EA Forums - Banner

Please add retired career fighter to the SP roster with all stats, moves and fight record intact.

Prev1
One of my favorite things to look forward to in past fighting games was my career fighter being added to the single player modes rosters with his stats, moveset and career fight record intact after he's been retired from the career mode. It's great to be able to continue their fighting journey post-career mode against fighters I may not have crossed paths with during the career or have them challenge my past career fighters to see who's the best. Please make this happen, it was a huge bummer not having this in EA UFC 2.

Replies

• By single player modes I mean Fight Now, Knockout Mode etc..
  • It's not the same having a generic clone CAF version of the career mode fighter being playable in the single player modes, I want the actual exact fighter I just went through the career mode with.
  • I just listened to an interview with Bryan Hayes where he said the only mode you can use your retired career fighter in is Ultimate Team mode. What the hell EA??!? Us career mode players don’t care about the online modes! Let us have our retired fighters, STATS AND FIGHT RECORD INTACT, in Fight Now and the other offline modes! This is unacceptable!

The offline mode players don’t get on these forums to express their desires even though the represent 90% of the people that will be buying and playing this game. Due to them not being nearly as vocal as the multiplayer base I feel I have to speak on their behalf and demand that our retired career fighter be added to all offline modes! THE ACTUAL FIGHTER, NOT A CHEAP CAF CLONE!
  • I’m calling you out on this @SkynetUFC this is an easy fix that would go a long way in adding to the game. I requested this far enough in advanced for something to be done and yet nothing!
  • As a matter of fact @SkynetUFC you have never replied or acknowledged a single idea I have put forth on these forums. I have even seen other members mention how you have completely ignored my requests, asking “why hasn’t SkynetUFC commented on this?”. You must have an unwarranted biased towards me and I feel you are being a poor representive of the EA UFC community.
  • @SkynetUFC this is not a selfish or unrealistic request. It’s an easy fix that will benefit all your customers. This is ridiculous!
  • SkynetUFC
    257 posts UFC Developer
    edited January 2018
    Okay, not shooting you down here, as I agree that this is something that would greatly benefit the offline community. However, in what way do you think this would be easy?

On what authority do you know that? What information do you have to be so certain that this would be an easy thing to do?

And if you think it was so easy, I can only assume you think that we, the devs, have absolutely no love for our playersbase and are just phoning this in. Which is rather insulting.

While I enjoy being available on the forums for people to interact with, and to hopefully shed some light on the process of making games (ours in particular), things like this really push devs away. This is the kind of thing that makes people not come back.

So to clarify this as much as possible: no this would not be super easy to do in all offline modes. If it was super easy, we would obviously do it, because we're trying to put the best product out there that we can. It is that simple. We care about this game, the community that plays it, and the years of our lives that we dedicate to making it.

"I requested this far enough in advanced for something to be done and yet nothing!"

You're not entitled to get your way, simply because you want it. You're entitled to give your opinion.

"You must have an unwarranted biased towards me and I feel you are being a poor representive of the EA UFC community."

I'm sorry you feel that way, but this is something that I have chosen to put in my free time to do, and is in no way a part of my actual job. As noted, I enjoy being able to give a perspective that community managers, other users, or moderators would not be able to give. If what I'm able/willing to offer is making this community worse, then I shall leave it to its own devices, and go elsewhere where that is not the case.

"this is not a selfish or unrealistic request"

Yes, it is.

Now again, I am not disagreeing with your idea. I think it would be great. That does not mean it is easy, and it does not mean it will happen.
  • @SkynetUFC I very much regret using the term "easy" when describing this request. Not because it may have offended you but because you used it as an opportunity to focus on why the request wasn't easy instead of why the request wasn't being addressed. What I meant when I claimed it was "easy" was as over simplification of what the request entails compared to many other requests i've seen on here. It's a request that requires additional coding only. I know coding is no joke, it's complicated work but I'm not requesting adding new fighters/animations/sound effects/physics/lighting effects/damage effects etc.. It's a pure coding issue. On top of that many requests divide the community. For every one person you make happy two others are outraged. This request would be viewed as a 100% positive addition. Literally not a single human being on planet earth would look at this as a negative addition. It's a no brainer to me, you yourself admitted that this is a positive addition. Please Skynet, make this a reality! Please!
  • Dude. I take qualm with that, and address that point, because it is indeed not that simple. It's not just a coding issue.

Is it possible? Yes.

Would it take considerable resources from other tasks that have been deemed more important? Yes.

