EA Forums - Banner

The unfair AI is not fun to play against at all.

Prev134
If you fight the AI on any difficulty above normal they are the most unfun and unfair things to play against they defend almost every single strike no matter how you mix it up if you try to use head movement they know Excatly wich way you're head will move and hit you leg kicks are pretty much useless against them they always check them and they are almost impossible to deal with on the ground the defend transitions 90% of the time and they will always get out of you're submissions or submit you and you cant really do anything about it.

Replies

• If you fight the AI on any difficulty above normal they are the most unfun and unfair things to play against they defend almost every single strike no matter how you mix it up if you try to use head movement they know Excatly wich way you're head will move and hit you leg kicks are pretty much useless against them they always check them and they are almost impossible to deal with on the ground the defend transitions 90% of the time and they will always get out of you're submissions or submit you and you cant really do anything about it.

This is EXACTLY why I refuse to play, until changes to the A.I. are made I'll be playing other games. Ultimate Team is completely UNPLAYABLE because of the listed reasons.
  • Yeah i agree with this 100%
    I'm really enjoying this game but the AI above normal is nuts. The one time i did manage to beat it i felt like i just been in a real fight lol.

Please sort it out because apart from that im enjoying the game and i belive you have and continue to make improvements
  • Wickedness181
    15 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I took a break from the game for about a week but last night I decide to jump into fight now mode and good god. Here was the [profanity removed] still annoying me
    -I rocked him counting 8 times in the fight and each time i was able to land at least 1 or 2 big strikes (when I could get through his iron bars he has for arms) and can never finish.
    -I'm never in one of those stupid "angles" the developers say you need to be in in order to pounce.
    -Every time he recovers he seems to get a stamina boost.
    -I land 90% of my strikes and his are either blocked or whiffed yet my stamina is half of his. You would think if we're throwing the same amount of strikes and his are missing he should not have way more stamina then me.
    -I'm whipping his **** most of the fight, he rocks me with a kick then knocks me out with a cross.
    Played a rematch and had very similar results
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • RoundAsh2133529
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I have to agree that upon my first day with the game, i was getting extremely annoyed myself with the AI which is nearly impossible to beat. I watched an IGN review of the game and they warned us that the ground game was cumbersome, but i was thinking to myself "they probably just dont know what they're doing, i bet i could figure out the ground game after a bit of time with it!", but no, the submission game is absolutely terrible. Once an AI starts a submission on you, you may as well quit and start over. Also, the AI loses very little stamina no matter what you do. This has been one of the most aggravating game purchases i've ever made! There are previous UFC games with far better gameplay than what i have endured with UFC 3, especially in terms of the ground game.
  • Seriously? It's not good.
  • SkynetUFC
    257 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    If you've got some constructive feedback to improve it, then I'm all eyes.
  • PopsCri wrote: »
    Yeah i agree with this 100%
    I'm really enjoying this game but the AI above normal is nuts. The one time i did manage to beat it i felt like i just been in a real fight lol.

Please sort it out because apart from that im enjoying the game and i belive you have and continue to make improvements

This...is exactly the point? The higher difficulties are not meant to be easy, they're supposed to be a challenge. In fact, feedback from some of the higher level players is that it's too easy for them.

The higher level AIs don't cheat, and they don't know exactly which way you're going to move your head, etc. They do, however, make better use of their own strikes and abilities. Most AI's actually don't have very good grapple defense either, unless you've given them a grapple or stamina advantage over you. Some ground-centric fighters like Demian Maia or Khabib will punish you on the ground if you don't know what you're doing, however they're certainly not impossible. They just require a much stronger understanding of high-level grapple game techniques.

