EA Forums - Banner

Upcoming Patch Changes!

Regulas
47 posts Member
I know many of us are frustrated with this game and how its been handled, but let us alleviate some of that rage with this. This should at least give some assurance that EA is actively working on the game... they just don't tend to post about it here... w/e ANYWAY

A most benevolent UFC 3 Developer, Geoff Harrower, on Twitter has started to tease some upcoming Patch changes.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/patchspoilers?src=hash

-Reduced AI tendency to check leg kicks. #patchspoilers

Also - Tune takedown speed and ranges. This change makes the speed of takedowns depend on range, and will fix the problem where you could hit a really fast double leg takedown from outside of kicking range. (no more getting double legged from the other side of the cage)

^ those are two big a nice ones. Anyway, you all can read the rest at your leisure.

And here's a video of the gamechanger Martial Mind describing them if you'd like,

and he also seems to insinuate that more patch teaser notes will be released in the coming days and he seems to indicate toward the end of the video that he knows a lot more that he isn't allowed to talk about yet, but says that its good stuff and he seems pretty excited about it. I hope that even more of it will focus on balancing the AI, as Martial has expressed many times in the past that he genuinely prefers offline play to online, so I would like to believe that hes pushing/has been pushing for a better offline experience including the balance of the AI and all that jazz.

Anyone interested in getting more up to date news I would encourage to follow Geoff on twitter and MArtial Mind on youtube as well. Stay tuned to these guys for updates basically.

Replies

• Marshal are not a game changer.He is only YouTuber
  • Regulas
    47 posts Member
    Marshal are not a game changer.He is only YouTuber

https://www.google.com/search?num=20&client=firefox-b-1&biw=1920&bih=916&ei=7BicWvfxA8SUzwKXhIaIBg&q=Martial+Mind+gamechanger+EA+UFC+3&oq=Martial+Mind+gamechanger+EA+UFC+3&gs_l=psy-ab.3...0.0.0.67120.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.TVt_yGdZnoA

Ummm... no?

IDC if he's a game changer or not tbh. Regardless of whether or not he is, he has influence and connections that the rest of the public do not. Regardless, that's not the point of this thread.
  • Hopefully the patch makes It more realistic and less arcadey spam fests
  • Regulas wrote: »
    Marshal are not a game changer.He is only YouTuber

https://www.google.com/search?num=20&client=firefox-b-1&biw=1920&bih=916&ei=7BicWvfxA8SUzwKXhIaIBg&q=Martial+Mind+gamechanger+EA+UFC+3&oq=Martial+Mind+gamechanger+EA+UFC+3&gs_l=psy-ab.3...0.0.0.67120.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.TVt_yGdZnoA

Ummm... no?

IDC if he's a game changer or not tbh. Regardless of whether or not he is, he has influence and connections that the rest of the public do not. Regardless, that's not the point of this thread.

Martial Mind is a good representative for the cause. He prefers single player or multiplayer online as do the majority of players of the game. That's why the validity of the AI is important to him and the rest of us.

Understand this. EA's preference is that everyone play the Ultimate Team mode (online) because that's where they have the opportunity to cash in on the microtransactions! EA makes the lion's share of their money in Madden and FIFA in those modes. That's where they want us all to play in UFC 3. From EA's point of view, GOAT mode is just an entry level drug, that will get everyone playing UT online and spending big bucks on in game purchases. EA really doesn't want to have to drop all this extra time, effort and money tweaking or reprogramming the AI for single player modes, because that AI ain't making them no money.

From EA's point of view single player modes and the AI is a necessary evil that has to be tolerated and included, so that the players will eventually end up in UT online where the real micro-transactions and in-game purchases can begin.

Martial Mind is a high profile guy who fortunately for us prefers and has the most fun in single player modes. And he has advocated that the AI be considerably improved, and he has some good ideas. And he represents a big chunk of us who prefer single player and offline modes. Hopefully he does have some influence with EA.