That is why it hasn't been done. As I said, I don't dislike the idea, and in fact think it would add good value to the game. I'm simply telling you it is not a quick, easy, or simple thing to do, and there is other work that needs doing first.
  • @SkynetUFC Well could you at least humor me and state that this could be a feature that will be added in a future patch? We all know that the single player fan base isn't nearly as vocal as the multiplayer fan base when it comes to adding features (even though the single player fan base makes up the vast majority of your customers) so I can see why you would feel that this addition isn't a priority but believe me when I say this would be greatly appreciated by the silent majority.
  • @SkynetUFC come on brother, this is such an important feature for so many of us! Please man, this is a make-or-break feature for us players that want to spend years playing your career mode. If there's nothing to do with our retired fighters in the single player modes then there is 0 incentive to play multiple careers. YOU CAN DO IT SKYNET, YOU CAN SAVE EA UFC 3!!!!!!!
  • I don't want to shut anyone's good ideas down before they get off the ground, but just to settle this I actually asked around with some of the other devs that would be involved in such a thing. The answer is most likely no. No this is not a thing that will be patchable for UFC 3. Not in the kind of quality you or I or we would want from such a feature.

If this was purely a visual thing, then it would be easier. Doable, even (if priorities aligned with other work). However, the 'right way' to do this, and what you're likely thinking is that your retired fighter as a whole is usable elsewhere. That would include things like stats, perks, move-sets, record, etc. The concept of how your CAF fighter changes during career is a very career-isolated part of the game code, and not something known anywhere else.

So while it's possible that a system could be created to migrate a retired career fighter into an offline CAF, it would take a ton of resources and is not a straightforward process or one we already have elsewhere. However, just having the same fighter model is much easier, which is why you can import a CAF into UT.
  • I much rather have an option to edit the created fighter stats, wins, losses and such. So tired of bruce buffer announcing every single created fighter as making debut here tonight. Been like this for years and it gets annoying for those of us that play a lot of fight now games or custom events. Another solution would be to take that audio part out of the game so that we atleast have a little bit of a fix.
  • SkynetUFC wrote: »
    I don't want to shut anyone's good ideas down before they get off the ground, but just to settle this I actually asked around with some of the other devs that would be involved in such a thing. The answer is most likely no. No this is not a thing that will be patchable for UFC 3. Not in the kind of quality you or I or we would want from such a feature.

If this was purely a visual thing, then it would be easier. Doable, even (if priorities aligned with other work). However, the 'right way' to do this, and what you're likely thinking is that your retired fighter as a whole is usable elsewhere. That would include things like stats, perks, move-sets, record, etc. The concept of how your CAF fighter changes during career is a very career-isolated part of the game code, and not something known anywhere else.

So while it's possible that a system could be created to migrate a retired career fighter into an offline CAF, it would take a ton of resources and is not a straightforward process or one we already have elsewhere. However, just having the same fighter model is much easier, which is why you can import a CAF into UT.

@SkynetUFC Thank you for laying it out for me and asking around. I still have to hope that it's a possibility for this to be added to the game down the road, it really is a must have for us players that want to play multiple careers. If, regrettably, this is never realized for UFC 3 (3 games in a row without this feature is such a travesty) then it has to be in 4. I just can't believe the third game in the series is still missing this, that's so messed up.
  • BoomsticKiller
    104 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I much rather have an option to edit the created fighter stats, wins, losses and such. So tired of bruce buffer announcing every single created fighter as making debut here tonight. Been like this for years and it gets annoying for those of us that play a lot of fight now games or custom events. Another solution would be to take that audio part out of the game so that we atleast have a little bit of a fix.

I defiantly wouldn’t prefer this but it is a decent compromise. Any chance this is a more realistic addition for a future patch, @SkynetUFC ?

edit: grammar.

• How disappointing. What is the point of even playing Career mode more than once? Once you retire... your fighter is effectively gone.
  • QPacBlackaveli
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    i will not buy ufc again for the same reason why even show the player like you can use him with a pad lock on the fighter thats dumb waste of money Never again
  • Hearing it's the fighters debut every time is annoying as hell. Would love to see something done with this
  • With respect to @SkynetUFC response. This was a feature included in a playstation 3 game that still has many features included that were popular with fans that this game is lacking.
    I waited for the sales to buy this game personally because I saw nothing in the reviews for the game that made me want to pay full price and whilst I appreciate that it is not simple to do these things you must respect and recognise that we, as consumers, expect at the very least that the most modern games should be built on the foundations of what was good/came before.
    I hope that in a later title you can continue in a positive direction because this game is certainly better than the two before it but still has lots to go.
  • @SkynetUFC I want to reiterate that this was a feature accessible in a ps3 game. Your trying to make it sound like it would be too difficult to make your CAF fighter accessible in another mode but have conveniantly made them accessible in the game mode containing micro transactions. Clearly it’s possible, clearly it’s not too difficult seeing as how it’s accessible in a different mode. This would be a great homage to long time fans of ufc games. The sheer disappointment when you retire your fighter only to find all of that time was practically meaningless. UFC3 is clearly a vast improvement over the previous two games but is somehow leaps and bounds behind a game that was released on the ps3. I really don’t think you know how much your fan base would appreciate a change like this.