EA Forums - Banner

Boring or what?

Replies

• 4kidsandacatdog
    3064 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I confess this is my first THOH event so I am not jaded by past events.

I am enjoying this. I wasn't one who thought ❤️❤️❤️❤️ was horrible but this is definitely better.

However, I absolutely agree with those who have said the eight hour trick or treat tasks are too long. I am accustomed to setting my characters on 4 hour tasks and checking them this frequently so eight seems too long. Plus eight hours between prize collections makes accumulation so....darn....slow! I don't really have any premium kids but I know others who do and they complain about their trick or treating being double...another issue.

Plus I'm not one with a lot of neighbors so probe accumulation is slow for me, but I'm okay with that! I suspect that the people who are accumulating probes/prizes faster have some advantage in the way they play (more neighbors, more kids etc.) and I completely get that...kudos to them!

Naturally, someone who normally sets their characters on longer tasks will not feel the same, but I feel like four hours of trick or treating to get a treat sack would have been sufficient.

BUT as everyone said, it's early in the event. We can be pretty sure the whole event won't be about trick or treating and it's probably going to be better when the adults start getting tasks as well.

Looking forward to it!
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Yeah, I get it. I shouldn't eat pizza for dinner and then again for breakfast, but I do. I'm doing it right now. And it feels good.

Omg! Soooooo much laughing @ this!!!!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    One thing I miss is having an opportunity for the Bad Dream House to light up. It's one of the best animations from the old updates. Hopefully when the 20th hits, we get an opportunity to experience it again.

This is my 3rd Halloween for Tapped Out. I really like how the fall trees were added and I just want my Bad Dream House to glow again. I like the fact they are changing it up a bit. Makes things new for us players that have been doing this for awhile. Yeah, we have some nostalgia when it comes to this game.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I too am disappointed in the premature boredom here, but it was to be expected. Anyway, to be more constructive, I feel that part of the boredom may be due to the fact there doesn't appear to be much of a quest line. The only quest line I have at the moment is the green mutant alien, and he costs donuts. So I think that many here would be more satisfied if there were more of an ongoing quest for some of this.

I do know more quests unlock as we unlock prizes, and it appears to me that the devs may have designed this event this way in order to make sure it was impossible for us to rush the whole event, but clearly there are some here who don't like that.

Personally, I think this event is fine (so far). I would have liked the option to purchase some of the items not yet available (bad dream house, supercollider, etc..), but I can wait. My only complaint would be that I would have preferred a week or 2 between events. I know most on here would hate that, but for me, that is what I would have wanted.
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited October 2014
    I got 30 donuts from shooting a UFO.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited October 2014
    I'm enjoying it so far. Compared to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ (which was MY least favorite, worst event ever), this is fantastic. I like squishing aliens, I like the treat bags and I like having a reason to interact with my neighbors by visiting them and dropping off gremaliens.

I'm not in love with all of the prizes, but the fact that I have a chance to win donuts makes up for it. The 2 donuts I got in a treat bag already made me happier than all of the crap I got from ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Every treat bag gives me a chance to find some ammo and the chance to shoot down a UFO and win even more donuts. So that is enough to keep me involved.

I noticed there was a ridiculous amount of hype around here for this event, so there were bound to be some people who were disappointed. I think a lot of people got their expectations up way to high.
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited October 2014
    groovephil wrote:
    My problem is there is a lot going on but not a lot for the player to actually do, almost everything is pointless, the eggs give hardly any probes at all so hardly worth doing as you get about 10 a day anyway. The crafting is utterly pointless as you only really want the good stuff so have to hold onto everything. Shooting spaceships is great if a) you can find one and b) you actually get any ammo. And finally you can only get 90 probes a day form neighbours, thats 30 visits.

Like others i'm getting none of the rarer items from the bags at all. I've had 4 nails, 4 donuts, 0 test tube, 0 walls, 3 ammo and about 10 eggs.

It could be a good event if it was a little more generous but at present it all falls a bit pointless.

Just so everyone knows, you dont get walls and test tubes from the bags. You have to craft them yourselves like the rest of the prizes.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I had considered quitting TSTO after ❤️❤️❤️❤️, because I found I wasn't having fun. This event has brought me back to enjoying TSTO. I kind of like that I don't have to log in every hour or couple hours to complete it. I have been having some success no donuts yet, but I am still hopeful. I have gotten to the point that I don't care if I don't get everything. I will work to get the things I really want and see about the rest. Most of the collection prizes for probes etc. I really don't care about. I do want most of the crafting items, though and that is my goal.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm never bored during an event; THOH, ❤️❤️❤️❤️, SC, Easter, whichever. I may not like the event but never bored.

