EA Forums - Banner

Finding ultimate team confusing

I never played UT on any ea game before UFC2.
Have to admit, I find this mode more confusing now.

Are all cards universal? Why do some have weight classes on the back? Are they more effective if used in that specific class?

Are perks now consumable? After they are removed after a ceartain number of fights are they gone?

The slots, why am I able to put moves anywhere? I can put kick in the arm slots, is this a mistake?

Replies

• yea its a mess man, I have it figured out now but its still disappointing to say the least
  • lung4444 wrote: »
    I never played UT on any ea game before UFC2.
    Have to admit, I find this mode more confusing now.

Are all cards universal? Why do some have weight classes on the back? Are they more effective if used in that specific class?

Are perks now consumable? After they are removed after a ceartain number of fights are they gone?

The slots, why am I able to put moves anywhere? I can put kick in the arm slots, is this a mistake?

Cards can be used anywhere but the chemistry is better if used in the class described on the back of the card I guess. Chemistry would be the 3 green dots you will see when equipping a card.

Perks are now consumable yeah. Apparently for balancing reasons. They are more rare now. Not sure I like this approach but I like balance so eh, we'll see.

As for putting moves anywhere, I suppose if you want to go all-out on striking, you can still do that by using the striking moves in arms slot. But again, the chemistry will probably suffer from doing it.

That's my take-away anyway. I haven't played UT much yet