EA Forums - Banner

Active forum

2Next

Replies

• SydneyAnner
    62 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Last years Halloween event is when I found this forum. All the wonderful little tidbits of info I found made it my favorite event for the game.

I'm not very active in posting but I read them almost every day.
  • ZennGlenn
    1759 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I can say I'm glad I found this cool/useful forum after beginning Dec .'13, losing my town 3 weeks in & getting solution & some groovy neighboreenos here 8)
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    sony1319 wrote:
    Igcognita wrote:
    Last year after a terrible summer that resulted in the loss of a large amount of members, the people who stayed behind were dictated to building back up the forum again. And tried to get more people involved with the forum. One of the things that got me to rejoin, was someone saying lurkers need to become members. But eventually most of those people ended up leaving the forum as well. I spent a lot of time defending the forum, because I believed it could be great again, but we hit another low, I've never seen the forums this bad during an event. But on the positive side I've noticed a lot of new people joining lately, so maybe that means we're on the up swing again. I like when new people join the forums, that's when they are at their most fun IMO. Before they form cliques and ruin the place. I may not care for the politics around here, because they always seem to swing to one side and only seem to benefit the few, which has caused a lot of people to leave out of frustration, but this place can be fun, informative and interesting when it wants to be. Most of the best people have left, I see them pop back in from time to time, but they never stay for good. Sigh!!!

Really? Do you even know what you are talking about? I dont remember you from last year. Do you at least know what happened? I hate when people talk about things they dont know.

Yes I was here and I rejoined after all the dust had settled after the second time this place fell apart. Hopefully your not one of those who are going to say it was all Josh's fault.
  • gregbuc350
    198 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    ...the one whose name should not be mentioned? I miss his .gif. :)
  • bbeam1249
    99 posts
    edited October 2014
    The THOH update always gets me to start playing this game again and come back on here. I first started playing about a month before the first one, and thought it was amazing. Then later that year, around April my town got deleted. I didn't feel like starting from scratch, so I stopped playing. Then the new THOH came out last year, and had to check it out. Built my town all over again, doing better than before. Over the summer, things got busy and I lost interest. When I saw the THOH update again, I had to come back. I have a feeling this will be a yearly trend for me lol
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    couldn't agree more!
  • joeythelemur714
    178 posts
    edited October 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    I will not personally respond to anyone because apparently people can respond to you, but if you respond back it becomes an issue.

Not sure what you mean by this. What exactly becomes an issue when you respond to someone? Isn't that the point of a discussion forum?
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    I will not personally respond to anyone because apparently people can respond to you, but if you respond back it becomes an issue.

Not sure what you mean by this. What exactly becomes an issue when you respond to someone? Isn't that the point of a discussion forum?
    some people are better at creating drama than others, there are a special few who can create drama out of thin air! Why, witness this very thread and its cliche of cliques etc. All we are seeing is the normal ebb and flow of every forum
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Alright, guys, this is a happy thread. Let's simmer down.
  • anthonymac299
    46 posts
    edited October 2014
    I didn't even know there was another forum. haha
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited October 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    sony1319 wrote:
    Igcognita wrote:
    Last year after a terrible summer that resulted in the loss of a large amount of members, the people who stayed behind were dictated to building back up the forum again. And tried to get more people involved with the forum. One of the things that got me to rejoin, was someone saying lurkers need to become members. But eventually most of those people ended up leaving the forum as well. I spent a lot of time defending the forum, because I believed it could be great again, but we hit another low, I've never seen the forums this bad during an event. But on the positive side I've noticed a lot of new people joining lately, so maybe that means we're on the up swing again. I like when new people join the forums, that's when they are at their most fun IMO. Before they form cliques and ruin the place. I may not care for the politics around here, because they always seem to swing to one side and only seem to benefit the few, which has caused a lot of people to leave out of frustration, but this place can be fun, informative and interesting when it wants to be. Most of the best people have left, I see them pop back in from time to time, but they never stay for good. Sigh!!!

Really? Do you even know what you are talking about? I dont remember you from last year. Do you at least know what happened? I hate when people talk about things they dont know.

Yes I was here and I rejoined after all the dust had settled after the second time this place fell apart. Hopefully your not one of those who are going to say it was all Josh's fault.

Josh was only a troll, everything that happened has nothing to do with him.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    It's the most, wonderful time, of the year :-o

Not quite! :lol:

I agree with you LPNintendoITA! :mrgreen:
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Mopurglar wrote:
    One thing i loved last year about halloween
    more then any other event is:
    how active this forum became.
    Two years ago i wasnt aware of the forum... but last year
    it become superactive during the Halloween again. more then any other.
    not complains or nothing.
    full of stuff, questions, active
    I LOVE IT.
    Halloween's the best event of the year.
    BRING IT ON EA.
    Make us love it even more :mrgreen:
    last year they had donuts in the event too. People got loads of them. this year too. 30 donuts by destroying ufos. GENIUS. GJ EA
    Good post, bud. Agreed all around 8)

I didn't start coming here until around Halloween last year. It might have been the pre-event dialogue that mentioned checking out the EA forums that got me lurking. I finally came out of the shadows when the tile-tapping thread popped up--mostly because I needed more neighbors who were in the know.

One year later, it's good to see that a lot of us are still here. :thumbup:

:thumbup: You have been a great neighbor ever since the Tile Tapping days, lol!
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm literally getting no ammo at all. Nada. Close to 2000 probes and in total I've had about one unit of ammo aside from the first free ones. Also, I'm not getting rewarded from the eggs. They are surviving 4 hours, it's telling me I should have been given 33 but I got nothing.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    So I have to agree with your comments as well, OP.

As some others have mentioned, the game dialogue brought many tappers here last year. I was actually anticipating some sort of similar dialogue this year, but haven't seen anything yet. I like the idea of releasing new prizes as the event progresses. But I wish there was more storyline in between these days. I am only trick or treating, and crafting for now, no other tasks for Halloween until the next round of prizes, or if I buy the drive in or some other premium like that.

But all in all, I am enjoying this Halloween as always.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.