EA Forums - Banner

Companion App

NBA 2k19 just released their companion app. Wouldn’t it be Sick if EA did the same for this game? They “used” to have it for other games then got rid of it.

Replies

• R4phaElMaestro
    147 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    NBA 2k19 just released their companion app. Wouldn’t it be Sick if EA did the same for this game? They “used” to have it for other games then got rid of it.

Companion apps are designed to work a market, like transfers, buy and sell things, complete sets like in fifa etc.
    There's no market place in ufc where you can buy and sell things.
    Only thing you could do is open packs and do sets.

That being said an app like that costs a lot of money to develop and to maintain, which is not worth it just for opening packs and craft tokens
  • NBA 2k19 just released their companion app. Wouldn’t it be Sick if EA did the same for this game? They “used” to have it for other games then got rid of it.

Companion apps are designed to work a market, like transfers, buy and sell things, complete sets like in fifa etc.

That being said an app like that costs a lot of money to develop and to maintain, which is not worth it just for opening packs and craft tokens

Thats why they should give us open market like in FUT so we would could buy and sell things between eachother. That way we could equip our fighters with things wich we actutally need not with the stuff we are given.
  • R4phaElMaestro
    147 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    gorchyy wrote: »

Thats why they should give us open market like in FUT so we would could buy and sell things between eachother. That way we could equip our fighters with things wich we actutally need not with the stuff we are given.

I understand your thoughts but keep in mind that ufc 3 is just a niche game with only a fraction of players compared to big Titels like fifa, NBA 2k, madden etc and have a different budget for development and maintenance.

A market needs maintenance and development too plus mobile devs and budget for the app.

Small amount of players = limited budget, less features
    Many players = more budget, more features

• gorchyy wrote: »

I understand your thoughts but keep in mind that ufc 3 is just a niche game with only a fraction of players compared to big Titels like fifa, NBA 2k, madden etc and have a different budget for development and maintenance.

A market needs maintenance and development too plus mobile devs and budget for the app.

I agree on that but it is same company that is creating game, same people that maintain FUT market could maintain UFC UT does not that make sense?
    And I highly doubt adding market would cost them that much as it is not something new they would borrow/copy/use that from their own francishe (not sure if Madden UT has that). Also I bet there are more features for nba live (i never played it since 2k overtook nba) than for UFC but take in mind that only offical UFC game is made by EA, nba is made by EA aswell as 2k same is with FIFA as Konami has PES. For UFC they are not having anyone to compete with probably thats why it is not developing even more than it is. If you have to compete with someone you do more things, you try to have something better and unique so you could sell better. That is main policy of economy simple as that.
  • gorchyy wrote: »
    gorchyy wrote: »

I agree on that but it is same company that is creating game, same people that maintain FUT market could maintain UFC UT does not that make sense?
    And I highly doubt adding market would cost them that much as it is not something new they would borrow/copy/use that from their own francishe (not sure if Madden UT has that). Also I bet there are more features for nba live (i never played it since 2k overtook nba) than for UFC but take in mind that only offical UFC game is made by EA, nba is made by EA aswell as 2k same is with FIFA as Konami has PES. For UFC they are not having anyone to compete with probably thats why it is not developing even more than it is. If you have to compete with someone you do more things, you try to have something better and unique so you could sell better. That is main policy of economy simple as that.

Mate you are missing out on one very important thing, maybe the most important thing for all wishes and changes:

The guys who are doing ufc aren't the some ones as the fifa guys.
    The brand is EA but the studios are different!

These are sub companies inside EA. Each sub company has a budget. Fifa is huge, gets the most money = huge budget.

I'm a law student and I work in a big company with many sub companies. Each year all of them are getting evaluated and after analyzing each one, everyone gets their piece of the cake depanding on the market, expectations etc.

Just because it says EA doesn't mean that they are all doing everything. The fifa devs could sit wherever and the ufc guys on the other side of the world