596 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for this post.
    I almost understand now.
    :-)
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited October 2014
    Aside from the below (which clearly isn't working as it's supposed to, and hasn't yet been changed in the OP to reflect how it is working, as several people have noted), this is an amazing bit of communication. It's not that we're dealing with anything intellectually demanding, here, but it is quite messy. And brettolmsted has done a superior job of explaining everything in a cogent and yet simple and accessible guide. Bravo.
    You also can tap up to 3 tap young Rigellian aliens while visiting your friends (you get 2 currencies per tap, 3 if they are wrapped around a citizen’s face, and 3 if you have a Rigellian Hunting License). Note: EA capped this by only allowing you to receive currency for the first 90 actions per day.
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Aennilya wrote:
    Aside from the below (which clearly isn't working as it's supposed to, and hasn't yet been changed in the OP to reflect how it is working, as several people have noted), this is an amazing bit of communication. It's not that we're dealing with anything intellectually demanding, here, but it is quite messy. And brettolmsted has done a superior job of explaining everything in a cogent and yet simple and accessible guide. Bravo.
    You also can tap up to 3 tap young Rigellian aliens while visiting your friends (you get 2 currencies per tap, 3 if they are wrapped around a citizen’s face, and 3 if you have a Rigellian Hunting License). Note: EA capped this by only allowing you to receive currency for the first 90 actions per day.

Thank you and I believe I have it fixed now (I had changed my first reference but had not realized i stated it in 2 different areas)
  • davewoe
    18 posts
    edited October 2014
    Can anybody tell me, if there is storyline or quest line to be done during this update? Or if there is, I keep getting stuck having to repeat having to send 10 kids trick-or-treating, and opening 10 bags for the treats. However I have done both of these tasks at least 10 times now, and it does not let me MoveOn. Is this a glitch? :?

Dave
  • punkgirl69
    6 posts
    edited October 2014
    I'm considering buying Jimbo or Sherri and Terri can anyone let me know if the twins generate two bags or just one?
  • CaloricPinger
    13 posts
    edited October 2014
    punkgirl69 wrote:
    I'm considering buying Jimbo or Sherri and Terri can anyone let me know if the twins generate two bags or just one?

Only one but it's always a gold or a silver one
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Does anybody know if you still get ammo from the Ray gun even after shooting Kodos down, and whether they go into ur ammo pool automatically? I've had it for more than 8 hours but there's defin been nothing to tap.

Also, an excellent guide! Thanks! :)

Does anybody have any tips for catching up when ur a few days behind?
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • CaloricPinger
    13 posts
    edited October 2014
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    Does anybody know if you still get ammo from the Ray gun even after shooting Kodos down, and whether they go into ur ammo pool automatically? I've had it for more than 8 hours but there's defin been nothing to tap.

Yes, I get ammo every 8 hours (I shot Kodos down last year) and no, it's a regular building so you have to tap on it. I don't think there's much you can do to catch up. Unfortunately, the only way to get all the prizes is to visit your friends daily and squish the aliens in your town every 4 hours. Unless you want to use donuts, of course.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    AOFIGO009 wrote:

Yes, I get ammo every 8 hours (I shot Kodos down last year) and no, it's a regular building so you have to tap on it. I don't think there's much you can do to catch up. Unfortunately, the only way to get all the prizes is to visit your friends daily and squish the aliens in your town every 4 hours. Unless you want to use donuts, of course.

Thanks very much, has anybody have the ammo sign above come up? I still haven't seen it? It stinks there's not much you can do to catch up, I was planning on using my 30 donuts as a failsafe for Hugo and the Grand Pumpkin...

Edit: Never mind about the Ray gun, I found one in my inventory!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    davewoe wrote:
    Can anybody tell me, if there is storyline or quest line to be done during this update? Or if there is, I keep getting stuck having to repeat having to send 10 kids trick-or-treating, and opening 10 bags for the treats. However I have done both of these tasks at least 10 times now, and it does not let me MoveOn. Is this a glitch? :?

Dave

Hi Dave you've got to see the end of the quest line, it just keeps repeating that last one to make it easy to find the kids to collect the treat bags and send them trick or treating again, as assuming you are level 45 you should have 10 kids as available in the basic storyline. Of course you can have more than that with premium keep kids like Jimbo and ?ter, and don't forget Squeaky-Voiced Teen and Wizard Marge if you have them!! Hope that helps!!
  • lynds777
    81 posts
    edited October 2014

is this normal?

10732076_10201679485147492_2033115478_o.jpg
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    lynds777 wrote:
    is this normal?

