EA Forums - Banner

Is that a Joke?

100 donuts for the Rigel portel to spawn 8 Rigelians every 8 hours :evil:

make if more appealing at least EA and spawn 80 :?

And then I guess after the events over it will just gather dust in the corner of peoples Springfields :roll:

8 ? Thought it only spawned 6.

Replies

• edited October 2014
    An even worse deal :roll:
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited October 2014

And then I guess after the events over it will just gather dust in the corner of peoples Springfields :roll:

After the event it will likely become a money generating item or at least will have a multiplier, so it isn't totally worthless. You're quite right though that the payout of aliens isn't significant compared to the spawn rate we already have. I can't recall seeing one of these any of my neighbors' towns yet.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • heatherbea444
    234 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I bought it because of how it looks. It reminds me of Stargate so it's more of just a fun decoration to me.
  • GamerPerfection
    208 posts
    edited October 2014
    It definitely resembles a Stargate.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited October 2014

The timer also says something about locking in Chevrons, so I'm fairly certain that's not an accident.

I got it because I liked the look. Definitely not worth it for the aliens.

Had I realized how much other premium stuff would be on offer later during this event, I probably would've passed. Still, I quite like it.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    You definitely don't need it for the aliens.
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:

The timer also says something about locking in Chevrons, so I'm fairly certain that's not an accident.

I got it because I liked the look. Definitely not worth it for the aliens.

Had I realized how much other premium stuff would be on offer later during this event, I probably would've passed. Still, I quite like it.

I also got it because of how it looked (it's resemblance to the Star Gate). 6 Rigelians every 8 hours is nice, but your right about it not making much of a difference where they are concerned.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    teo47 wrote:

After the event it will likely become a money generating item or at least will have a multiplier, so it isn't totally worthless. You're quite right though that the payout of aliens isn't significant compared to the spawn rate we already have. I can't recall seeing one of these any of my neighbors' towns yet.

I have :cry:
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    welcome to the event. We're half way there :)

This item shouldnt be looked at just for the aliens. Its a very cool, animated, limited time decoration. I remember questioning the value of the ghost zapper last yr, and now regret not having it in my SF
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited October 2014

Think of it as an unique item
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    doh1886 wrote:

though you can have more then 1 :mrgreen:
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • RMVancleav710
    3540 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    my annoyance is King Homer and the Skyscraper for 250...taskless building that helps with vanity id rather spend that money on Barney and the bowlarama or a few smaller items and get more for my buck... :shock: :roll: :(
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    doh1886 wrote:

Definitely, and it is light years better than the transporter. The Portal is nifty, nice look to it.

f029dz.jpg
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited October 2014
    I got one because I like the look of it plus the extra probes, etc. Mind you someone on here was saying they had SEVEN of them.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.