EA Forums - Banner

Warning: bug (egg-probes not being counted)

Replies

• BaileyCat88
    259 posts
    edited October 2014
    I shot down an alien spaceship in a neighbor's town, and won 30 donuts. It wasn't added to my total. I am bummed-out.

Contact ea! I wish I was actually getting ammo, I started the update late Wednesday, and since then havent had any more ammo aside from one messily peice.

Sorry to be a dope - but never contacted EA before. Do I click on the Customer Support button at the bottom of the page? Probably.
    Anyway, I haven't received any ammo lately, either. I was thinking maybe they suspended it until the bug was fixed...
  • larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    same here.
  • yxcdf3452
    85 posts New member
    edited October 2014
    philiweiss wrote:
    Same here, gremlins' probes not added, but I think (hope...) UFOs worked. I checked once when I won 50 probes because you can see the counter directly on screen and I believe they were added. Not sure about the other prices, but I guess what worked for the probes will work for the rest too, or shouldn't it?

The probes work when I shoot an ufo, but all other prices do not work. I have done screenshots with my counts before visting friends and afterwards to be 100% sure and have tested this several times. It is not working as it should.
  • Molehouse72
    13 posts
    edited October 2014
    Ticked off now. I made sure last night before I went to bed I recorded my probes on my phone- in the morning, my Gremaliens 'found' 40 probes. Well, they may have 'found' 40, but they must have kept them for themselves as I didn't get Ned Flanders diddly-iddly SQUAT!!

This event is one of the buggiest things I have ever played, and I find myself going from 'eh, they'll fix it' to extreme frustration with every new bug I encounter. To get all the prizes you have to play hardcore and even then I fear I might fall short, especially with all these bugs not giving me my probes and no ammo to shoot down UFOs which may or may not give you what was inside of them, depending on how they feel on the day I suppose.

I trust EA will compensate for all the probes everyone has lost? No, I doubt it - that way they get more money because people will pay for the probes they never received.

• Ruttigger
    9 posts
    edited October 2014
    The chat session I had with ea suggested the bug will be fixed and credits adjusted accordingly - I believe the former, not the latter. The complexities of adjusting all of the probe totals would be astronomical.

A conspiracy theorist might suggest that fix would be delayed so ea can sell donuts for craft ingredient items to gamers getting antsy and worried of their pace.

Thankfully Im not one of those :twisted:
  • BaileyCat88
    259 posts
    edited October 2014
    I shot down an alien spaceship in a neighbor's town, and won 30 donuts. It wasn't added to my total. I am bummed-out.

Contact ea! I wish I was actually getting ammo, I started the update late Wednesday, and since then havent had any more ammo aside from one messily peice.

Sorry to be a dope - but never contacted EA before. Do I click on the Customer Support button at the bottom of the page? Probably.
    Anyway, I haven't received any ammo lately, either. I was thinking maybe they suspended it until the bug was fixed...

I tried the live chat button last night, but didn't want to wait the 105 minutes until they could chat with me (I guess "Live chat" is a misnomer.) Anyway, is there any way to submit a written explanation or help ticket and just hit send?

'Cause ain't nobody got time for that!
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Ruttigger wrote:
    The chat session I had with ea suggested the bug will be fixed and credits adjusted accordingly - I believe the former, not the latter. The complexities of adjusting all of the probe totals would be astronomical.

Well, considering the leaderboard is being updated, it's possible they've got some record of what should be coming through. Even if they can't tell what was or wasn't awarded, they might just be generous and give everyone the full amount of what was/should have been earned from the gremaliens.

I can just imagine the backlash from people who actually bought eggs if they didn't reimburse them in some way or another.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the gremaliens you drop in other towns only count towards the leader board stats. If not, then what does?
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I think you also get leaderboard points for tapping gremaliens in your town too.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited October 2014
    This is also still happening to me: the probes from gremaliens I leave in friends's towns don't get added to my total (and I've kept track when opening/closing the game, etc.).

Luckily my UFO loot is being added appropriately.
  • justabar69
    75 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    yes, it seems that the only bug regarding receiving credit is with putting eggs in friends' springfields. I did another test last night, watched carefully, and when the message came up that I received probes from the egg, my counter did not change. This is a pretty significant aspect of the game, I would think that they would have fixed it by now. EA is certainly aware of the problem. This really makes them look bad. I have to admit, I'm really getting tired of finding out all the different ways EA sucks.
  • barszap785
    454 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I've been keeping track of how many probes I have before I go to bed and then when I get up in the morning and get the message that I earned probes over night. They are never added to my total and so far I've lost close to 250 probes from this. Has anyone contacted EA about this bug? I don't have time to do it myself until probably Wednesday but I was curious as to what they are saying about it.
  • justabar69
    75 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    barszap785 wrote:
    I've been keeping track of how many probes I have before I go to bed and then when I get up in the morning and get the message that I earned probes over night. They are never added to my total and so far I've lost close to 250 probes from this. Has anyone contacted EA about this bug? I don't have time to do it myself until probably Wednesday but I was curious as to what they are saying about it.

I've sent a message and tried unsuccessfully to get a chat going. it says an hour to connect, but then nothing ever comes after several hours. No response on my message, but according to other posts they are well aware of the problem, gave some **** answer about some server being on the wrong time (?! really? what deep dark region of their **** did they pull that excuse out of?) but they're working to fix it, and we SHOULD get credit for past eggs. There were other bugs they fixed right away. They've been aware of this bug from at least the first day, if not before (how could they miss this in beta testing?). There is no excuse for not fixing this. It's not some new bewildering technology, it's a carbon copy of other past events!

FIX IT!!!!
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It stinks! (J. Sherman voice)

I'll stop dropping eggs until it's fixed.

Bumping to keep on page one.

• OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited October 2014

Thank you. I've collected 53 eggs since I stopped droping them.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I too am awaiting the "all clear" before I spend another egg on another town. Seems wise to wait until this works.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It's not working for me, either. No more eggs spent for me until they fix it. Fortunately I'm about to get the donut machine, so at least I'm not losing out.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited October 2014
    I drop eggs into the towns where a neighbor dropped one for me. Other than that, I'm hoarding them until this is fixed.
  • JessicaSayce
    137 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Nothing for me either.
  • Donna4612
    367 posts Member
    edited October 2014

Thank you. I've collected 53 eggs since I stopped droping them.

I'm up to 72 eggs. When it finally gets fixed, I can't wait to bombard my neighbors and neighborettes.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.