EA Forums - Banner

Career Mode Complaints

Is it just me or does career mode feel far too repetitive? You have to follow the same structure every time and it gets to a point where it just becomes unrealistic and begins to become boring. Also, I find it crazy how you have to get to about 20 fights before you can fight for a title. I'll throw an example out, Francis N'Gannou had about 6 fights, all finishes and got a title shot whereas in career mode even if you have 15 first round finishes and are unbeaten in the UFC you are still a couple of fights off a title shot. As well as that, I don't understand why you have to take a super fight and move up division. Last thing (I promise for now) when you are eventually champion or at least near the top of the rankings it seems to be that the majority of the time you are fighting current UFC fighters despite them being ridiculously old and having terrible records. I understand having some around the top still but I find that part of the enjoyment of fighting someone in career mode is becoming the first guy to give a top level guy a loss. At least start to feed in AI created fighters with good records and good skill levels. I have a career mode that's 50-0 and I just fought the likes of Werdum, N'Gannou, Overeem and Hunt, some of them even being in their 50's and having over 100 fights on their record!

Replies

• Something that I have noticed. I have started a new career mode today and I'm 8-0, with all 8 wins being a finish. I'm not in the top 15, yet 5th ranked is 7-6, 7th ranked is 4-5, 10th and 11th ranked are both 6-6, 12th ranked is 4-7 and 14th ranked is 6-4. Something seriously needs to be sorted out here.
  • I feel the same and said about the same thing after the game release.

https://forums.ea.com/en/ufc/discussion/203473/carrer-mode-need-update#latest

Another terrible think is your suppose to become the goat. But after you become the goat, go see the ranking and you will realize that the champion from 2018 are ALL still champion in every division, maining that they are all undefeated in the last 10 years and if you look at their records, half of them have more victory than you, even if the game told you that you have the ufc winning record.

In the career mode, the simulation and ranking are totaly broken. They have no sense at all. After you become champion, the game don't even use the ranking to determine your fight. You are fighting fighter that can be 7, 8 or 9 in the ranking. In real life, champion usualy fight someone 1, 2 or 3 contender.

That give you the impression to be the worst champion in history.

Look the ranking of other division after you became the goat. . A lot of actual fighter have more than 40 or 50 victory. No sense at all.
  • Aralkar wrote: »
    Another terrible think is your suppose to become the goat. But after you become the goat, go see the ranking and you will realize that the champion from 2018 are ALL still champion in every division, maining that they are all undefeated in the last 10 years and if you look at their records, half of them have more victory than you, even if the game told you that you have the ufc winning record.

In the career mode, the simulation and ranking are totaly broken. They have no sense at all. After you become champion, the game don't even use the ranking to determine your fight. You are fighting fighter that can be 7, 8 or 9 in the ranking. In real life, champion usualy fight someone 1, 2 or 3 contender.

That give you the impression to be the worst champion in history.

Look the ranking of other division after you became the goat. . A lot of actual fighter have more than 40 or 50 victory. No sense at all.

I was gonna mention this but I felt as though I had posted a lot as it is. But yeah, this is completely true. I feel as though the records required to be the GOAT should adjust over time, as Michael Bisping holds the most UFC wins and he stays the Middleweight champion throughout the entire career unless you take the belt off him.
  • Lol. I fought a 60 year old Mark Hunt! My fighter was 35.
  • Has anyone else also noticed that after and even before the superfight, when you become the champion, joe rogan and the other guy keep calling you a contender? on your walk out. Also I have noticed recently that no matter how many times i win the belt in a row, Michael Buffer keeps saying after the fight, "AND NEW!!!!!!" its really annoying. not sure if this is just my issue or an actual bug in the game.
  • @VendableBowtube I've asked our audio team if they're aware of the issue. Thanks for posting, and I'll let you know what they say
  • SkynetUFC wrote: »
    @VendableBowtube I've asked our audio team if they're aware of the issue. Thanks for posting, and I'll let you know what they say

Thanks, its gotten annoying haha
  • I'm pretty sure this was fixed in the patch! Some other users reported the issue was gone, anyway... let me know if you're s till seeing it :)
  • I’m in the Lightweight division and when I first got my UFC contract, there was a guy called Boom Me Rakatan (or something like that) who had a record of 7-9. The silly thing is that he was the top contender ahead of the likes of Khabib and Tony Ferguson.
    One other problem is the fact that you can KO your final WFA opponent in one round and they will still talk **** and somehow still get a UFC contract after you. How does this make sense?
  • The truth is that ea doesn't particularly care about us single player users. Personally i just want to feel like a real fight career, having to do a promotion every week is lame, sparring & training objectives can be plain ridiculous, you can never really gain enough per week to significantly change attributes and fighting an actual fight gives you know attribute boosts. Its a little crazy to think a company that once revolutionized career mode gaming has taken such a massive step back in all games, all for online modes that really arent much to brag about. #bringbacksingleplayergaming
  • [quote="ScottSlaug27;c-2121479"]The truth is that ea doesn't particularly care about us single player users. Personally i just want to feel like a real fight career, having to do a promotion every week is lame, sparring & training objectives can be plain ridiculous, you can never really gain enough per week to significantly change attributes and fighting an actual fight gives you know attribute boosts. Its a little crazy to think a company that once revolutionized career mode gaming has taken such a massive step back in all games, all for online modes that really arent much to brag about. #bringbacksingleplayergaming[/quote]

Obviously i meant no*
  • I hope in UFС 4 EA make better career mode.
  • EA_Blueberry
    2854 posts EA Community Manager
    I hope in UFС 4 EA make better career mode.

@arcone7seven

Since this post is from 2018 I'm going to close it down to avoid others resurrecting it. Feel free to create a new topic with an emphasis around career mode! A great way to kick off the discussion is asking what features you love within career modes and what you think could make it even better. Thanks for posting on the forums!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!