As to bugs/fixes incoming, the AI's ability to check leg kicks has been improved greatly, and mixups will be notably more effective with kicks. AI's submission skills have also been reduced, as discussed in a few other threads, and they should no longer be terminators once they start a submission.
  • SkynetUFC
    257 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I took a break from the game for about a week but last night I decide to jump into fight now mode and good god. Here was the [profanity removed] still annoying me
    -I rocked him counting 8 times in the fight and each time i was able to land at least 1 or 2 big strikes (when I could get through his iron bars he has for arms) and can never finish.
    -I'm never in one of those stupid "angles" the developers say you need to be in in order to pounce.
    -Every time he recovers he seems to get a stamina boost.
    -I land 90% of my strikes and his are either blocked or whiffed yet my stamina is half of his. You would think if we're throwing the same amount of strikes and his are missing he should not have way more stamina then me.
    -I'm whipping his **** most of the fight, he rocks me with a kick then knocks me out with a cross.
    Played a rematch and had very similar results

You're quite right, and the fact is that the AI has no advantages here. The game doesn't even know it's an AI playing. The AI sits on top of the game logic, and just feeds it inputs like a user does.

So, that just tells me that what you think is happening, is likely not what's happening. If the AI throws and wiffs a bunch of strikes, then it is definitely going to lose stamina. However, if I had to guess, I would say you're likely throwing more strikes than the AI is while not at full stam, and the AI is perhaps landing more shots to the body than you are. That, or you're throwing larger strikes that are missing. Really, it boils down to the fact that the AI has no advantages here, it's all the way they fight. If you're losing more stamina than them, it's because you're spending more than they are, one way or another.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • KnocksYOUoutCold
    430 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    SkynetUFC wrote: »
    PopsCri wrote: »
    Yeah i agree with this 100%

This...is exactly the point? The higher difficulties are not meant to be easy, they're supposed to be a challenge. In fact, feedback from some of the higher level players is that it's too easy for them.

The higher level AIs don't cheat, and they don't know exactly which way you're going to move your head, etc. They do, however, make better use of their own strikes and abilities. Most AI's actually don't have very good grapple defense either, unless you've given them a grapple or stamina advantage over you. Some ground-centric fighters like Demian Maia or Khabib will punish you on the ground if you don't know what you're doing, however they're certainly not impossible. They just require a much stronger understanding of high-level grapple game techniques.

As to bugs/fixes incoming, the AI's ability to check leg kicks has been improved greatly, and mixups will be notably more effective with kicks. AI's submission skills have also been reduced, as discussed in a few other threads, and they should no longer be terminators once they start a submission.

@SkynetUFC and yet still no word on addressing the insane amount of damage needed to rock or KO the A.I.? all they have to do is hold high block and move backwards and ALL incoming damage is nullified. To quote a current thread title: " The A.I. is not fair or fun to fight against." I've already stopped playing Ultimate Team because of this. How many times must we have to beg for A.I. nerfs? Some players such as myself only play Single Player UT, and now that's not possible because of the frustratingly overpowered A.I. I would love nothing more then to play Single Player UT, and I can't. Please tell the devs to nerf the A.I. health pool, and their ability to absorb far too much damage. They also need to tweak their ability to immediately deny clinch attempts and takedowns when rocked. Thanks.
  • The AI's health pool is just as large as yours (well it's based on the stats, so possibly even lower), and their defense is no stronger than a players.

If the AI is always moving backwards, that means they're an easy target for jamming against the cage. If they always run away, then pin them into a corner and start working them. Their block will break down just as fast as a player's would.

There is no such thing as an AI health pool modifier, it's simply the health that fighter has, and the AI is controlling them.
  • BoomsticKiller
    104 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @SkynetUFC It’s like the AI is a master of time and space. They have a magnetic ability that allows them to fly in and smother me with super fast combos the instant they reach the correct distances.

They are way, way more efficient and relentlesss with the stamina draining body attacks, way more capable than I since I seem to eat uppercuts any time I go for a body punch and the vast majority of my kicks are blocked.

I’ve put some good beatings on the AI standing up but it just seems way more fair to get into a grappling match with them. It’s really close to where it needs to be but it needs nerfing in some parts (stamina drain/distance/counters/defense). I probably only stand and trade with them 10% of the time. I don’t want the AI lobotomized but it’s way more aggressive and proficient than any of its real life counterparts. Sorry I’m not one of the “best players” so it just isn’t fun to play against this AI for me.
  • KnocksYOUoutCold
    430 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    SkynetUFC wrote: »
    The AI's health pool is just as large as yours (well it's based on the stats, so possibly even lower), and their defense is no stronger than a players.

