EA Forums - Banner

Trick to finding UFOs?

I could be wrongbut in my experience the only time the UFOs are visible is when you're actually visiting neighbors to squish grem-aliens. If it's not time, then they are not visible.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I only see them in towns I still have three friend actions in. I don't know if it's coincidence or not.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    psycho1189 wrote:
    I could be wrongbut in my experience the only time the UFOs are visible is when you're actually visiting neighbors to squish grem-aliens. If it's not time, then they are not visible.

I agree with this. I have not seen a UFO in any towns that I have already squashed aliens. One time I visited all 100 neighbors and then went back to look for UFO's but none came up, I gave up looking after about 20 neighbors
  • augold325
    14 posts
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the tips. In that case - How long should I wait in each town when I have aliens to squish? Will they eventually show up in every town if I wait long enough? I'm assuming I have to hold off on squishing the aliens until one shows up to make it work, right?
  • CorporalSully
    31 posts
    edited October 2014
    While I have found UFOs to be more predominant in untapped towns, I have come across a few in towns that have already been visited (three neighbors total).

That said, UFOs have been few and far between overall. I expect that it is due primarily to my short list of neighbors.
  • RichardJH11
    213 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    In my experience, the UFO shows up within the first 5-7 seconds when in a neighbor's town. It would make sense the UFO wouldn't show up if you've already squished the regelians and 24 hours had not yet elapsed.
  • Blastoplast22
    27 posts
    edited October 2014
    I'm 95% sure they'll only spawn in towns with friend actions left.
  • CorporalSully
    31 posts
    edited October 2014
    In my experience, the UFO shows up within the first 5-7 seconds when in a neighbor's town. It would make sense the UFO wouldn't show up if you've already squished the regelians and 24 hours had not yet elapsed.

Yep. From the moment the aliens materialize I count down from five and hit the arrow if the UFO hasn't appeared.
  • augold325
    14 posts
    edited October 2014

Yep. From the moment the aliens materialize I count down from five and hit the arrow if the UFO hasn't appeared.

Good tip - Thanks!
  • Hendrix8341
    191 posts
    edited October 2014

I do the exact same thing.
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Yesterday was the first time I came across a UFO in a neighbours town I had already visited.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm 95% sure they'll only spawn in towns with friend actions left.

This has been my experience as well.
  • edited October 2014
    Is it just out of spite that they seem to appear in most towns I visit when I DON'T have any missiles left :twisted:
  • benb61
    64 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I have seen them in towns that I have friend actions left and in towns that I have visited recently. I also have a few friends that are not playing THOH (no aliens) and have seen them in about 40%-50% of those. Just my experience.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Is it just out of spite that they seem to appear in most towns I visit when I DON'T have any missiles left :twisted:

That was going to be my answer to the question. Get rid of them and you will see UFOs in most towns.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.