EA Forums - Banner

Overpowered ground game for the AI

Just got in to division 7 in single player and it is becoming unplayable because of the ridiculous over powered ground game.all they do is take me down and then block every single transition till my stamina has disappeared and then either submit me or get me in the crucifix which is impossible to escape from.won't be long and I think I will be giving up and this will be the last ea game I'll ever buy as its disgusting how much they cheat you!

Replies

• And now an impenetrable guard when rocked to add to the ground game means I'm done and ea can do one,cheating greedy money grabbing gits
  • Kh3ll
    381 posts Member
    For the record, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence if these are things you are already doing. I'm just trying to help a fellow community member out.

What style/s are you fighting with. I'm in division 8 and may be able give some tips for you. For starters:

As a general rule you don't want to squirm when on the bottom. Most of the time, but not all, the A.I. only goes for submissions when it has stamina advantage. Don't transition unless you have grapple advantage.

Keep them out of side control, and off your back at all costs. Don't focus on anything, but these when you are in a position they are able to transition to. The places you want to be in to build grapple advantage are submissive full guard, half guard, full mount, and backside. If you escape side control, have a takedown denied let them go to backside.

Submissive Full Guard - You pretty much just sit here for this one. You can try to deny, but the A.I. fakes so much it's pointless. The only useful thing that can happen is you get posted up on. Cover your head, give up your stomach. Once you have full grapple advantage get up.

Submissive Half Guard - Here your biggest concern is side control. Don't bite on full mount fakes. Full mount is a much safer place. Your only focus is denying side control. Eventually the A.I. is going to post up, again this is your best chance to escape. Just like full guard you are going to cover your head, and take the body shots. Once you have full grapple advantage reverse to dominate backside and stand up.

Submissive Full Mount - This one sucks, but it's better than the alternative. Cover up, and once the A.I. is posted up it takes 3 shots to fill grapple advantage. Pull them down, and you still have grapple advantage to immediately escape to half guard. I find a lot of the times the A.I. will post up in half guard at this time.

Submissive Backside - Let the A.I. go in circles in front of you as long as you deny your back. Generally it will just sit on a side and punch you in the face. Cover up, and fill your grapple advantage. Once full, reverse to dominate backside, and stand up.

When escaping a submission, you want to make sure you are pushing all 4 gates. I made a video in this post.

https://forums.ea.com/en/ufc/discussion/comment/1952851#Comment_1952851

When escaping from submissive crucifix if you are denied normally, it is similar to a arm trap. It's a small window at the start of the strike. Right trigger + right stick away from the side your opponent is laying on. I made a video in tis post.

https://forums.ea.com/en/ufc/discussion/221898/how-do-you-do-this-escape-from-submisive-crucifix#latest
    I have mental health disabilities that prevent me from leaving the house. I like to play UFC 3 Ultimate Team, so I do. Probably too much.
  • I'm using the caf striker which I know has a crap ground game,when you say grapple advantage what do you mean? Is there an indicator I have been missing or is it just down to timing?I do like the game but its got so many unrealistic flaws and advantages when playing against the ai in single player that I'm starting to lose my temper with it!thank you very much for the tips its much appreciated.
  • Kh3ll
    381 posts Member
    There is a line in the middle of the screen at the top. The left side fills red, and the right side fills blue. That is the grapple advantage meter. Which ever way it sways is who has the advantage.

What are you running in your grapple slots?

When I rock the A.I., I pressure with repeated jabs until the block breaks. I follow it up with an overhand. It gets them almost every time.
    I have mental health disabilities that prevent me from leaving the house. I like to play UFC 3 Ultimate Team, so I do. Probably too much.
  • I'll try that with the guard and I'll keep an eye on that meter when I'm taken down again.in my clinch slot is gold Thai clinch whip,submission gold heel hook,ground gold arlovski wrestling reversals and takedown gold power double leg takedown but I never try and take them down as I always get dominated on the floor!
  • Kh3ll
    381 posts Member
    What are the stats though? Personally I would recommend going with all +6 subd +3 bot. Even if they aren't in the right spots. It will get you a 93 sub def, and an 81 bottom game. That will give you your best shot on the bottom.
  • OK I'll try that and thank you for your tips.
  • Kh3ll
    381 posts Member
    No problem, good luck. Hit me up, if you run into trouble.
  • Kh3ll
    381 posts Member
    @varg1111 I put together a couple videos to show you what I was explaining. I just got 4* Cormier yesterday so I was using him. I tried to get the best of the weight class for examples. Sadly Stipe wouldn't show up for the block break, and Cormier refused to do full mount. I used Overeem for the block break, and a summer CAF for the full mount examples. Oddly enough later in the fight with the summer CAF I got a better example of the block break in action.

In Single Player Championships you are always on the left side, AKA the red side. You want your grapple advantage meter to be full red when preforming bottom game transitions, or escapes.

I covered up my head, and waited for my meter to fill. Once it was full I got up.

Remember what I said about the A.I. posting up in half guard right after you transition out of top mount, well that's what happened here. Two for one special.

I started in half guard, and was only worried about side control. I didn't bite on the transition fake, but it turned out not to be a fake. I covered up, and took my shots to fill my meter. Once full, I pulled him down, and transitioned back to half guard. He immediately posted up. I covered up my head, and waited for my meter to fill. Once full I transitioned to dominate half guard because I have wrestling transitions. Normally it would be backside.

I let D.C. get my backside. 1st focus I had was to not give up my back. I let him circle around, and then he settled. I built up my grapple advantage and reversed it on him.

Overeem block break.

Summer CAF block break.

• I have been doing the grapple metre and I'm having a bit more success off my back,managed to escape some submissions as well thanks to your tips and video's. I'll try that with the block break in a bit,thank you for your help.