EA Forums - Banner

Please fix sways

I have trying to fight more defensively by using sways. I am rather enjoying it but there have been some instances that seem very poorly tuned:

- I will be leaning in a direction and the the opponent strikes with a body roundhouse. I will take huge damage...why? What is the difference between standing and leaning? Same circumstance but I have slipped 2 - 3 strikes then opponent throws a body roundhouse. Huge damage. Why? Seems unrealistic specially since my arms are tucked by my sides.

- I have slipped 1-3 punches, then strike with rising upper, opponent takes it on the chin, but then throws their own upper and I’m stunned...doesn’t seem correct.

Major seats away from leg kicks is broken. Fighter stops short and takes leg kick damage.

- Kinda the same: An opponent waits at their starting position at the beginning of the round. I walk over. Strike them 3-4 times without them moves by or attempting to block, I back off, they don’t move, I strike them again 3-4 times, then go for the clinch, one uppercut from them puts me on the ground with little recovery time

Possible solution for first two: Decaying amount of vulnerability and damage taken multiplier based on strikes slipped. Also, add blocking to sways

Replies

• That makes no sense....don’t matter how much u slip if you get caught you get caught.
  • spyder924 wrote: »
    That makes no sense....don’t matter how much u slip if you get caught you get caught.

He's not saying getting caught shouldn't hurt, he's saying that the tuning isn't realistic. The game has certain strikes completely out of balance. The counter uppercut and any shot after a caught kick being the biggest examples.

It's especially irritating considering the other areas they haven't gotten correct. You can't sway with your block up, so anytime you lower your level you're asking to get stopped even if you're way ahead and your opponent is exhausted.

Also, punch accuracy seems to be all or nothing and doesn't take into account throwing punches across your body. Someone throws a left uppercut, I sway towards their right shoulder to set up a counter left hook to the body, and oddly their initial uppercut catches me flush. It's all just painfully unrealistic and renders slipping punches a fool's mission.

• spyder924 wrote: »
    That makes no sense....don’t matter how much u slip if you get caught you get caught.

He's not saying getting caught shouldn't hurt, he's saying that the tuning isn't realistic. The game has certain strikes completely out of balance. The counter uppercut and any shot after a caught kick being the biggest examples.

It's especially irritating considering the other areas they haven't gotten correct. You can't sway with your block up, so anytime you lower your level you're asking to get stopped even if you're way ahead and your opponent is exhausted.

Also, punch accuracy seems to be all or nothing and doesn't take into account throwing punches across your body. Someone throws a left uppercut, I sway towards their right shoulder to set up a counter left hook to the body, and oddly their initial uppercut catches me flush. It's all just painfully unrealistic and renders slipping punches a fool's mission.

Thank you Hawke