10732076_10201679485147492_2033115478_o.jpg

Yes you only get up 90 and after you might get random donuts
  • MsBehavin69
    32 posts
    edited October 2014
    im at 1900 probes atm it says i should be at 4000 is there anyway to catch up? i dont want to miss on the prizes ty for your help also i keep seeing people saying they have found the ray gun in there inventory does everyone get a ray gun or do you have tobuy it or is it a drop. plus do stop getting probes after you squished so many?
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    im at 1900 probes atm it says i should be at 4000 is there anyway to catch up? i dont want to miss on the prizes ty for your help also i keep seeing people saying they have found the ray gun in there inventory does everyone get a ray gun or do you have tobuy it or is it a drop. plus do stop getting probes after you squished so many?

Without donuts there doesn't seem to be anyway to catch up, although I'm behind too and I'm hoping ideas come forward on this point. To get the Ray Gun in you're invento you have to buy one from the store with donuts first and shoot down Kodos. The Ray Gun gets crushed, Frink gets upset and puts one in you're inventory. As for stopping getting probes, I can only guess you're talking about squishing aliens in you're friend's Springfields. There you get probes for you're first 90 actions in a 24 hour period, after that you just get money (and friend points if applicable) as usual. The Rigellian License, which can be purchased for 90 donuts, turns this 90 donuts into 180.
    Hope this helps, and if anybody finds a way of catching up, please tell us!!!

I'm actually about 100 ahead right now, and I don't think it's any coincidence that I've received two gifts of 50 probes from shooting down UFOs in friends towns, which I think happens 30% of the time. Personally I found ammo hard to come by, but the Ray Gun you want gives an ammo every 8 hours. If you have the donuts, I think it's a really good deal right now: effectively two Ray Guns, Kodos and ammo to aid the catch-up process!!
  • MsBehavin69
    32 posts
    edited October 2014
    thanks for your reply yeh its hard, even getting eggs to drop is hard, but i cant afford to buy donuts so will have to see how i go i suppose thanks again
  • Afareye
    71 posts
    edited October 2014
    Do you know if the Hugo and Grand Pumpkin are going away at some point, when another wave comes in? For example, when the ****/DTD Probe prizes phase out, or when the Rigellian items (Queen, Shrub, Hut) come in. Or do we have the whole event to craft everything available?

I was also wondering about this. It doesnt look like I'll get Hugo or Grand Pumpkin before the Ray Guns replace the Probes as currency and I'd hate to think that spells the end of my chances to get them. I'm a Freemium player, by the way, so spending money on donuts to speed up things isnt an option for me, unfortunately.

Great thread, by the way :thumbup: Really helpful for a noob like me :wink:
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    thanks for your reply yeh its hard, even getting eggs to drop is hard, but i cant afford to buy donuts so will have to see how i go i suppose thanks again

I stumbled upon a new tactic this morning actually, if u have a secondary Springfield, make it a friend of your primary Springfield and put all you're Grem-Aliens in that secondary Springfield and DO NOT TAP THEM. You can put 10 in at a time, and if you avoid tapping them that's 40 probes after four hours, when you can just put more down.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Afareye wrote:
    Do you know if the Hugo and Grand Pumpkin are going away at some point, when another wave comes in? For example, when the ****/DTD Probe prizes phase out, or when the Rigellian items (Queen, Shrub, Hut) come in. Or do we have the whole event to craft everything available?

I was also wondering about this. It doesnt look like I'll get Hugo or Grand Pumpkin before the Ray Guns replace the Probes as currency and I'd hate to think that spells the end of my chances to get them. I'm a Freemium player, by the way, so spending money on donuts to speed up things isnt an option for me, unfortunately.

As can be seen at the simpsons tapped out wiki:
    http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Make-a-Thing_Workshop
    It seems to suggest Hugo and the Grand Pumpkin will be available the whole event, and that anything you miss from the probes and laser guns period, can then be crafted in the Make-a-Thing-Workshop! I'm really close to getting Hugo myself, but I'm sure getting everything will get harder as time goes on, especially if I miss something from the probes and laser guns!
    P.S. I don't know what the rules are about links, if they are not allowed I'll be happy to delete it! :)
  • IAmMagical
    27 posts
    edited October 2014
    im already at 5000 probes and halfway to hugo! cant wait to get hugo :D :-)
  • Afareye
    71 posts
    edited October 2014
    AOFIGO009 wrote:
    Afareye wrote:

As can be seen at the simpsons tapped out wiki:
    http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Make-a-Thing_Workshop
    It seems to suggest Hugo and the Grand Pumpkin will be available the whole event, and that anything you miss from the probes and laser guns period, can then be crafted in the Make-a-Thing-Workshop! I'm really close to getting Hugo myself, but I'm sure getting everything will get harder as time goes on, especially if I miss something from the probes and laser guns!
    P.S. I don't know what the rules are about links, if they are not allowed I'll be happy to delete it! :)
    Thanks for the reply; I was just afraid that after Ray Guns replaced Probes as currency, we'd be no longer able to earn probes, and since you can only buy Hugo with Probes, we wouldn't be able to get him. Time will tell, I guess ...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.