapped Out fan! :D

Not to mention, it's also nice to build my bankroll back up. :mrgreen:

• adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    Last year after a terrible summer that resulted in the loss of a large amount of members, the people who stayed behind were dictated to building back up the forum again. And tried to get more people involved with the forum. One of the things that got me to rejoin, was someone saying lurkers need to become members. But eventually most of those people ended up leaving the forum as well. I spent a lot of time defending the forum, because I believed it could be great again, but we hit another low, I've never seen the forums this bad during an event. But on the positive side I've noticed a lot of new people joining lately, so maybe that means we're on the up swing again. I like when new people join the forums, that's when they are at their most fun IMO. Before they form cliques and ruin the place. I may not care for the politics around here, because they always seem to swing to one side and only seem to benefit the few, which has caused a lot of people to leave out of frustration, but this place can be fun, informative and interesting when it wants to be. Most of the best people have left, I see them pop back in from time to time, but they never stay for good. Sigh!!!
    politics...

Dictators...

Members missing in action, never heard from again...

Cliques...

All to the ruin of ... ????
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm guessing the 30 donuts for shooting UFOs is random?
  • barryriddl474
    4818 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm guessing the 30 donuts for shooting UFOs is random?

Yes.
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Cheers. Haven't been very lucky with rewards from UFOs yet.
  • barryriddl474
    4818 posts Member
    edited October 2014

I haven't either. I have gotten a few bags and a candy corn so far. Still waiting for some donuts. I seem to get very few rockets per day, but I'm still shooting down everything I see :mrgreen:
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It was pretty dead during ****. This active period between now and Christmas will be buzzing.
  • Sleeping_Sun05
    118 posts
    edited October 2014
    I hvpave been a long time lurker but only a short time poster and I have to say I have always been impressed by how cohesive (I think that's the word!) the community is here. Yes, there will always be people that don't get on but for the most part this forum always has a nice vibe to it. Even when people are complaining :D
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Well if you were here when the forum was actually actve, with most threads having more than 10 people replying on them, especially during an event. When there were so many different types of people offering up different types of threads, that you were sure to find something to enjoy. Now there are pages and pages of threads with barely any replies. It's like a ghost town around here. I know everyone decided to go to the other forum and why they left, so yeah it would be nice if the forum could get back to at least where we were last year.

I will not personally respond to anyone because apparently people can respond to you, but if you respond back it becomes an issue.
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    Well if you were here when the forum was actually actve, with most threads having more than 10 people replying on them, especially during an event. When there were so many different types of people offering up different types of threads, that you were sure to find something to enjoy. Now there are pages and pages of threads with barely any replies. It's like a ghost town around here. I know everyone decided to go to the other forum and why they left, so yeah it would be nice if the forum could get back to at least where we were last year.
    It's not really that something is going on with this forum. What you're describing, IMO, reflects a downturn in the popularity of this game. The other forum, which is smaller than this one, has gotten hit a lot harder by this.

I'd like to see this game make it back to the top of the charts, but honestly, I'm not optimistic. Particularly now that FG has capitalized on EA's neglect by swooping in and taking many of us away (#5 on both app stores now).
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited October 2014

I haven't either. I have gotten a few bags and a candy corn so far. Still waiting for some donuts. I seem to get very few rockets per day, but I'm still shooting down everything I see :mrgreen:

UFOs are said to be 25% chance, but they dried up for me for awhile. Before they dried up, I got really lucky and hit that supposed 1% chance of getting 30 donuts! That was great. I also got 50 gummie bears. Then today the UFOs are back. I had 4 missiles. Got 50 probes three times and a bronze bag.

Freemium player and no donuts spent yet for this event, so only have 1800 ish probes at the moment in my A-Town. My B-Town is a little higher. On track to reach the DTM.

Loving the event. My first Halloween event. :)

• empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Mopurglar wrote:
    Igcognita wrote:
    It's not really that something is going on with this forum. What you're describing, IMO, reflects a downturn in the popularity of this game. The other forum, which is smaller than this one, has gotten hit a lot harder by this.

I'd like to see this game make it back to the top of the charts, but honestly, I'm not optimistic. Particularly now that FG has capitalized on EA's neglect by swooping in and taking many of us away (#5 on both app stores now).

The other forum for the past few months was very inactive, there would be hours in between post, I'm sad to say that I only venture over there once a week now at best.

I just checked a website for "top 200 grossing Games for Iphone" and Simpsons is number 5 behind Clash of clans, Candy Crush, FG and something called Game of War. I hope the report is accurate...
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited October 2014
    Halloween is always a good time of year and the updates really do well with everything :thumbup:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited October 2014
    Igcognita wrote:

Really? Do you even know what you are talking about? I dont remember you from last year. Do you at least know what happened? I hate when people talk about things they dont know.
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    It's the most, wonderful time, of the year :-o

hears the music and singing.........
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!