EA Forums - Banner

What was 2014's Best Event

Prev1
Well the super bowl was not a event it was a tie in. Also we still have the Xmas event so its a little early for this poll. But I would say so far I would say the Stonecutters was the best.

Replies

• jclancy959
    503 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Stonecutters so far....but I'm extremely excited for Christmas.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I put the short events in another category as they were too short and focused to be true events IMHO.

For the regular events I choose Stonecutters. Took a while to get into the rhythm of the event but once we knew what to expect and what to do it wasn't so bad. People will have a problem with the prizes and the timing of tasks but it wasn't that bad.
  • sojournfan
    584 posts
    edited October 2014
    So far, I'd have to say the Stonecutters.
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Stonecutters, as I liked that one's innovation the best.

Valentine's = all prizes from Wheel :(
    Easter = Multiple Wheels :evil:
    Stonecutters = random tasks & character groups for event currency :mrgreen:, daily "puzzle" tasks :mrgreen:
    Clash of Clones = timed "attacks" :? , visiting random towns :D , crafting currency & cumulative currency :)
    Halloween = staggered/timed content release :-) , crafting currency & cumulative currency :-)
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I voted for Easter out of pure, sarcastic spite.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    I voted for Easter out of pure, sarcastic spite.

Someone had to show it some love :lol::mrgreen:
  • missnewleaf
    210 posts
    edited October 2014
    I'm surprised to see Easter so high! Bleh. I'm enjoying this Halloween update. I like smooshing the gremaliens. I love non-stop kids trick or treating. Good fun. Simple, not complicated like Easter, imo.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I'm surprised to see Easter so high! Bleh. I'm enjoying this Halloween update. I like smooshing the gremaliens. I love non-stop kids trick or treating. Good fun. Simple, not complicated like Easter, imo.

I'd imagine most folks are voting for it sarcastically, like I did.
  • barryriddl474
    4821 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Stonecutters all day long.
  • jamcec720
    77 posts
    edited October 2014
    I am surprised the stonecutters are so popular, it was one of my least favorite events, I joined late January but by far I enjoyed easter the most. I enjoyed visiting friends and exchanging easter eggs. with them I also enjoyed tapping on bunnies, though it felt a bit wrong.

plus I enjoyed saving the eggs and getting the prizes from the boxs
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    wow...Easter has as many votes as Halloween?!
  • OrdealByFire
    916 posts
    edited October 2014
    Clash of Clones was so **** I basically avoided the whole event. Laaaame.

I'd say Stonecutters or THOH.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Stonecutters will probably always top my list. The parchment puzzle mechanic was brilliant, and I loved seeing all the buildings animate, and I got something like 100 donuts during that event, and having the stonecutters in my town continues to make me happy.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6297 posts Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Stonecutters was awesome and best so far.

Great prizes - Stonecutter Lodge with Number 1, Devils Anvil, Stonecutter Table, Stone of Triumph, Daycare, etc..

Great other content - Number 51, Abandoned Store

Great way to earn prizes - 10 personal prizes + the riddle prizes
  • Samaranth01
    2182 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Stonecutters will probably always top my list. The parchment puzzle mechanic was brilliant, and I loved seeing all the buildings animate, and I got something like 100 donuts during that event, and having the stonecutters in my town continues to make me happy.

:thumbup: I loved those too. They weren't to complicated, but I avoided any threads about them so I could solve them myself. More fun that way. The schedule for the #1 tasks was a bit insane at times, and I only got all of them about half the time with my work schedule, but I still finished it in good time, so, overall it was pretty well balanced.

The doughnuts were good too :mrgreen:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Out of all of the events, exactly how many had people actively participating until the very last minute?
    Which one had the most people pleased with the characters given, the content given, and the prizes given?
    Which one had the best prizes overall? And which one had the best additional prizes?

Only one comes to mind. It wasn't perfect but it had the forums rocking all month long, helping people left and right to earn their prizes, helping with hints and spoilers and encouraging as much participation as possible....just one event.
  • danco214
    1289 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Christmas 2014 is my favorite event so far because there haven't been any complaint threads about it yet.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11572 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    danco214 wrote:
    Christmas 2014 is my favorite event so far because there haven't been any complaint threads about it yet.
    yea i wonder when theyll start. Its getting weird :mrgreen:
    i voted on both THOH cause its the best every year. Close second stonecutters
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Easter hands down. Enjoyed that the most.
  • DanceApocalyptic
    247 posts
    edited October 2014
    I loved the Stonecutters event, but when I stop to contemplate the question I think I enjoyed Valentine's Day the most.

The funny/cute visual tasks (thank God we got to keep the Romantic Stroll), the heart currency, Mindy & Madame Chao's (even though she doesn't have a task there, which makes zero sense and should be corrected ASAP), ... the balloons.

I even liked the wheel even though those stupid wheels are rigged and cheat you and are dumb.

I can't wait for the Christmas 2014 snow.

ETA:

I may be viewing the Valentine's event with rose colored glasses because it felt relatively short and sweet. Because Stonecutters was pretty epic. Stonecutters was EPIC but also easy to do. But not brainlessly easy, it was fun easy.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.