EA Forums - Banner

No way you can get the donut torture device in time

Replies

• Mirality
    251 posts
    edited October 2014
    Just finished my neighbour run, only 200 probes to go. Should be able to make that easily. Might even do it tonight if I stay up late enough. :)
  • Blahhh2014
    19 posts
    edited October 2014
    Got both the DTD and Hugo today...spent 0 donuts :)
  • goody_gti
    22 posts
    edited October 2014
    I'm really annoyed about this - yesterday the donut torture device was showing as 5400 probes on the chart, so in the evening I hit that amount - I received a GOLD BAG!!! The chart has since changed to 8000 probes for the prize

Is this a bug? Has anyone else had the problem? I have read elsewhere that the prize was only 5400 probes, so I can't be the only one!!

I have no chance of hitting 8000+ probes before the end, and I've literally been on the game 4 or 5 times a day including the 90 probes from neighbour visits, I don't understand how people are able to do this so soon, or at all
  • tjerk_blik
    20 posts
    edited October 2014
    It has 8050 probes from the beginning

600 probes to go, will probably get it tomorrow morning :)
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    goody_gti wrote:
    I'm really annoyed about this - yesterday the donut torture device was showing as 5400 probes on the chart, so in the evening I hit that amount - I received a GOLD BAG!!! The chart has since changed to 8000 probes for the prize

Is this a bug? Has anyone else had the problem? I have read elsewhere that the prize was only 5400 probes, so I can't be the only one!!

I have no chance of hitting 8000+ probes before the end, and I've literally been on the game 4 or 5 times a day including the 90 probes from neighbour visits, I don't understand how people are able to do this so soon, or at all

Not a bug. Sorry to hear you got confused. Others have also. The blue circle around the prize and the little bump arrow under it are the indicators of what prize you are on.

See my post just made here for one example of how someone could make the 8050 probe target without spending a donut.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10201942.page

I going to make the target in both my towns. I only had 5 kids in my B-Town until the other day when I got Rod/Todd.
  • goody_gti
    22 posts
    edited October 2014
    tjerk_blik wrote:

It did, I agree - but after an update mine DEFINITELY said 5400 donuts
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited October 2014
    goody_gti wrote:

5400 was actually for the gold bag. Now it's too late to check, but before you hit 5400 the DTD was locked and the last gold bag was blue-circled. Now the DTD is blue-circled. 8050 has always been the right amount.
  • goody_gti
    22 posts
    edited October 2014
    goody_gti wrote:

Not a bug. Sorry to hear you got confused. Others have also. The blue circle around the prize and the little bump arrow under it are the indicators of what prize you are on.

See my post just made here for one example of how someone could make the 8050 probe target without spending a donut.

I going to make the target in both my towns. I only had 5 kids in my B-Town until the other day when I got Rod/Todd.

Ok that would make sense!!

I have no chance of getting it then :-(
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    goody_gti wrote:
    goody_gti wrote:

Ok that would make sense!!

I have no chance of getting it then :-(

If you really want it you have some choices. Donuts, of course. Or it will become a crafting item on the 20th. But it will take a lot of treats to get it. I'd suggest working as hard as you can and tomorrow see how many donuts it will take to finish it off. Good luck!

• RobbieGrs
    328 posts
    edited October 2014
    How many probes are needed for it? I started 3 days later and I am at 5000 probes now
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    RobbieGrs wrote:
    How many probes are needed for it? I started 3 days later and I am at 5000 probes now

The donut machine is 8050 probes :D
  • skrcmama234
    18 posts
    edited October 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    Khodro wrote:
    I only have 1400 probes. How many probes do you need for the torture device? No matter what, it's too hard to get many probes. Other than squishing the aliens and the 90 you get from neighbors, what more can you honestly do?
    Would you advice to get the license for 90 donuts?

Im not even at the mutant peackock

I have 2000 and something for now.

If you want to know how did i get that much so far 3 words Rigel 7 Portals

Is your portal giving out 8 aliens? Is it supposed to? Mine is only

giving out 6 for some reason...

I haven't used anything but sqwishing mine and neighbors and I am like 700 away
  • skrcmama234
    18 posts
    edited October 2014
    tjerk_blik wrote:

its been 8050 since the beginning for me and on all the threads walking u through it
  • clslkc1234
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Got my first set of prizes completed yesterday ready for the next set
  • Metaltele
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    It's going to be tight for me. I need another 1000 probes for the DTD and there's 1 day 17 hours left.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    ms_358 wrote:
    I can't wait for Monday morning so that I can make a topic titled "No way you can get the helicopter in time"

Nice! :mrgreen:

You mean there isn't one already? :mrgreen:

And I know people have posted that they don't see how freemium players can get the UBO. :roll: +6 instead of +3 may be one way; per Addicts.

Maybe these titles should be "No way I can get foo in time", with an explanation of their game and game play so we can help them out. Wishful thinking.

[Typo]
  • verov143
    689 posts
    edited October 2014
    150 probes away from DTD! Guess it's time to start hoarding...

Neighbor-eenos: I'll have accumulated gremaliens ready for drop off after new set of prizes is released. Please PM if you would rather have them now. :D

Edit- typo
  • Mirality
    251 posts
    edited October 2014
    Yay! I did stay up a bit last night and it's now mine! And better, I finally hit the questlevel so now in 16h I can get Nelson to help out with the bag collection. Next target: Hugo.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I got the Donut Torture Device today. I just need to collect pumpkins and candy bars for the Grand Pumpkin and unlock the spooky house.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited October 2014
    Got mine today. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.