I watched many of Martial's videos. He was and is still a big fan of THQ's UFC 3 undisputed. He knows how rich EA's single player game could be, because he has experienced it in THQ's UFC3. From THQ's tutorial mode, to their Pride modes, to their Deep Career Mode to their reasonable AI and energy modes, THQ's UFC 3 really made a fun , and rewarding single player experience. If EA's frostbite engine and developers can take anything from THQ's UFC 3 Undisputed, they should take every feature they can (every feature). Even THQ's UFC 3's ability to create your own dramatic highlight reels, with slo mo, your own music, was just awesome. Would make our community go ape over this game.

I bring all this up because a high plausible, high quality AI along with a user controlled stamina management system would dramatically impact the sales and long term viability of the UFC franchise. IMO the enthusiasm and loyalty of the online players is not enough because they really do represent only the vocal minority. The AI and offline modes are of no concern whatsoever for those online players who prefer the UT pay-to-win modes. The fallacy is that EA tries to appease this segment of the market, bu irl most of the potential market for the UFC game franchise is in single player modes.

For EA to capitalize on real potential of the UFC games, EA's offerings need to have:

A legitimate, plausible, fun AI
    A more fleshed out GOAT mode
    2 or 3 good single player game modes (outside of GOAT mode)
    A good Practice & Tutorial mode (just copy the one from THQ's UFC 3 Undisputed)
    Deep CAF customization (including your own Banner!)

And if EA can't give us this stuff, turn over the UFC IP to someone who can and will.

• Just to clear things up, Martial is indeed one of the game changers, and does have a fair amount of influence or at least can speak to things he wants changed.

As to our priorities of offline vs online, no. No no no. We absolutely do not do AI and offline modes as a necessary evil...my entire job is to focus on offline AI, and there are others here who work largely on offline work as well. In fact, we put way more resources into offline modes than online ones in UFC 3, by a fair margin.

We want all our users to play the game and enjoy it in the way they most want to.

There are many of us internally, as well as fans like yourselves and many at operation sports, who advocate for more offline content. There are also tons of people who want more online content (outside of UT).
  • SkynetUFC wrote: »
    Just to clear things up, Martial is indeed one of the game changers, and does have a fair amount of influence or at least can speak to things he wants changed.

As to our priorities of offline vs online, no. No no no. We absolutely do not do AI and offline modes as a necessary evil...my entire job is to focus on offline AI, and there are others here who work largely on offline work as well. In fact, we put way more resources into offline modes than online ones in UFC 3, by a fair margin.

We want all our users to play the game and enjoy it in the way they most want to.

There are many of us internally, as well as fans like yourselves and many at operation sports, who advocate for more offline content. There are also tons of people who want more online content (outside of UT).

Thanx for your response. I am very very happy to be both wrong about and ignorant of the internal opinions, efforts, and investments relative to Offline play. You are on the inside, I am not. So its very good to hear that my worse fears and opinions that are based on those worse fears are absolutely baseless. Glad to be wrong. Very Glad!

That being said, one thing I do have the facts straight on is THQ's UFC Undisputed 3 has a considerably and a measurably richer single player and offline experience than EA. So given your response I am going to from this point on be cheering for you guys, hoping that you are allowed to make the single player game as rich as you want and as rich your toolset allows.

I will wait to see how the other players respond to the new patches, and that will determine whether I re-purchase UFC 3.

Cheers
  • jackabee5
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Anybody not prefer the beta, this crap about the stamina and walking around like a drunk for half the match, this has been the biggest let down i personally have ever witnessed, i preordered because of the beta had its issues but had fun with it, between the bad ideas of the developers and youtubers and their legions of idiots your left with a game thats zero fun, how many times you got to hear about reality from people that are allergic to physial activity, you want reality go to a gym and have your teeth handed to you, i play games to relax and have fun

{EA_Lanna: Removed last sentence. A bit dark.}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on