EA Forums - Banner

UFC 3 Newbie I am loving this game

Bedr00mNinja
19 posts Member
edited February 2018
A lot of people don’t seem to like this game, or maybe its just that if you do, no real reason to post, but I for one am loving this game, having never played UFC series before.

After some initial frustrations with the controls, my record online is improving and I get enormous satisfaction from taking my time to pick spammers apart and think about my game. It really does reward you for taking time to learn the moves and watch tutorials online.

Would like to be able to use the mic on occasions but not figured out if this is possible yet.

I even brought some of the combos into my real life training last night.

Great job EA, this is now my go-to game

Replies

• I too am enjoying this game. I posted a positive thread yesterday and then started reading the boards...it does seem you and I are in the minority here lol.
  • Perhaps not on the whole. Forums are a good place to vent and ask questions. If you have nothing to vent or no questions probably no need to post
  • A lot of people don’t seem to like this game, or maybe its just that if you do, no real reason to post, but I for one am loving this game, having never played UFC series before.

After some initial frustrations with the controls, my record online is improving and I get enormous satisfaction from taking my time to pick spammers apart and think about my game. It really does reward you for taking time to learn the moves and watch tutorials online.

Would like to be able to use the mic on occasions but not figured out if this is possible yet.

I even brought some of the combos into my real life training last night.

Great job EA, this is now my go-to game

Can you point me to any of the videos that helped you?
  • Just searched on YouTube for stand up tips, but more importantly ground work tips. Don’t forget I’ve never played before so the whole concept of submissions and ground defence was new to me
  • Play ranked...the cheese is real. But yeah the game offline is awesome playing with friends at home and the new game modes are a good addition. If they fix the few problems the game has its the best ufc game for me.
  • windtear
    21 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    "Newbie love this game" UFC3 is meant to be extremely competitive, as a newbie, you won't see all the [email protected] game breaking implementation (from design lvl) that absolutely destroy it's competitiveness and fairness.

Yes, this game's striking system is mostly very well redesigned and UFC 3 did all the basic ground work to be success, but with a few stubborn dumb design decision, it will never reach its full potential

destroying AI on easy certainly make you feel like a grown man champion of kindergarten and very fun, but if this is what UFC 3 is all about, then wwe 2k18 is just as "awesome"
  • windtear wrote: »
    "Newbie love this game" UFC3 is meant to be extremely competitive, as a newbie, you won't see all the [email protected] game breaking implementation (from design lvl) that absolutely destroy it's competitiveness and fairness.

Yes, this game's striking system is mostly very well redesigned and UFC 3 did all the basic ground work to be success, but with a few stubborn dumb design decision, it will never reach its full potential

destroying AI on easy certainly make you feel like a grown man champion of kindergarten and very fun, but if this is what UFC 3 is all about, then wwe 2k18 is just as "awesome"

I have never played it against AI apart from training sessions, career mode holds no interest for me. Only played ranked championship online and granted only in div 3 (still not sure how that works) but I’m enjoying it very much.
  • windtear wrote: »

I have never played it against AI apart from training sessions, career mode holds no interest for me. Only played ranked championship online and granted only in div 3 (still not sure how that works) but I’m enjoying it very much.

Finding more and more that the people with the biggest issues for the game focus on the AI issues...I also don't care about offline and only play this game for online and am loving it.

I'm sure there's something to that. It's possible the devs focused too much on what the EA GameChangers were discussing regarding online play that offline play got a bit overlooked.
  • munkt0r wrote: »

I too have no interest with offline play. I bought the game purely for online, like UFC 2. However, I find it pretty much unplayable. I wish I could say I was enjoying it too! :neutral:
  • OBZ3N90 wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »

I too have no interest with offline play. I bought the game purely for online, like UFC 2. However, I find it pretty much unplayable. I wish I could say I was enjoying it too! :neutral:

=(
  • OBZ3N90 wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote: »

I guess I don’t come with any preconceptions. Maybe my opinion will change in 6 months, I dont know!

• I guess I don’t come with any preconceptions. Maybe my opinion will change in 6 months, I dont know!

I think it's because I played UFC 2 to death and have grown so accustomed to it. I'm all for change, but this just feels like huge step backwards.
  • I bought it for online too. However new UT mode has zero interest for me. Not allowed to play weight/style I want,combined records for fighters and no individual titles. Mess of a mode compared to UFC 2. Trading it in as no acknowledgment from EA to any issue raised by fans, so appears to be zero prospect of a meaningful patch to come.
  • Flesaur wrote: »
    I bought it for online too. However new UT mode has zero interest for me. Not allowed to play weight/style I want,combined records for fighters and no individual titles. Mess of a mode compared to UFC 2. Trading it in as no acknowledgment from EA to any issue raised by fans, so appears to be zero prospect of a meaningful patch to come.

Well, it hasn't even been a week man...
  • in my opinion the striking in this game has up and downs. im glad they got rid of that stupid damage multiplier from ufc 2 because that 🎃🎃🎃🎃 was hella cheesy with the "magic combinations". i like how ufc 3 really lets you pick your shots, but the chin health needs to get fixed. anything past 4-5 knock downs your chin health should be glass.

im sure they will make changes in the future as they did with ufc 2, give them a chance.