Non-event time is when I'm bored with the game.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3064 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    groovephil wrote:
    My problem is there is a lot going on but not a lot for the player to actually do, almost everything is pointless, the eggs give hardly any probes at all so hardly worth doing as you get about 10 a day anyway. The crafting is utterly pointless as you only really want the good stuff so have to hold onto everything. Shooting spaceships is great if a) you can find one and b) you actually get any ammo. And finally you can only get 90 probes a day form neighbours, thats 30 visits.

Like others i'm getting none of the rarer items from the bags at all. I've had 4 nails, 4 donuts, 0 test tube, 0 walls, 3 ammo and about 10 eggs.

It could be a good event if it was a little more generous but at present it all falls a bit pointless.

Just so everyone knows, you dont get walls and test tubes from the bags. You have to craft them yourselves like the rest of the prizes.

That's odd because I have three walls in my inventory that I didn't craft. And a lot of people have posted that they have gotten the test tube human experiment thingies in their treat bags. I have come to the conclusion that if they can be gotten that way, there's no point in using accumulations from treat bags to craft them.

Heads up, also, you can get the Rigillian shrub this way too....my husband got one.
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited October 2014
    groovephil wrote:

That's odd because I have three walls in my inventory that I didn't craft. And a lot of people have posted that they have gotten the test tube human experiment thingies in their treat bags. I have come to the conclusion that if they can be gotten that way, there's no point in using accumulations from treat bags to craft them.

Heads up, also, you can get the Rigillian shrub this way too....my husband got one.

I think those were initially given to us by EA in the beginning of the event. I have not gotten any for free since then & when I go to craft a wall it only gives me one, not 3.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3064 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm never bored during an event; THOH, ❤️❤️❤️❤️, SC, Easter, whichever. I may not like the event but never bored.

Non-event time is when I'm bored with the game.

:thumbup: My thinking exactly!
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited October 2014

This is incorrect and verified by several players including me. You do get these items randomly in bags. You can also get the Rigellian shrub in bags.

Don't waste your craft items on walls and test subjects this early in the game. Save them for Hugo and the Grand Pumpkin.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3064 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Again I have to contradict you here...I did not have these walls in my event until this morning. When people started posting that they were receiving these things from treat bags, I started checking. Never had them til today.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    groovephil wrote:

I think those were initially given to us by EA in the beginning of the event. I have not gotten any for free since then & when I go to craft a wall it only gives me one, not 3.

No, they definitely can be gotten from the treat bags. They're rare, but I've gotten some walls from them. I've also gotten donuts from treat bags.
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited October 2014
    I stand corrected then. :) good to know you can win them. I wanted another HTS but didnt want to waste the materials.
  • allnghtr
    103 posts
    edited October 2014
    I wouldn't say the event is boring me, however it is masking me feel a bit antsy. I find that I quickly run out of things to do/ways to get probes. I'm reaching 3,800 probes and have gotten a few donuts in bags as well as a shrub and 3 HTS yesterday, but it is taking an awful long time to craft Hugo (only prize I care about this round, I don't care much for the pumpkins and already have the pumpkin house from last year and don't care for a duplicate....)

One thing I must admit though, I'm a bit disappointed that they're aren't THAT many new buildings in this update... I like buildings and here the only ones offered really are the make-a-thing shop and the spooky house with Hugo... Womp womp :/
  • Annathewicked
    4712 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    groovephil wrote:

No. They did not come out in the beginning of the event. Or we would have all had them. You do not have to craft shrubs, test subjects, or walls - they have been verified to come out of bags. I myself finally got one shrub last night.......
    Keeping myself happy knowing somewhere there are donuts for me hopefully!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6229 posts Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Boring? Seriously?

The event just started and there's so much to do.
  • annettemarc
    7720 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    groovephil wrote:

Brooke, I haven't crafted anything but sticks with nails so far and one of my towns has the human test subject and another town has 3walls. I'm pretty sure the three walls came as a set. I check my inventory because some people said they didn't even know they had them otherwise. Checking my inventory was the only way I even knew they were there! Maybe you have something? My main town has nuthin SL far. :(
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!