If the AI is always moving backwards, that means they're an easy target for jamming against the cage. If they always run away, then pin them into a corner and start working them. Their block will break down just as fast as a player's would.

There is no such thing as an AI health pool modifier, it's simply the health that fighter has, and the AI is controlling them.

@SkynetUFC If that is indeed the case, then why am I hearing other player's complaints of facing Connor McGregor and them needing to land an absurd 22 Muay Thai knees to get the KO? That is far too much damage realistically speaking.
  • KnocksYOUoutCold
    430 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @SkynetUFC How are the A.I. able to also block all incoming strikes while rocked simply by holding high block and walking backwards? Even mixing up strikes has no effect, as they block everythy with no damage bleeding through their guard.
  • Also the AI that “mirrors your every move until you stand still then goes in for the attack” isn’t very fun to play against. It seems very “robotic” when that AI opponent instantly reacts to every direction you move in, like it’s your reflection.
  • KnocksYOUoutCold
    430 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @SkynetUFC I've already made a list of all A.I. changes that need to take place, but I'll go ahead and re-post it here:

#1 The A.I. absorb far too much damage before a health event or KO occurs.(This was not an issue during the beta so what changed?)

#2 The A.I. can block all incoming strikes while rocked simply by holding high block and walking backwards.

#3 The A.I. can instantly deny clinch attempts and takedowns when rocked.

#4. The A.I. lose far too little stamina for throwing combos spinning strikes. i've had matches where the A.I. threw strikes from bell to bell and lost almost no stamina.

#5 The A.I. simply react to the player's button inputs instead of fighting like the real life counterparts they are supposed to represent.

#7 The A.I can block most attempted transition attempts by the player, this makes it extremely difficult to get up or out of a dominant ground or clinch position

These are for myself and others like me who only play Single Player UT game breaking issues that need to be addressed immediately. Thanks.
  • @SkynetUFC How are the A.I. able to also block all incoming strikes while rocked simply by holding high block and walking backwards? Even mixing up strikes has no effect, as they block everythy with no damage bleeding through their guard.

I'd say that they're not doing anything you yourself can't do if you were put in the same situation. Again, this is the game logic running and not the AI doing anything special. They're just holding r2 and walking backwards.

Perhaps they are using better block breaking tactics/combos than you are, and are therefore having an easier time getting through your block when you're the one who's rocked? You can see the block breakdown meter in the light blue color with health etc. Their block takes damage same as yours when hit.
  • Also the AI that “mirrors your every move until you stand still then goes in for the attack” isn’t very fun to play against. It seems very “robotic” when that AI opponent instantly reacts to every direction you move in, like it’s your reflection.

I have also stated this fact in multiple posts, the A.I. are simply reacting to the player's button inputs instead of fighting like the real life counterparts they are supposed to represent.

Many of the AIs are indeed a bit too glued to your movement for my tastes, but I've simply had bigger fish to fry. I'd love to have them more consistently do the in and out range finding movement you see most irl fighters and players do. So far I simply haven't made the time to do it yet, though.
  • SkynetUFC wrote: »
    The AI's health pool is just as large as yours (well it's based on the stats, so possibly even lower), and their defense is no stronger than a players.

@SkynetUFC If that is indeed the case, then why am I hearing other player's complaints of facing Connor McGregor and them needing to land an absurd 22 Muay Thai knees to get the KO? That is far too much damage realistically speaking.

Because people would rather blame the AI and not their own lack of skills/knowledge of the game.
  • @SkynetUFC while I can certainly agree that is a possibility, if said players already have McGregor in the Muay Thai plum and needed to land 22 consecutive knees to the face in order to get the KO then something is clearly wrong(assuming the player denied McGregor's transition attempts) as that Is still far too much damage taken before the KO occurred.