EA Forums - Banner

Jab straight hook hook

This is all anyone throws since the patch,because they can throw over 100 strikes per round and lose minimal stamina. But using head movement to avoid these once the third one breaks your block drains more long term stamina than just throwing these spam attacks nonstop. Can you guys hire THQ to fix this series yet orrrrrrr

Replies

• Hey, this is what happens when a bunch of people complain about something that isn't actually an issue, like head movement. It was never ever overpowered, people just didn't know how to deal with it. Anyone ever hear of body shots? Leg Kicks? The proper punch to counter the sway? It was quite literally fine the way it was. But rather than solving the problem with skill they cried and got their way. And the result? A spam fest, unrealistic, pile of garbage festering in the summer sun. It went from a highly enjoyable game with only one major flaw being the AI fight IQ, to a game that is enjoyable for maybe 15 minutes at a time.

None of the real issues from my perspective were fixed. They were instead amplified. The new head movement system has altered everything for the worse. Spammers paradise and the previously godlike AI fight IQ is amplified by limiting the players ability to counter and be defensive.

Just to reiterate, previous counters to head movement prior to the patch: Body shots, leg kicks, or the correct strike to the head to counter the sway. AI never had any issues knocking me out because of my sways, so it was not an issue with mechanics. It was completely fair in that respect.

If someone is so good at swaying that they dodge all your dumb strike selections and counters you then they should be rewarded for their skills. They should not be hindered to accommodate for people who can't hang with that style in an attempt to "level the playing field."
  • I think some of the new mechanics introduced to the game are very interesting. However, it seems like there are less safe starters now with straights and other counters being effective. So it really limits the viable pool of moves you can use as BB. I think that increasing stamina usage per move or other stamina tweaks would solve many of the issues. You really shouldn't be able to spam hooks for as long as you can right now. It's just not healthy for the game imo.
  • Head movement was OP . if you say it was not op you have no idea about the game. or you were just Conner and loved to cheat
  • Head movement was OP . if you say it was not op you have no idea about the game. or you were just Conner and loved to cheat
    connor was always beatable,but now connor players can spam minor sway straights faster than any strike you throw to counter it. Its not cheating to them its just them taking advantage of broken mechanics. I hate connor players but most of them have big flaws and low fight IQ.
  • No, it's jab jab -> jab jab hook hook -> jab jab -> jab jab hook hook.

nope. because there were counters to the head movement. you know how many head kick KOs I got because of some guy abusing head movement? a ton, and it was so satisfying everytime. now the headmovement has been nerfed, and punch counters have been completely ruined because of it. it is now back to the crap that was ufc 1 and 2 striking.
    connor was always beatable,but now connor players can spam minor sway straights faster than any strike you throw to counter it. Its not cheating to them its just them taking advantage of broken mechanics. I hate connor players but most of them have big flaws and low fight IQ.

I like to fight with Conor and I like to believe I have a high fight IQ lol. But I never had a hard time beating him in a fight, not now or pre-patch...Max, Barboza, ST are all viable options in every class Conor is in.
  • I think moving around will defeat any spamming punch combo. If your opponent is literally throwing all four strikes in quick succession, then a nice jab-body roundhouse or switch kick will punish them every time. Once they anticipate that body kick after they throw their repetitive combo and either block low or back up for an overhand, a jab-spinning heel will rock or KO them (a 1-2-roundhouse works well also). Now you're in their head and you have the momentum to start getting your offense off.